Count Nefaria or Beta Ray Bill?

EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,090 ★★★★★
Who is better in your opinion?

Count Nefaria or Beta Ray Bill? 92 votes

Count Nefaria
68%
Heinz11Terraandrade5184Uncle_Fatty_247ThatGuyYouSaw235Sw0rdMasterCaptainZexalBrokenHerbal_Taxmandfmoore26FydaneGyanemdjerGridarmbraceelypnagolDart1981FuzzycatsvilariumMrBankspeixemacaco 63 votes
Beta Ray Bill
31%
BigPoppaCBONESnakeEyes69Spity68BigTuna_2054ege999menFoxhero007AshyKnucklesZsirhcZFunkTijjy007FloorKillerTJ107zerodudeSilverbolt69ItsClobberinTimeMmaatthheewwNONYABIZZThe_Nemesis_1998LBN1Katzer 29 votes

Comments

• KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Member Posts: 1,228 ★★★★
    Both good. Haven't played either enough to decide who is better.
  • WrathhWrathh Member Posts: 8
    Count Nefaria
    Not even close imo
  • PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,343 ★★★★★
    My expectations werent high for Bill after how Morbius turned out, i mainly grabbed the deal for the units
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★
    Beta Ray Bill
    Long Form Content: BRB
    War: Nefaria
    BGs: from what I've seen so far, neither are really impressive I'd say they're tied on that one
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,090 ★★★★★
    Count Nefaria
    Alright Nefaria seems to be dominating so far, even though some of us have had Beta Ray Bill from the track for at least a month
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,341 ★★★★★

BGs: from what I've seen so far, neither are really impressive I'd say they're tied on that one

Nefaria is awful on attack for this GC meta so I’d like to see more from him first. You also need to be skilled to do fights fast with him cause he relies on parrying the final part of a special
  • Wolf911Wolf911 Member Posts: 397 ★★★
    Count Nefaria
    Emilia90 said:

Nefaria is awful on attack for this GC meta so I’d like to see more from him first. You also need to be skilled to do fights fast with him cause he relies on parrying the final part of a special
    yes that energy vulnerability is so important for that juicy damage
    Beta Ray Bill
    Emilia90 said:

Lagacy did a bunch of VT fights and it wasn't really that impressive to me. Next season won't be a good indicator cause rich get richer will supercharge him and so will crit me.

Emilia90 said:

Lagacy did a bunch of VT fights and it wasn't really that impressive to me. Next season won't be a good indicator cause rich get richer will supercharge him and so will crit me.
    I saw the vid but he never utilized the energy vulnerability which is where his damage comes from. Can’t access it in the serpent fight, but in the enchantress one and stuff he didn’t manage to evade her specials and stack a single one so it was pretty slow. That’s why I wanted to see more from him
  • psp742psp742 Member Posts: 2,536 ★★★★
    both champions are good..

Count Nefaria at high sig have solid partial immunities.. ionic energy grant immunity to power steal and bleed.. as well as 90% shock and incinerate resistance..

BRB is immune to shock and power drain, and bleed/ poison at 50% potency.. BRB awaken ability increase the damage..

It depends on the current meta where they shine.. if you watch Lagacy video.. he is so 😍 with Count Nefaria.
    Count Nefaria
    Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

I saw the vid but he never utilized the energy vulnerability which is where his damage comes from. Can’t access it in the serpent fight, but in the enchantress one and stuff he didn’t manage to evade her specials and stack a single one so it was pretty slow. That’s why I wanted to see more from him
    He did say he has multiple Abyss fights coming tomorrow with Nefaria
    Beta Ray Bill
    Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

That's a good point, we'll see I suppose I'm definitely going to r6 sig 200 him when he comes out regardless because I like the playstyle overall and the damage looks decent. I just don't know how many meta relevant defenders he'll be able to handle and how fast cause nowadays with so many strong stalling defenders, that's the #1 things that matter on a champ if you want to use them in BGs.
  • NONYABIZZNONYABIZZ Member Posts: 431 ★★★
    edited September 8
    Beta Ray Bill
    Ohh BRB how the community didn't give you a chance. I blame KT1 for this cos there's no way BRB is gonna be shelved into the underrated category.
    Why is he not getting recognized from the community he has damage and GREAT utility,that pulverize is not getting talked about enough for me he's also shock immune(which is rare) and power drain immune, he is literally fast, just 3 bars of power is needed to end any BG HP like MOST GREAT ATTACKERS in BG. What went wrong?
    Why are y'all saying he's slow in BG
    Who started that narrative?
    It's literally 3 bars of power to kill ANY CHAMPION THAT HE CAN TAKE. I promise you 3 bars of power does not take long to reach.
  • Tijjy007Tijjy007 Member Posts: 335 ★★★
    Beta Ray Bill
    I prefer count but he is crippled in bgs if they have unfazed. You will take a combo to the face
    Count Nefaria

Nefaria didn’t seem that impressive to me either. He doesn’t seem like he’ll be super fast in BG unless maybe he has a meta that helps ramp him faster. Who would you use him against in BG? Terrible against Onslaught, Serpent and Bullseye. Photon has a bunch of energy resist. Maybe he’s okay against Sassy and Mangog. I just have trouble seeing what he can do that other amazing science champs already can’t.

I wouldn't use him against Bullseye, since bleeds remove his ionic energy.
    However he is good for Killmonger (He reduces the power Killmonger gains from debuffs by 95%) and Nick Fury, since the 95% regen reduction is passive and not a debuff, so it can block out most of Nick's second life)
  • Viper198787Viper198787 Member Posts: 582 ★★★★
    Beta Ray Bill
    EdisonLaw said:

Nefaria didn’t seem that impressive to me either. He doesn’t seem like he’ll be super fast in BG unless maybe he has a meta that helps ramp him faster. Who would you use him against in BG? Terrible against Onslaught, Serpent and Bullseye. Photon has a bunch of energy resist. Maybe he’s okay against Sassy and Mangog. I just have trouble seeing what he can do that other amazing science champs already can’t.

However he is good for Killmonger (He reduces the power Killmonger gains from debuffs by 95%) and Nick Fury, since the 95% regen reduction is passive and not a debuff, so it can block out most of Nick's second life)
    I hardly ever see Nick used anymore on defense. Even if he is, he gets nuked down so fast by Hulkling, Venom, and Jugg, that his second life isn’t even a big deal. As far as Killmonger, eh. I guess that’s cool. But he, also, has so many counters at this point and I haven’t seen a whole lot of them on defense either. That’s why I mentioned the 4 I did because I see them everywhere and are typically the main ones you need counters for because they’re so dangerous. In my opinion of course. I’m sure difficult defenders vary from person to person.

EdisonLaw said:

I hardly ever see Nick used anymore on defense. Even if he is, he gets nuked down so fast by Hulkling, Venom, and Jugg, that his second life isn’t even a big deal. As far as Killmonger, eh. I guess that’s cool. But he, also, has so many counters at this point and I haven’t seen a whole lot of them on defense either. That’s why I mentioned the 4 I did because I see them everywhere and are typically the main ones you need counters for because they’re so dangerous. In my opinion of course. I’m sure difficult defenders vary from person to person.
    I’m not in celestial but Nick still gets placed all the time for me in Quantum and Mysterium. He’s nukable on paper but he can really trip you up if he decides to throw an sp1
    Count Nefaria

EdisonLaw said:

Well Juggs and Hulkling can nuke down most defenders with few exceptions
    EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

Well Juggs and Hulkling can nuke down most defenders with few exceptions
    Hulkling is so busted but so balanced at the same time. I did this fight with him in GC (nothing benefitting him here) and I still could’ve played it better. He takes like every meta threat well other than Serpent, Maestro, and Dust

• AzdefAzdef Member Posts: 223
    If we go by only meta defenders, is BRB good against any?
  • peixemacacopeixemacaco Member Posts: 2,276 ★★★★
    Count Nefaria
    Voted for Nefarious guy, as I have 5 and 6 stars, but waiting for Be right back soon on my roster (only have a 3 stars)
    Count Nefaria
    Azdef said:

If we go by only meta defenders, is BRB good against any?

Red Skull, Future Ant Man, maybe Sasquatch, Photon maybe