Deathless Chase purchases

N8buckeye08N8buckeye08 Member Posts: 127
I’ve rapidly advanced my account since January. I wasn’t able to get some of the time-locked pieces for DG and DKG but got DV and feel good about getting DSH. So the question is: how valuable Deathless Thanos will be? At the expense of spending on Banquet, how many pieces does it make sense to buy?

Poll question: what’s the most deathless pieces that will be worthwhile to buy so you can get Deathless Thanos?

Deathless Chase purchases 15 votes

66%
brownchr014SupermanojGiantwalrus56Xguard77ThePredator1001OrtounChuck_FinleyEquintsVivesectorkelpo 10 votes
6%
willrun4adonut 1 vote
0%
6%
HuskerCool 1 vote
0%
0%
0%
6%
Ultragamer 1 vote
0%
10+
13%
captain_rogersJonasatlan 2 votes

Comments

• Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Member Posts: 1,097 ★★★★★
    I say one (5k) unless you really want him. Even if he is OP (especially if he is OP) he is getting banned anyway.

I mean is there any champ in the game right now worth 10k+ units based solely on abilities and value?

I am 2 pieces short on DKG. Every time I think about the unit spend in terms of value, I just can’t get there. And since deathless champs are anything but OP, you really are just using all those units for 1 champ.
  • VivesectorVivesector Member Posts: 16
    A few things to consider here
    1) we don't know how good Deathless Thanos will be. If you have the answer to that question, you can weigh that against spending similar amount on Banquet crystals. Ultimately it boils down to what you value more, one champ vs banquet rewards (we don't know the odds for those either)
    2) we don't know if you need all Deathless champs as 7*s in order to obtain 7* Deathless Thanos, if you only need the deathless champs, you can always go for the 6*s by buying pieces for other items like BG tokens.
    3) what if getting Deathless Thanos is not reliant on having all other deathless champs but you'll need everyone for a even more powerful synergy. (This might be wrong coz I vaguely remember them mentioning you'll need all champs to get Thanos)
    4) we know we can get the pieces from objectives and other temporary methods and also buy paying per piece. We don't yet know if they'll open more ways to get these pieces. What if they add this part of the Banquet.

Considering there are more possibilities than the ones listed above. I think best thing to do would be to save/buy units and decide when we get more information on the pieces and Deathless Thanos upon release.
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★
    Where's zero?
  • N8buckeye08N8buckeye08 Member Posts: 127

Where's zero?

Rookie mistake… can’t edit it so i guess just add it in comments lol
  • Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Member Posts: 1,097 ★★★★★
    @Vivesector - on #2 they did confirm you need all 7 star deathless to get 7* deathless Thanos
  • VivesectorVivesector Member Posts: 16

@Vivesector - on #2 they did confirm you need all 7 star deathless to get 7* deathless Thanos

Thanks for the confirmation.
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,039 ★★★

1) we don't know how good Deathless Thanos will be. If you have the answer to that question, you can weigh that against spending similar amount on Banquet crystals. Ultimately it boils down to what you value more, one champ vs banquet rewards (we don't know the odds for those either)
    2) we don't know if you need all Deathless champs as 7*s in order to obtain 7* Deathless Thanos, if you only need the deathless champs, you can always go for the 6*s by buying pieces for other items like BG tokens.
    3) what if getting Deathless Thanos is not reliant on having all other deathless champs but you'll need everyone for a even more powerful synergy. (This might be wrong coz I vaguely remember them mentioning you'll need all champs to get Thanos)
    4) we know we can get the pieces from objectives and other temporary methods and also buy paying per piece. We don't yet know if they'll open more ways to get these pieces. What if they add this part of the Banquet.

Considering there are more possibilities than the ones listed above. I think best thing to do would be to save/buy units and decide when we get more information on the pieces and Deathless Thanos upon release.

We do know that you need all 7 stars to get 7 star deathless thanos
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,039 ★★★

They also specifically mentioned that if you don't get the pieces from the first release or the unit selector you won't be able to get them for a very long time and it will likely be either expensive or locked behind hard content
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,570 ★★★★★
    Depends on how much of a collector you are I suppose. Units are free with a lot of arena grinding.
  • DocWestDocWest Member Posts: 211 ★★★
    Have they mentioned if there will be another chance to awaken the deathless champs?
  • OrtounOrtoun Member Posts: 753 ★★★
    I missed the DKG piece from the first showcase, and it was a slog to get the units for it, I personally wouldn't spend for more then 1.
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Member Posts: 870 ★★★
    I took a break through the entirety of DKG release so I missed him completely except for the piece from the inbox (I also missed the vision piece from spring of sorrow) so I’m completely out of the chase lol would need 20k units. Definitely not doing that
  • brownchr014brownchr014 Member Posts: 44
    Depending on how many pieces you have it may not matter as you have a limit of 3 purchases for 7* pieces. So if you only have 1 piece you are SOL.