Dust's purify ability not working

ZachealZacheal Member Posts: 37
edited August 18 in Bugs and Known Issues
In dust's kit, it states that "when the opponent purifies a Debuff, Dust deals a burst of physical damage. This ability has been working until recently where the debuff gets purified but the opponent suffers no burst of physical damage. Here is a video Showcasing the issue: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E_BVE7LgKRfJJE4KVQCAGsY61pAfS75H/view?usp=sharing

Comments

• SquammoSquammo Member Posts: 526 ★★★
    I’ll just use your post to add that her purify isn’t working correctly either. She is only applying two passives instead of 3.

I think dust might be one of the most bugged champs right now. Just checked Trello and nothing is mentioned there.
  • WannabeGOAT94WannabeGOAT94 Member Posts: 8
    And I am adding once again that her unblockable immunity versus skill champions isn’t working either.
  • SquammoSquammo Member Posts: 526 ★★★
    I hope she gets fixed in the next update. Unfortunately not many people seem to use her, since barely anyone talks about all the bugs with her.
  • MrSanguiniMrSanguini Member Posts: 8
    I also found a fourth bug- her purify abilities are counting cleanse and champs that cleanse. Now this one actually helps here and I think it should be part of the kit, but the fact of the matter is that it’s another bug.

Dust is making a generational bug run. Most bugged champion at a single point in time
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Member Posts: 2,369 ★★★★
    Squammo said:

I hope she gets fixed in the next update. Unfortunately not many people seem to use her, since barely anyone talks about all the bugs with her.

mine is r3. i use her often.
    i have nothing more to add than what the many posts i have already seen have said.

I also found a fourth bug- her purify abilities are counting cleanse and champs that cleanse. Now this one actually helps here and I think it should be part of the kit, but the fact of the matter is that it’s another bug.

Dust is making a generational bug run. Most bugged champion at a single point in time

cleanse and purify are considered one in the same in other areas if i am not mistaken? it is just not clear when they are and are not.
    yes they are considered different for apoc. it does make sense that for the ways dust works they should be considered one in the same as the point is that her debuff are not intended to be removed without punishment.
    her abilitiy should "purify or cleanse"
  • SquidopusSquidopus Member Posts: 312 ★★★

Much like with stagger and nullify, cleanse is considered a separate effect from purify and thus isn’t prevented by anything that prevents purify, BUT generally counts as a purify for most abilities. As an example, Galan’s nullify immunity does not protect him from stagger removing his buffs but staggering one of Vox’s corrupted buffs deals damage as if it had been nullified. Similarly, Apoc’s purify AAR doesn’t stop cleanse but Dust should trigger her damage and sand passives when a sand debuff is cleansed. This one isn’t a bug.

(I am aware that there is one major exception to this rule currently, which is Onslaught not triggering a passive version of a cleansed personal debuff like he would with purify. I don’t think Kabam has ever addressed this, but I also imagine Kabam’s isn’t looking to buff Onslaught and will not change this behavior.)