Rank Down Gems (More Available)

I think we are at a point in the games economy to at least see the appearance of more ways to get rank down gems. I have so many resources invested into 5 stars and even some 4 stars that I would love to rank down, get the resources, and put them into those same champs at a higher star rarity. This becomes an even bigger problem when you have 6 stars eating up more valuable resources then just to pull them as a 7 star. Even if we don’t see them completely readily available we should at least start seeing them more, starting with the lower star rarities being more readily available obviously

Comments

• Phantøm_EchøPhantøm_Echø Member Posts: 47
    Wouldn't you rather see more resources available rather than recycling the same ones? Why not expand your roster when new content like the crucible rewards progression like that, or when special challenges come back asking for us to use these lower rarity champs. I just don't understand why you'd rather re-use those resources rather than push for more resources so you can have both rank ups and healthy advance your account. It's like if instead of a 2-3 rank up gem from the crucible we got a 7 star rank down ticket, that just makes no sense progression wise.
  • JackTheSnackJackTheSnack Member Posts: 184

Wouldn't you rather see more resources available rather than recycling the same ones? Why not expand your roster when new content like the crucible rewards progression like that, or when special challenges come back asking for us to use these lower rarity champs. I just don't understand why you'd rather re-use those resources rather than push for more resources so you can have both rank ups and healthy advance your account. It's like if instead of a 2-3 rank up gem from the crucible we got a 7 star rank down ticket, that just makes no sense progression wise.

This is true in a sense. I find it senseless to have a ranked up 5 star bullseye and scarce resources to rank up my 6 star. Gold and iso. I think this mainly applies to lower star levels a whole lot more than the higher star levels. For getting the ticket that is. The only content I would need copies or multiple of would be the crucible, carinas challenges, or arena. Otherwise it’s holding back my BGs deck when I could be swapping in my 6 star. Instead I’m scarce on resources when I need to be ranking up the 6 star and putting him into play. It would make no sense really for a 7 star rank down as that is the highest star rarity. I do think 4 and 5 star rank down tickets should be semi attainable for situations like this
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,211 ★★★★★
    No
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,039 ★★★
    The game is built on developing a roster for all possible fights you'll encounter, not focusing on a single champion and making them your main focus. Rank down tickets completely fly in the face of that goal by essentially letting people rank up a champion for a while then taking those resources and putting them into someone else.

Each rank up should be thought out and rank down tickets just remove that aspect of the game entirely
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,039 ★★★

This is true in a sense. I find it senseless to have a ranked up 5 star bullseye and scarce resources to rank up my 6 star. Gold and iso. I think this mainly applies to lower star levels a whole lot more than the higher star levels. For getting the ticket that is. The only content I would need copies or multiple of would be the crucible, carinas challenges, or arena. Otherwise it’s holding back my BGs deck when I could be swapping in my 6 star. Instead I’m scarce on resources when I need to be ranking up the 6 star and putting him into play. It would make no sense really for a 7 star rank down as that is the highest star rarity. I do think 4 and 5 star rank down tickets should be semi attainable for situations like this
    Welcome to the game. Investing in champs that are available at a higher rarity than you currently have is part of the game.
  • ThePowerCosmicThePowerCosmic Member Posts: 117
    I just r4 my awakened spiderham, and of course I pull the 7* version, same happened with Onslaught, I'm not advocating for flooding the game with rankdown mats, but a few here and there absolutely!
  • ThePowerCosmicThePowerCosmic Member Posts: 117
    It's not like your getting back gold and sig stones back right? I never got to use a rankdown ticket, but the fact that they exist proves they have a place in the game.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,247 Guardian
    Final couple hours, or such, to use your SHOCKER RANK-DOWNS.

Noticed you get BASIC (black) ISO back, instead of Class.
    Wonder then if the amount of Levelup Gold returned is then also based on if you had originally been using Basic ISO (instead of class).

So when you go back and use Class ISO to increase Shocker back up again (for those with excess ISO in general), the net effect would be a positive gain on the amount of Gold you have ??
  • JackTheSnackJackTheSnack Member Posts: 184

I just r4 my awakened spiderham, and of course I pull the 7* version, same happened with Onslaught, I'm not advocating for flooding the game with rankdown mats, but a few here and there absolutely!

Exactly. We’ve only seen 1 right? The shocker ticket?
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,211 ★★★★★

Exactly. We’ve only seen 1 right? The shocker ticket?
    No there have been a handful throughout the game history when there is a significant enough change to a champion or mechanic that would impact players and why they ranked a champ in the 1st place.