Least Desirable 7* Champs

DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,926 ★★★★★
Going through my roster and trying to get a feel for which 7* champs are the ones I find least useful.

To Kabam’s credit, so many of the current crop of 7*’s available generally in game (not chase champs or Deathless—just basic, featured and special crystal available champs) are useful at least somewhere and in many cases multiple modes.

There are, however, a few that really aren't for me—I’d group them under the heading of “least desirable.”

Here’s my list, limited to one per class.

Cosmic: VtD
Skill: Silver Sable
Tech: War Machine
Mystic: Mordo
Mutant: Sauron
Science: Invisible Woman

The fact that I had to stretch in a couple of classes (Science, for a limited crystal champ and Mutant, for a champ that can be a defensive menace) speaks to the general decency of a lot of 7* champs available now. Tech also was a little tricky for me, since Rhodey can be sort of useful and a lot of people tend to dislike Rocket, but I stand by that choice for me.

What’s your list?

Dr. Zola

Comments

• 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Member Posts: 2,723 ★★★★★
    Cosmic VtD
    Skill Sable
    Tech Civil Warrior (Yes he's a 7 star)
    Mystic Sorcerer Supreme
    Mutant Stryfe
    Science Invisible Woman

If we're just going by the base pool then Sam for tech and Thing for science
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,926 ★★★★★
    edited August 30
    Buttehrs said:

Any of them that basically require max sig

Fair point, especially those that are in special crystals (Namor, Angela, Void). Also kind of a jerk move to put them in Titans (Thing, e.g.).

Dr. Zola
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,093 ★★★★★
    Mutant - omega red or stryfe
    Skill - blade
    Science - spiderman
    Mystic - Maw
    Cosmic - Nova
    Tech - dud vision or dud ironman (imiw)
  • NONYABIZZNONYABIZZ Member Posts: 464 ★★★

I have two of them at rank 3 and i can confirm, they are pretty useless. Although i did use sable for one fight in crucible

You can obviously tell sable has been in the drafts since 2017 not just by that damage but by those animations as well
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    Sauron is a monster on offense too
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,069 ★★★★★

Skill - blade
    Science - spiderman
    Mystic - Maw
    Cosmic - Nova

Maw and Nova both are annoying defenders tho
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,619 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Buttehrs said:

Fair point, especially those that are in special crystals (Namor, Angela, Void). Also kind of a jerk move to put them in Titans (Thing, e.g.).

Dr. Zola
    To an extent on the titans point but only for a short time because we know for a fact they'll enter basic pretty quickly. The special crystal ones though is more concerning.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,295 ★★★★★
    edited August 30
    Mutant: Namor
    Tech; Civil Warrior
    Cosmic: VTD
    Mystic: Sorcerer (no bad mystics)

Skill - blade
    Science - spiderman
    Mystic - Maw
    Cosmic - Nova

@Eb0ny-O-M4w
  • TripleBTripleB Member Posts: 259 ★★
    I'd also be interested in the opposite of this list, most used champion in each class.
    A few of the champs people have posted here I find myself using for BGs, War, EQ, and just fun runs, so I can't say they are useless. My list will be champs I don't use and therefore are truly use-less to me.
    *This is list doesn't mean I think they are inherently bad, just that they do not see use from me.

Mutant - Stryfe (TBH not good for short fights and not Aegon for long fights)
    Skill - Silver Sable (There is no use for her)
    Science - Joe Fixit (Only because he is unawakened, once he is I will use)
    Mystic - Guillotine (deathless, seen a lot of good things from her, just haven't used myself)
    Cosmic - VTD (Sig 120 and I do not use him for anything)
    Tech - Guillotine 2099 (Not a fan of the "must win fight with SP3 to have good damage NEXT fight" mechanic)
  • Cloudddey_broCloudddey_bro Member Posts: 276 ★★★

Skill - blade
    Science - spiderman
    Mystic - Maw
    Cosmic - Nova

Maw, Nova, and IMIW are all pretty good defenders.
    DrZola said:

Going through my roster and trying to get a feel for which 7* champs are the ones I find least useful.

To Kabam’s credit, so many of the current crop of 7*’s available generally in game (not chase champs or Deathless—just basic, featured and special crystal available champs) are useful at least somewhere and in many cases multiple modes.

There are, however, a few that really aren't for me—I’d group them under the heading of “least desirable.”

The fact that I had to stretch in a couple of classes (Science, for a limited crystal champ and Mutant, for a champ that can be a defensive menace) speaks to the general decency of a lot of 7* champs available now. Tech also was a little tricky for me, since Rhodey can be sort of useful and a lot of people tend to dislike Rocket, but I stand by that choice for me.

What’s your list?

Dr. Zola

The War Machine is not to be underestimated. Useful pre fights for bgs and war, especially energy resistance, armor breaks, ruptures, prowess removal, tankiness, etc.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,093 ★★★★★
    PT_99 said:

Skill - blade
    Science - spiderman
    Mystic - Maw
    Cosmic - Nova

I find more use for VTD actually, in incursions.
    Nova is fine, but mine is unduped so I rarely use him
  • Archit_1812Archit_1812 Member Posts: 458 ★★
    Mutant: Deadpool
    Tech: Kang
    Cosmic: Thanos
    Mystic: Deathless Gully
    Science: Luke Cage
  • JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,296 ★★★★

Skill - blade
    Science - spiderman
    Mystic - Maw
    Cosmic - Nova

Spiderman and nova are both goated attackers

Luke Cage got buffed and he’s not bad
  • Cloudddey_broCloudddey_bro Member Posts: 276 ★★★

Invisible Woman > Luke is definitely a take of all time. Deathless Guilly is one of the fastest attackers in the game Lol
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,416 ★★★★★
    I'll prolly never use Hawkeye, Red Goblin, or Rocket, from my roster.
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Member Posts: 1,700 ★★★★★
    Laughs in Sig 100 sauron and Sig 80 war machine.
  • Steam97Steam97 Member Posts: 146 ★★

I'll prolly never use Hawkeye, Red Goblin, or Rocket, from my roster.

Hawkeye is very useful for karatemike carina challenge, at least he got one possible use lol but those other 2 are definitely useless
    TripleB said:

I'd also be interested in the opposite of this list, most used champion in each class.
    A few of the champs people have posted here I find myself using for BGs, War, EQ, and just fun runs, so I can't say they are useless. My list will be champs I don't use and therefore are truly use-less to me.
    *This is list doesn't mean I think they are inherently bad, just that they do not see use from me.

Mutant - Stryfe (TBH not good for short fights and not Aegon for long fights)
    Skill - Silver Sable (There is no use for her)
    Science - Joe Fixit (Only because he is unawakened, once he is I will use)
    Mystic - Guillotine (deathless, seen a lot of good things from her, just haven't used myself)
    Cosmic - VTD (Sig 120 and I do not use him for anything)
    Tech - Guillotine 2099 (Not a fan of the "must win fight with SP3 to have good damage NEXT fight" mechanic)

My most used (based purely off attack) would be as follows:

Science: Silk/Ham
    Skill: Black Cat/Cheeilth
    Mystic: Chavez/WWbN
    Cosmic: Vox/Venom
    Mutant: Bishop/Domino
    Tech: OGIM/LDS

Dr. Zola

PT_99 said:

Skill - blade
    Science - spiderman
    Mystic - Maw
    Cosmic - Nova

I find more use for VTD actually, in incursions.
    Nova is fine, but mine is unduped so I rarely use him
    That’s the only real argument for VtD in my opinion. But even there he’s outclassed by so many other cosmics. Without getting into a “how to buff” sidebar, it would be nice to be able to adjust his buffs and have a little immunity somewhere for him.

Dr. Zola
    edited August 30
    Buttehrs said:

DrZola said:

Buttehrs said:

Dr. Zola
    To an extent on the titans point but only for a short time because we know for a fact they'll enter basic pretty quickly. The special crystal ones though is more concerning.
    For sure. It does take some of the sting out of it. Personally, I’d like to see either special crystal limits bumped to 2X per time period or with a shorter time period before repurchase.

Dr. Zola
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Member Posts: 2,096 ★★★★
    Restricting it to champs that I actually have:
    Tech: IMIW (War machine is close but I might actually use his pre-fight for other champs at some point)
    Mystic: Sorc Supreme
    Mutant: Northstar (PlatinumPool if I ever figure out what to use Northstar for)
    Science: Thing
  • geokenngeokenn Member Posts: 42
    DrZola said:

What’s your list?

Dr. Zola

I can Confirm that 7* War Machine is useless. His Supression does nothing to slow down or stop Unstoppable or degeneration is pretty weak.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,619 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Buttehrs said:

DrZola said:

Buttehrs said:

Dr. Zola
    For sure. It does take some of the sting out of it. Personally, I’d like to see either special crystal limits bumped to 2X per time period or with a shorter time period before repurchase.

Dr. Zola
    Or just tell us when they'll rotate the pools or add to basic.
  • Awesomep12Awesomep12 Member Posts: 891 ★★★
    DrZola said:

What’s your list?

Dr. Zola

Sauron is so much better than stryfe 💀