**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

5-Star Featured Crystal Change Discussion Thread

Comments

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @GroundedWisdom you are in favor of the new crystal? I'm shocked... Still waiting for you do disagree with something, with anything that Kabam does. Maybe if you pretended to disagree with something just to add a little credibility...

I don't need to solemnly disagree with anything just to prove some kind of allegiance to the Players. I've explained this before. I'm not part of the "US Vs. THEM" mentality.

Sure, but what company is there that does everything right? Surely there must be at least one decision made by Kabam with which you disagreed enough to post. If not it's hard to take you seriously. Is there one? I mean seriously, one?
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    @SKK65
    Does not work like that mate they look at poor performers picks for aq and aw and throw them in thinking we will all benefit from them.
  • 2/24 chance to get a good champ. That's pretty good odds for 15k
    Dub wrote: »
    I want to see where storm or ant man are effective on any levels. The lower you to the worse they get. Storm used to hit hard before bleeders were crazy good. Now she’s mediocre at best. As far as Jane goes. If you want a good stun champ put hulk. Or put iceman or aa as chances so people’s odds of getting a decent champ are higher than like 8 percent

I can't agree with that. Storm is a killer.

You can’t tell me you’d be ok with pulling one of the oldest champs in the game out of a 15k shard deal over the champ your going for. I’ve had her r4 before and there’s a reason she’s not any more. She’s behind on the curb of champs.

You can pull Storm from a Featured 5-Star Hero Crystal right now. You can also pull Ant Man, or Agent Venom, or any of the others listed here. You can also pull a lot more Champions, from Colossus, to Star Lord, to Kamala Khan. This is a smaller pool, where you know what you can get, and makes it easier to dupe any of the Champions involved.

But is it easier to dupe a specific featured champ that it was from the crystal that gave an increased chance at that champ?
  • lagulamalagulama Posts: 38
    Just talked to the team, and they are comfortable with sharing the list of Champions we plan to include in the first Featured Champion Crystal. It's important to note that this list could still potentially change a little before the release, but the selected Champions are based on empirical data showing their effectiveness as 5-Star Champions in both Alliance Quests and Alliance Wars.

Beast
    Storm
    Cable
    Cyclops (New Xavier School)
    Thor (Ragnarok)
    Taskmaster

Agent Venom
    Hawkeye
    Modok
    Sentry
    Void

Ant-Man
    Mordo
    Thor (Jane Foster)
    Loki
    Juggernaut
    Hela
    Phoenix
    Ronan
    Venompool
    Nebula
    Punisher (2099)
    Civil Warrior
    Doctor Octopus

Bold Text denotes Featured Champions.

mk5veem56lga.jpg
  • NinjAlanNinjAlan Posts: 358 ★★★
    edited January 2018
    What a middle finger to the science class, and those holding 1 or more science awakening gems. Wait over a year to release a science champion, release 2 joke of champs in a row, then remove the featured crystal. Smh
  • Hulk_77 wrote: »
    LiquidButt wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike

Maybe i missed it but how often does this crystal get "refreshed" ? like how often do the 18 champs get changed?

There will be a New Crystal every 3 Months. This Crystal will feature the 6 newest Champions, and another pool of 18 Champions as the Base Pool.

If you keep cycling the 18 champs, eventually you're going to create a completely STACKED 15K crystal if the next couple are as underwhelming as this one.

Champions will repeat, but will not appear twice in a row.

so basically there is enough trash champs that they can alternate these every time and just so happen to never put any good ones in. basically..

how about a character doesn't go back in until the entire pool has been in once!?!?! thats fair!
  • DubDub Posts: 12
    I want to see where storm or ant man are effective on any levels. The lower you to the worse they get. Storm used to hit hard before bleeders were crazy good. Now she’s mediocre at best. As far as Jane goes. If you want a good stun champ put hulk. Or put iceman or aa as chances so people’s odds of getting a decent champ are higher than like 8 percent

I can't agree with that. Storm is a killer.

You can’t tell me you’d be ok with pulling one of the oldest champs in the game out of a 15k shard deal over the champ your going for. I’ve had her r4 before and there’s a reason she’s not any more. She’s behind on the curb of champs.

You can pull Storm from a Featured 5-Star Hero Crystal right now. You can also pull Ant Man, or Agent Venom, or any of the others listed here. You can also pull a lot more Champions, from Colossus, to Star Lord, to Kamala Khan. This is a smaller pool, where you know what you can get, and makes it easier to dupe any of the Champions involved.

Your talking to somebody who’s already done this. Recently at that. But the way this system is you might as well make the crystals the same as the basic and not have a feature because your dupe chances aren’t any better. At least the old crystal had increased odds at the champ you want. Now you have the same chance at 24 champs. Which is horrible odds
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    Mixalis wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »

I didn't say to put all 24 Troll, my argument was where are some of thr better champs!

Please be a bit more respectful. I am a real-life human being.

My point is you have to put more attention to the 6 new champions. So the rest are there to make sure the chances are balanced. So the other 18 champions, shouldn't be more exciting to get than the "featured" ones. In that way, they make sure you keep trying to get the champions.

Now given that only 6 of 24 are new, I can understand the disagreement with the chances.
    I think people are overreacting to these news. How many players actually buy the featured crystal anyway?

I'm in a 15 mill alliance, while you're in a 6mil alliance. Of course you don't mind winning antman as a featured. Try fighting a 50k Majik in war with antman or the other trash champions they have.

So when you say:
    Kabam likes to mess with the hand that feeds them. I'll remind you, the hand is the players! What is your argument about the other great champs not being brought in? Are they not used in aq/aq??!! There is noooo way the players will go for this ****!

You mean a very specific subset of players, not all players. A subset that includes you, and doesn't include him.

You regurgitated what my argument was against his initial reply. What was the point?

I did no such thing. My "point" or at least one of them is to point out that this is not the case you appear to be making, however much you think you are. When you literally state your argument explicitly as "my argument was where are some of thr better champs!" and call someone a troll while you're doing so, that doesn't remotely sound like any attempt to advocate for fairness in the crystal. That sounds like an attempt to say that if someone else thinks there's value in the crystal, that's only because they aren't a strong enough player for their opinion to matter.

If you don't see the hypocrisy in that, then you don't see my point because my point is something you're immune to understanding.
    PandasRFud wrote: »
    TKal wrote: »
    Just talked to the team, and they are comfortable with sharing the list of Champions we plan to include in the first Featured Champion Crystal. It's important to note that this list could still potentially change a little before the release, but the selected Champions are based on empirical data showing their effectiveness as 5-Star Champions in both Alliance Quests and Alliance Wars.

Beast
    Storm
    Cable
    Thor (Ragnarok)
    Taskmaster

Agent Venom
    Hawkeye
    Modok
    Sentry
    Void

Ant-Man
    Mordo
    Thor (Jane Foster)
    Loki
    Juggernaut
    Hela
    Phoenix
    Ronan
    Venompool
    Nebula
    Punisher (2099)
    Civil Warrior
    Doctor Octopus

You really picked the best mystics, I like it ! Would love to see what your data shows about effectiveniss in AW et AQ about those amazing god tier mystic champs

Again, we never said that they were the best performing. It is also important to keep in mind that what may be desirable at your level of play may differ from other players as well. A lot of players could use a Champ that hits as hard as Storm with her Special Attacks, or the ability to shrug off debuffs like Agent Venom, or Stun like Jane Foster.

Based on my knowledge from having played the game for over 2 years, only newer players would need champions like Agent Venom, Storm, or Jane foster for the damage/utility that they possess. The majority of players in the end game community find these characters to be nothing more than "arena fodder" (practically useless outside of arenas).
    Under practical circumstance, do you truly believe that newer players would be in any position, much less willing, to spend an additional 5000 5-star shards just to obtain one of the champions that was named? To be brutally honest, I don't think hardly anyone would be willing to purchase these crystals. The endgame community certainly won't, and I don't think a newer player would find any merit to purchasing these crystals over the 10k ones.

Couldn't agree more. There are much better champs in the basic pool. These crystals make no sense.

It's entirely up to people if they want to go for them or not. The difference is the 6 new Champs are in these.

I agree with this. But as there are better champs in the basic crystal than these 6 I doubt many people will buy it. Hopefully when it turns out to be a huge failure they will make it better.
  • ChipalasChipalas Posts: 6
    edited January 2018
    A far better solution would be to still have featured crystals and once that is up you’d have these “new featured” increasing your odds 3 months down the line. Better than them being added to the generic 5* pool.

Why punish everyone who saves for a champion they want other than to force them to buy crystals for their opportunity now. $100 for 10 crystals of 3*s.... A blatant cash grab.

@Kabam Miike
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    PandasRFud wrote: »
    TKal wrote: »

Beast
    Storm
    Cable
    Thor (Ragnarok)
    Taskmaster

Agent Venom
    Hawkeye
    Modok
    Sentry
    Void

Ant-Man
    Mordo
    Thor (Jane Foster)
    Loki
    Juggernaut
    Hela
    Phoenix
    Ronan
    Venompool
    Nebula
    Punisher (2099)
    Civil Warrior
    Doctor Octopus

You really picked the best mystics, I like it ! Would love to see what your data shows about effectiveniss in AW et AQ about those amazing god tier mystic champs

Again, we never said that they were the best performing. It is also important to keep in mind that what may be desirable at your level of play may differ from other players as well. A lot of players could use a Champ that hits as hard as Storm with her Special Attacks, or the ability to shrug off debuffs like Agent Venom, or Stun like Jane Foster.

Based on my knowledge from having played the game for over 2 years, only newer players would need champions like Agent Venom, Storm, or Jane foster for the damage/utility that they possess. The majority of players in the end game community find these characters to be nothing more than "arena fodder" (practically useless outside of arenas).
    Under practical circumstance, do you truly believe that newer players would be in any position, much less willing, to spend an additional 5000 5-star shards just to obtain one of the champions that was named? To be brutally honest, I don't think hardly anyone would be willing to purchase these crystals. The endgame community certainly won't, and I don't think a newer player would find any merit to purchasing these crystals over the 10k ones.

Couldn't agree more. There are much better champs in the basic pool. These crystals make no sense.

It's entirely up to people if they want to go for them or not. The difference is the 6 new Champs are in these.

I agree with this. But as there are better champs in the basic crystal than these 6 I doubt many people will buy it. Hopefully when it turns out to be a huge failure they will make it better.

Usually by the time these things are announced, it's past a trial, but I can't speak for them. What I mean by selection is that people can gauge for themselves depending on what Champs are in it. Those Champs will change. The pool will become more favorable over time.
  • RSoxNo1RSoxNo1 Posts: 43
    MSpawn wrote: »
    SO, curious to know.. how do you definitively know how many players were "saving for Blade" Is this admitting you know who sucks and who doesn't? Is that a basis used to manipulate the drop rates?

I mean... there's a website dedicated to saving Crystal Shards for Blade, and many of you have posted all over the Forums and Reddit about how you're saving for Blade.

Interesting, you found that information. Funny, I Don't see the website devoted to how good Ant-Man and Cyclops are. Maybe there was a Reddit thread that I missed? Can you provide us with a link?

Seriously, if you wanted to change this up to something at least intriguing, you make the base pool champions that aren't currently available as 5 stars like Wolverine, Black Widow, WWII Cap, OG Daredevil, Scarlet Witch, etc.

All this is going to do is cause people to speak with their wallets again. People won't by the 15k crystals and it will cost Kabam money.
  • Why not do

6 featured

6 subs...

even 50% chancd to pulll a duff..

the only reason to put in 18 duff is to stem the playerbase getting decent champs.. to restrict there ease of content forcing them to spend..

especially as ironically the 18 champs are no good for anything above map3 and act3..

guarantee the next set of 18 just so happen to be duff too, all pulled from this amazing data you have.

who here used a antman in 5.4.5? anyone?
  • HuonuoHuonuo Posts: 42
    Quick question, will the new feature 5* crystals replace the rerun or feature 5* crystals all together. If the latter, that's rather a pure shameful scheme to force people buying 300 units feature grandmaster crystals which gives 99% 3*s.

#shameonkabam #kabammoneygrab #boycottspending
  • Deeparvi wrote: »
    LiquidButt wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike

Maybe i missed it but how often does this crystal get "refreshed" ? like how often do the 18 champs get changed?

There will be a New Crystal every 3 Months. This Crystal will feature the 6 newest Champions, and another pool of 18 Champions as the Base Pool.

So @Kabam Miike ...it won’t be incremental...ryt...like 1st time it is 24 and then it is 48 and 3rd time 72, etc...every 3 months you will be issuing a fresh list of 24 champs only which would be available for players only for a limited time like 3 months...then it gets changed...please clarify... @Kabam Miike

Thanks

This is correct. Every 12 weeks (3 months) it will be completely replaced. There will only ever be 24 Champions in this Crystal.
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    bloodyCain wrote: »
    I have serious question right here and need an answer.

1) Will the new 5* Featured crystal has the same drop rate chance as in the basic 5* crystal but limited to only 24? Because that's what I think you guys are trying to do.

Yes, every Champion in the 5-Star Featured Crystal will have exactly the same chance to drop from the Crystal.

There is a clear cons on the new 5* Featured crystal: the chance to get our favourite 5* champ from the 6 new champs will be reduced significantly.

The better way to do, if the plan to do new 5* Featured crystal is unavoidable, is to make the same chance to get the featured champ in the current 5* Featured crystal only apply to the 6 new champs. It's not fair to have the same drop rate to all 24 champs when the curated 18 champs aren't even in our concern.
    Logically speaking, why would we waste our time to collect 5* shards only to spend the extra 5k shard on new 5* Featured crystal and not getting one of those 6 new champs?
    I bet everyone will agree with me.

• Air98Air98 Posts: 81 ★★
    Wow this new crystal sounds horrible, just comes off as a slimy way to get out of not showing drop rates.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Literally all I can think of that is good about this is that this crappy pool won’t be in the next one. Although I feel kabam will just pick another 18 crappy champions