New War Tactic

WhiteKnightWhiteKnight Member Posts: 463 ★★★
Not seen much about this new war tactic, am I the only one finding ita bit ****?

Half the attackers dont place debuffs to actually trigger the tactic, the defenders seem to be much better champs than the attackers being chosen and (as always) some nodes amp the tactic through the roof

Mangog on node 46, even using silk is gaining stupid power and shooting to an sp3, she is doing nothing to the power gain at all

Comments

• captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,879 ★★★★★
    This tactic is miles better than magic thief and crush. Houseofmirrors is a joke tactic this one is in the right difficulty imo
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Member Posts: 4,104 ★★★★★
    Off season
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Member Posts: 1,524 ★★★★★
    I prefer Magic Thief. I was fighting a bishop up on the left hand side of boss island with IronHeart and during his SP2 animation he gained enough power to throw an SP1. He was throwing a ton of specials, it was complete bull.
  • GrumrokGrumrok Member Posts: 76
    edited August 26

It's ABIT ****, I have path 5 and most defenders go debuffs immune after a knock down on a couple of fights, which make iron heart, leader and a few other of my champs I ranked up pretty useless.... I hate it tbh

You can Just place debuffs before knockdown, the healblock wich prevents the defense mechanic is passive and wont get removed.

But in my opinion kabam forgot to add a good chance of placing debuffs (even passives maybe without any other effect than beeing used for the global interactions) to the tactic.
    There are several champs wich are completeley useless without sp1 booster, well thougt out battleplans of 5 heavys first, or 2 heavys into sp1 and 10hit combo etc, or even debuffs locked behind sp2 or champs without any debuffs in the kit like Shocker (only usable with synergie) or mechanics wich wont work like Punisher2099's healblock, since those passive ones of the global DEF dont trigger it. Also using Void and waiting till 5 debuffs triggered every time is a hell of a waste of time.
    Otherwise youre always forced to survive 1 or 2 phases of crazy powergain and prayers that the AI really throws SPs without tanking to sp3 only.

When unsing champs with easy AND reliable access to debuffs on light/medium hits or Healblock on heavy/medium or kombo finishers, the interactions are quite well working and enjoyable.
  • tmnt45tmnt45 Member Posts: 46
    why werent any of the great attackers added to this attack global. why are we punishing mid level players here
  • tmnt45tmnt45 Member Posts: 46
    Grumrok said:

It's ABIT ****, I have path 5 and most defenders go debuffs immune after a knock down on a couple of fights, which make iron heart, leader and a few other of my champs I ranked up pretty useless.... I hate it tbh

You can Just place debuffs before knockdown, the healblock wich prevents the defense mechanic is passive and wont get removed.

But in my opinion kabam forgot to add a good chance of placing debuffs (even passives maybe without any other effect than beeing used for the global interactions) to the tactic.
    There are several champs wich are completeley useless without sp1 booster, well thougt out battleplans of 5 heavys first, or 2 heavys into sp1 and 10hit combo etc, or even debuffs locked behind sp2 or champs without any debuffs in the kit like Shocker (only usable with synergie) or mechanics wich wont work like Punisher2099's healblock, since those passive ones of the global DEF dont trigger it. Also using Void and waiting till 5 debuffs triggered every time is a hell of a waste of time.
    Otherwise youre always forced to survive 1 or 2 phases of crazy powergain and prayers that the AI really throws SPs without tanking to sp3 only.

When unsing champs with easy AND reliable access to debuffs on light/medium hits or Healblock on heavy/medium or kombo finishers, the interactions are quite well working and enjoyable.
    perfectly said but kabam dont care they hate the player base
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,015 ★★★★★
    Grumrok said:

I agree, I run 5 and that’s my strategy… still most of the options that run with the tactic are not very enjoyable when debuffs get purified regularly and a lot of these champs rely on interactions with them for damage in addition to the tactic interaction, making the fights slower, riskier, and more chippy.

Then there's this: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/374812/path-5-tunedown-enchantress-on-unstoppable-heavy

Realistically AntiVenom and Silk are the only tactic options, maybe QS as a non-tactic to this combo. This feels like an oversight from a design standpoint, so hopefully another few attackers that can manage it are introduced… as I expect Silk to be permabanned
  • GeoradGeorad Member Posts: 64
    There is "30% chance to miss basic attacks".
    Just used sp1 Sandman on Wikkan with power gain already active and missed a whole attack.
    Tier 2 Node 36.