The communication from Kabam lately has been terrible

Vintage773Vintage773 Member Posts: 62
I’m actually starting to miss Kabam Miike, which would have been an insane take for me a few months ago. The bugs are absolutely out of control, lack of clarity with compensation, etc. Wtf is going on with y’all lately?

Comments

• smdam38smdam38 Member Posts: 1,284 ★★★
    Bugs where? And what? Report your experience if you’re having bugs.

Not everyone is experiencing what you are.

“I have bugs” isn’t exactly constructive.
    What is actually happening?
  • MorningstarIsBaeMorningstarIsBae Member Posts: 177 ★★
    smdam38 said:

Seriously. Ai is passive and that's it for me
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,057 ★★★★★
    smdam38 said:

AI issues, Raids not working, etc
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,057 ★★★★★
    edited September 12
    KabamDORK said:

Love the humor here, some great takes.. but if you're looking for coms from myself or the rest of the team we've been posting about the major issues in the bugs and known issues front as well as news and announcements for the majority.
    On a smaller scale we'll respond to posts with things we can answer. Many times you'll see this as a post from the MCOC Team rather than a single individual at times. If there are places you'd like to see us more, please let us know.
    And yes, the team is getting used to their roles as there is quite a bit to ramp up to with a completely new team on a 10 year old game. We'll do our best and continue to improve based on your feedback.

EdisonLaw said:

@Kabam Pinwheel said that the current team is still getting used to their new roles since Miike and Jax left

Yeah but at some point of time you need to start the work
    Told ya
  • MidnightfoxMidnightfox Member Posts: 1,227 ★★★
    So @KabamDORK @kabampinwheel do we have an update on when we will get our glory???
  • Fit2btiedFit2btied Member Posts: 16
    The question has been asked of @Midnightfox and all we get is silence. Typical.

• Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Member Posts: 829 ★★★★
    While different people I realize will classify different outages at different priorities... high visibility, high impact things things like Raids issues / other things that "a large pool of players will likely want to follow"... usually get an announcement up top.

I think what @kabampinwheel setup was a great template, and a good standard going forward. Its easy to see there is an issue, and its easy to click on a link or "follow" the thread as there are updates.

I may personally have wanted a few more updates, but I think as the team grows acclimated, as well as the community gets acclimated to the new team... we'll get on the same page.
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,277 ★★★★★
    Do we deserve answers, yes we do.
    Do we get to demand answers as if we were shareholders?.. lol no
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Member Posts: 1,533 ★★★★
    We remember fondly the Ad0ras and Kabam Boos and, up until his satirical Op Ed on Batteground skill issues, Kabam Jax, mainly because they divulged info when they had it, or assured us they were looking into it, on a regular basis and with a positive attitude. The double edged sword of Miike was, after a certain point, he mistook the boards as his own personal fiefdom, which while it meant he was omnipresent on the boards, it also meant he'd share what he felt was important, made sure everyone knew he was "yelling" at the devs to show he's pro- player, while also banning those who rubbed him the wrong way in forum AND in game, which is an egregious overreach if there ever were one for a Community Manager. Dave and Pinwheel will have their own cadence and approach in dealing with the forum lifers, and i applaud their professionalism thus far.

As far as the bugginess of the game, it's a 10 year old live service mobile game that's been patchworked incessantly over the years and is still building on a very limited (and limiting) game mechanic: side view left/right/attack/block/retreat fight. That's it. Personally I applaud that they've (and Marvel IP) made a little go such a long way.
  • Crine60Crine60 Member Posts: 1,412 ★★★★
    KabamDORK said:

So @KabamDORK @kabampinwheel do we have an update on when we will get our glory???

No, but if I did, I definitely wouldn't be holding out that information from you. We're expecting to hear something soon but for now they are putting something together but I don't have a timeline on delivery yet.
    I don't know if it's been discussed elsewhere but has any consideration been given to the fact that because the glory comp has been delayed so long it will probably come close to when the rest of our regular glory rewards come and cause us to miss the store reset thereby making us have to spend it on the incrementally higher cost items we normally wouldn't so we will get less for what we have?
  • FunkFunk Member Posts: 85
    Crine60 said:

KabamDORK said:

No, but if I did, I definitely wouldn't be holding out that information from you. We're expecting to hear something soon but for now they are putting something together but I don't have a timeline on delivery yet.
    I don't know if it's been discussed elsewhere but has any consideration been given to the fact that because the glory comp has been delayed so long it will probably come close to when the rest of our regular glory rewards come and cause us to miss the store reset thereby making us have to spend it on the incrementally higher cost items we normally wouldn't so we will get less for what we have?
    Spend it on other stuff, or save a bit
  • DrFunnyguyDrFunnyguy Member Posts: 75
    Think of it this way, glory is the payment we receive for doing the job of AQ. If your job stopped paying you for 2 weeks because of issues beyond your control, you'd be rightfully upset, but at what point do you just stop working because the payment isn't coming? We deserve a compensation package and an announcement of some sort of timeline for said compensation.
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,008 ★★★★★

EdisonLaw said:

@Kabam Pinwheel said that the current team is still getting used to their new roles since Miike and Jax left

Definitely still learning as we go, but I'd agree with several folks in here that we are past the point of "oh we just got here." We definitely are being paid to do a job and also understand that lately there has been a succession of player affecting issues that have either been resolved slowly or not sufficiently. I'm certainly open to hearing suggestions on how we can improve, but just to counter things slightly, we did post multiple announcements re: the raid issues the last two weeks and have been in threads talking about the challenges with the AI. In fairness I do not believe we have addressed 9.1.3 so I can look into that further and see what we can say.

Regardless, I think the issue is, probably, less about what we are saying and more about the slow pace of fixes for certain issues recently. That is something that we absolutely hear you on and, frankly, wish was quicker just like you. Raids being one of these I think magnifies things because of how big the mode is. Because of that we attempted multiple fixes before eventually canceling it because we wanted to avoid player dissruption as best we could. However, this did end up delaying and changing conversations around how things were being fixed and what was being comped, leaving potentially confusing shifting timelines coming from us during the process. We absolutely could have summarized things better after the fact.

All that to say, as a tl;dr, we hear you, we know slow fixes are probably at the core of the frustration, and we are in constant communication with the game team to see how we can prioritize fixes that directly impact players' experience.
    Love this update. Any news on how this relates to the host of in fight issues?
  • Phantøm_EchøPhantøm_Echø Member Posts: 47

EdisonLaw said:

Definitely still learning as we go, but I'd agree with several folks in here that we are past the point of "oh we just got here." We definitely are being paid to do a job and also understand that lately there has been a succession of player affecting issues that have either been resolved slowly or not sufficiently. I'm certainly open to hearing suggestions on how we can improve, but just to counter things slightly, we did post multiple announcements re: the raid issues the last two weeks and have been in threads talking about the challenges with the AI. In fairness I do not believe we have addressed 9.1.3 so I can look into that further and see what we can say.

Regardless, I think the issue is, probably, less about what we are saying and more about the slow pace of fixes for certain issues recently. That is something that we absolutely hear you on and, frankly, wish was quicker just like you. Raids being one of these I think magnifies things because of how big the mode is. Because of that we attempted multiple fixes before eventually canceling it because we wanted to avoid player dissruption as best we could. However, this did end up delaying and changing conversations around how things were being fixed and what was being comped, leaving potentially confusing shifting timelines coming from us during the process. We absolutely could have summarized things better after the fact.

All that to say, as a tl;dr, we hear you, we know slow fixes are probably at the core of the frustration, and we are in constant communication with the game team to see how we can prioritize fixes that directly impact players' experience.
    Great write up, though I think the frustration is not so much with the pace of bug fixes, but more so the fact that there have been so many bugs to fix lately. For a game nearing 10 years, I might be wrong in assuming this, but one would think somewhat quick bug fixes could be in place when dealing with a thing like lag as a byproduct of learning from prior experiences. It ultimately just doesn't feel good to update the game excited about the things moving forward, but feel like we are moving backwards with lag and bugs seeming to pop out more often than not.
  • WhiteKnightWhiteKnight Member Posts: 463 ★★★
    I mean, the majority of the player base was pretty pissed off at the Serpent (lack of) balancing update... maybe that would be a good idea to respond to?

The post has conveniently disappeared now but last I saw it was in the thousands for replies and tens of thousands of views

Not to mention the majority of YouTubers calling out the balancing team on their actually reason for existing, I don't know maybe tell us how the Herc level catastrophe of a defensive champ is being left untouched and yet we all know the balancing program was to prevent the offensive version of this happening again... that would probably be a good place to start 🤷‍♂️

I have him r3 and plowing sigs in as we speak so I actually benefit from the betrayal of playerbase you guys have pulled off here fyi 🫶
  • KingInBlackKingInBlack Member Posts: 318 ★★★
    The bugs and issues page has quite a few I've seen without any response from the kabam side. I've been chasing dust for a while only to find her majorly bugged when I finally got her and couldn't fine anything with an acknowledgement it's being looked into or if there's an incoming fix. Sadly it's a big part of her kit not working properly taking her out of the picture altogether offensively.
  • WhiteKnightWhiteKnight Member Posts: 463 ★★★

Do we deserve answers, yes we do.
    Do we get to demand answers as if we were shareholders?.. lol no

Nah but we can press for answers like paying customers 💸💸💸

Idk about you, but I've spent a decent ammount on this game by most peoples standards... yes that does leave me feeling somewhat entitled to answers and yes, that is self inflicted but when there are paying customers being ignored it doesn't exactly bode well.

Could you IMAGINE the uproar if people bought Fifa or cod at £100 and every other week there was a major almost game breaking issue and nobody from customer support bothered to give updates... why do Kabam get a free pass? Because I've spent A LOT more on this than any console game I've ever bought or played, possibly combined including the damn consoles 🤣
  • Awesomep12Awesomep12 Member Posts: 736 ★★★
    KabamDORK said:

Love the humor here, some great takes.. but if you're looking for coms from myself or the rest of the team we've been posting about the major issues in the bugs and known issues front as well as news and announcements for the majority.
    On a smaller scale we'll respond to posts with things we can answer. Many times you'll see this as a post from the MCOC Team rather than a single individual at times. If there are places you'd like to see us more, please let us know.
    And yes, the team is getting used to their roles as there is quite a bit to ramp up to with a completely new team on a 10 year old game. We'll do our best and continue to improve based on your feedback.

We love you dave but the ai is unplayable against. Pls can someone make a change on this issue. Its (literally) killing us!!!