Kabam's Confusing Response

MajestyMajesty Member Posts: 17
Hi everyone,

I’m reaching out for help regarding a frustrating issue with the Grandmaster’s Vault Keys. After completing the Grandmaster Gauntlet quest, I found that I couldn’t access the chest paths because I don’t have the keys. What’s especially confusing is that there was no in-game information on how to obtain these keys. I initially thought the path might unlock after completing the fights, but I ended up stuck.

After turning to the forums, I learned that Kabam claimed they distributed the necessary keys to all players who completed Act 6 back in 2023. However, many players, including myself, didn’t receive these keys, as seen from screenshots showing incomplete paths. It seems like many are facing the same issue and received inadequate responses from Kabam.

I contacted Kabam Support myself because I spent 9 team revives on the quest and wanted to ensure they weren’t wasted. I submitted a ticket and asked for a clear explanation. Their response was: “After the game team’s thorough investigation of player accounts in January 2023, we have determined that the correct number of Grandmaster’s Vault Keys have been granted to each player, including those who did not receive any Keys.”

This response is confusing and contradictory. It asserts that all players received the correct number of keys while acknowledging that some players didn’t receive any. The statement fails to clarify how this resolves the issue and feels dismissive. It’s almost as if they are not taking the problem seriously.

As a valiant player who has invested a lot of time and effort into the game, I believe I should be able to get information about such issues directly in the game, not through forums and threads. The lack of in-game guidance on obtaining these keys is frustrating and leaves players like me feeling unsupported.

I’m not upset about the time and revives spent; I enjoyed the challenge. However, the inadequate response from Kabam is what’s truly frustrating. I’ve been playing this game for over four years and have spent around $100, which is a significant amount in Turkish currency. I believe I deserve a proper response, even if it’s just an apology and acknowledgment of the issue.

I would love to hear your thoughts on this situation. Am I misunderstanding Kabam’s response, or is my frustration justified? Any insights would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,226 ★★★★★
    edited August 23
    You need to complete act 6 for the keys now so as long as you did that kabam should give them to you
  • MajestyMajesty Member Posts: 17
    edited August 23
    You are right but I couldn’t have known this because there’s no indication of the keys in the Act 6 exploration or completion rewards sections. This kind of information should be accessible in-game, not only through forums. It’s frustrating that players have to search external sources for crucial details that should be clearly provided within the game itself,at least thats what I think,personally.
  • NMEONESNMEONES Member Posts: 273 ★★
    I’ve completed act 6 but don’t see any keys in my inventory
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,255 Guardian
    I believe that the quote “ the correct number of Grandmaster’s Vault Keys have been granted to each player, including those who did not receive any Keys” refers to Kabam had distributed the proper keys afterwards to people who did not originally receive them.

It is NOT saying that they still know of people who have still not received any even though they should have.

Those may (?? - I don’t know) have gone out as in game Mail Msgs as the missing keys. And if so, and then if someone had not actually gone back into the game for such a period of time afterwards, that those keys sent in game Mail then may have expired while waiting to be claimed, but were never claimed. That may be a reason some ppl still might not have them ???
    edited August 23
    Also,I've seen multiple threads where players mention that even after completing and exploring Act 6, they still didn’t receive any keys. For me, the revives aren’t the main issue.I played the quest for enjoyment, not for rewards. What truly frustrates me is the uncaring and almost mocking nature of Kabam's response.That sentence contradicts itself and feels dismissive and does not address the core problem, leaving many players unsupported and undervalued,not just me.Thats my main issue.
    @SummonerNR

That might be the case but from the threads Ive checked,many players were affected by the same issue,which could have been easily prevented with proper in game information.
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Member Posts: 1,692 ★★★★★
    I'd give you mine if I could, I ain't using 'em
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,302 Guardian
    Majesty said:

You are right but I couldn’t have known this because there’s no indication of the keys in the Act 6 exploration or completion rewards sections. This kind of information should be accessible in-game, not only through forums. It’s frustrating that players have to search external sources for crucial details that should be clearly provided within the game itself,at least thats what I think,personally.

Actually, the keys are there in the Act 6 reward section:

Also, every quest can be checked for things like key requirements before entering:

Although I will say that it would be a good QoL addition for all such key listings to have a pop up tooltip attached that references where they are. I’m going to throw that into the suggestion box now.
  • Elk_Elk_ Member Posts: 15
    The current account I'm playing on is about 2.5 months old. I believe after fooling around I got throne breaker in 1-1.5 months in by act 6 completion. This post had me curious so I checked my inventory and I have the 3 that the account got from the completion not sure if you're looking at the wrong section but I found mine in the others category. I know they weren't always there and players were given some who had already completed before its addition. Including that I believe either last year or the one before that they gave 2 keys as a compensation for some players. It could be that you're just forgetting you've used them and very well could be the fact that you were never sent them in the first place. Either way I would say look again and try again and hope you may have some proof you never received any because kablam won't just believe you on something like this without some evidence. Hope you get a better response and something possibly fixed.

• MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 4,843 ★★★★★
    If you completed act 6 prior to the keys being in rewards and didn’t claim them from your mail, you’re SOL.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,302 Guardian

If you completed act 6 prior to the keys being in rewards and didn’t claim them from your mail, you’re SOL.

If the keys were sent but expired in email, I recall hearing of some players who opened tickets with support and were able to have that verified and get replacement keys. But they had to specifically state this in the ticket. So it is possible if this happened to the OP they might be able to amend their ticket or open a new one and ask specifically if the keys expired without being claimed and if so could they get replacement keys. No guarantees, but it is worth a shot.
    @DNA3000 @MrSakuragi @Elk_

Yes, they are actually shown here. I didn't see them before—my mistake. However, I don't think I received them, as I never saw them in my inventory and never used the chest path or played the quest at all, as can be seen from the screenshot. I could try my luck by asking Kabam to check the account and provide compensation keys, but since I already completed the quest from the normal path after their first response, I would have to play it all over again. It's not worth it. Thanks for your comments.
  • Awesomep12Awesomep12 Member Posts: 823 ★★★
    Bro needs to read up on that ninjago lore to understand kabam