Did you plan for Crucible, or just jump right in?

willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,131 ★★★★★
Did you plan out your crucible path, somewhat plan it or just jump right in and hope you didn't hit a roadblock? I personally just jumped right in for path 1, and path 2 I did the same with even less planning and looking at the nodes since I had so many revives.

Did you plan for Crucible, or just jump right in? 85 votes

Planned, as in filled out a spreadsheet
47%
benshbRagnarok13IrakliMagrailothosDoomanmakopondfmoore26Sachhyam257MigginslyGyanemdjersxlbstverliebtWebby72BENNYJcaptain_rogersItsClobberinTimeJ0eySn0wErcarretTerminatrixBen_15455CaptainDenvers 40 votes
Planned, but just looked ahead and keep a general idea of roadblocks
16%
buffajrCupidTrafalgarwar96LordSmashersvilariumSquidopusGiantwalrus56Yodabolt21Sceptilemaniac2CyrillFromTulaMrMojo_RiznChuck_FinleyCuber2906Ring_Master786 14 votes
Jumped right and hoped I'd make it
29%
BashlordphillgreenMqc19spiderbites0196ZuroDeaconGlassbackHainam219Shock29ChrisRM93dee_jay5Real_Madrid_76_2ThomildoSchnoodleUltragamerThe_0wenpusDarkraw346_Pez_JethuaEdisonLaw 25 votes
One path planned, other I jumped right in
3%
Dirty_Dozzwillrun4adonutMrFullStop 3 votes
Other (please explain)
3%
AzKicker316xLunatiXxJLordVileJ 3 votes

Comments

• JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,281 ★★★★
    Other (please explain)
    Doing normal.Planned the first path with a list of champs, second path i looked at nodes and just planned in my head and memorized it. Final two paths I will right down tho
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,850 ★★★★★
    Initially jumped in, but decided that a spreadsheet would help me make more intelligent use of champions; as champs like Bishop could be used for multiple fights, but might be the best option for only one of them.

Props to Eggatron for making the planner; and to KT1 and McocNoob for good walkthroughs.
  • Darkraw346Darkraw346 Member Posts: 2,331 ★★★★★
    Just jumped to Legendary
  • Oliver345781Oliver345781 Member Posts: 183
    Went straight for legendary but i did plan
  • Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Member Posts: 1,112 ★★★★★
    Planned, but just looked ahead and keep a general idea of roadblocks
    I have a few fights left in the first path of legendary… just been using KT1’s sheet as a guide. Basically making sure whatever champ I use isn’t needed later on. Went off script a few times that worked out fine, but I wouldn’t want to do that for every fight.
  • GlassbackGlassback Member Posts: 583 ★★★
    I used this spreadsheet and picked a champ closest to what the suggestions were

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/1/d/10eS0szoYCDlfGX30RmQm6AcdxGx7F2kwgfdTti3dVn4/htmlview#
  • Kingering_KingKingering_King Member Posts: 856 ★★★
    I spent too many units doing it too…
  • phillgreenphillgreen Member Posts: 3,972 ★★★★★
    Copied someones writeup here and winged it if the champs didnt line up
  • Sunstar19Sunstar19 Member Posts: 165
    Planned a lot using spreadsheet, I hate to be caught in a situation where I don’t have the right champ for that one fight down the path because I used my Hercules earlier. 5 fights in and the end is still very far
  • xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Member Posts: 1,397 ★★★★★
    Other (please explain)
    Didn't use a single braincell and copied one of the online excel guide sheets. I'm on holidays so the less braincell I use the better. Didn't matter the rank my champ was.
  • Dirty_DozzDirty_Dozz Member Posts: 452 ★★★
    One path planned, other I jumped right in
    Half and half. The first path I did (the one starting with Roblin), I did as many fights as I was comfortable with using lower ranked Champs (like 3 or 4 were done with 5R5s, and a few more were done with 6R2s), this way I could save my heavier hitters for later on. Didn't go too bad, but hit a few snags due to suboptimal Champs.

Second path, I'm being a bit smarter, checking a few people's lists for suggested Champs before making my decision.
  • DeaconDeacon Member Posts: 4,234 ★★★★★
    Headed straight to the pit .... Act 7 wasnt that long ago to where I forgot the fights so i just made sure I checked out the nodes and applied appropriate counters ... once or twice I misread and ended up in a longer than normal fight (Hulkbuster, Purgatory)

And I had to restart once because of Rhino ... used Zemo but his disorients are passive so they didn't count for the node smh.

Overall for exploration I spent maybe 10 revives.
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,730 ★★★★★

Did you plan out your crucible path, somewhat plan it or just jump right in and hope you didn't hit a roadblock? I personally just jumped right in for path 1, and path 2 I did the same with even less planning and looking at the nodes since I had so many revives.

Currently planning a path, but will probably get bored with that and just dive in the rest lol