BG - counters for tough defenders

PrentexPrentex Member Posts: 388 ★★
As the title says - i want to share experiences on good counters for some tough defenders out there, in general and additional for current metas.

I'll start with some experiences on my side, feel free to add your go-to counters

Domino: She is my highest PI champ atm R3 sig95; most of the time she gets banned, this one time i got to place her as a defender and Prowler absolutely destroyed her with full health and very quick, what other counters do you use for her

Zemo: i stopped placing him on defense when the opponent has hulkling or juggernaut, they kill Zemo very quick

Serpent: There is already a thread out there, my go to counter is Chavez, in VT meta i also used Torch sometimes with pre fight, but obviously you loose quite a bit of health

Korg: Just awakened mine and took to R2, who do you use against Korg?

Future Ant Man: He can be so annoying sometimes i ban him, but strong cosmics can handle him, like my R3 Gamora and R3 Venom, gotta be careful though, who do you use

Sand: I hate fighting her, still no really good counter on my deck, any suggestions. In GC meta she is even more powerful because incinerates to remove her sand debuffs barely do damage

Bullseye: With good RNG Archangel can work great, Sinister probably the best counter, also i saw some good Warlock takedowns

Onslaught: Other than Havok, who do you use?

Shuri: Angela works great, also Venom and Gamora

Photon: Mantis is good, but my R2 can't kill a R3 Photon with on SP2, maybe it's time to R3 her, also Gamora can be a good counter, Torch in general but not in the current GC meta

Attuma: He can really be a pain without a good counter, who do you use?

Enchantress: I still haven't learned how to fight her reliably, any tips?

As i said feel free to add to the discussion, have a good day!

Comments

• captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,879 ★★★★★
    Who do y'all use to counter Nick fury reliably (under 45 secs). Also who wotks for red skull besides cgr?
  • PrentexPrentex Member Posts: 388 ★★
    For Nick my best option is Archangel, be sure to have an SP3 ready as soon as he looses first life, launch SP3, if timed right he doesn't heal, also Peni Parker is a hard counter, shuts down second life completely

btw Captain, how are you abyss runs going?
  • AshacekarAshacekar Member Posts: 1,966 ★★★★
    edited September 17
    With Onslaught i have been doing great with any hard hitter since the day i learnt how to dex his sp1 in SoS.
    I ban bullseye, Serpant and fantman so that's problem mitigated. (fantman i do need some help on counters, nuking with Gamora or Venom won't work always, he can stun and do stuff and i don't know his mechanics, i just keep banning him).
    In AW, i do use Dust and Sinister for Bullseye.
    Photon i have been doing well since i learnt to knock her down before on 10+ charges just before a special.
    Enchantress is also on my ban list, it will take me time to perfect this.
    Maestro i use Chavez or Kushala.
    Rest i don't have any issues with.
    Ashacekar said:

With Onslaught i have been doing great with any hard hitter since the day i learnt how to dex his sp1 in SoS.
    I ban bullseye, Serpant and fantman so that's problem mitigated. (fantman i do need some help on counters, nuking with Gamora or Venom won't work always, he can stun and do stuff and i don't know his mechanics, i just keep banning him)
    Photon i have been doing well since i learnt to knock her down before on 10+ charges just before a special.
    Enchantress is also on my ban list, it will take me time to perfect this.
    Maestro i use Chavez or Kushala.
    Rest i don't have any issues with.

Hulkling can nuke FAM. Pierce buffs can prevent glancing.

I really want BRB from titan he can easily nuke FAM and red skull.
    Didn't we all get BRB for free? or do you need him awakened for this?
    Prentex said:

For Nick my best option is Archangel, be sure to have an SP3 ready as soon as he looses first life, launch SP3, if timed right he doesn't heal, also Peni Parker is a hard counter, shuts down second life completely

btw Captain, how are you abyss runs going?

I am not doing abyss challenges. Currently preparing for avengers challengers, After that vol 3.
    Prentex said:

Didn't we all get BRB for free? or do you need him awakened for this?

No you have to buy the pass for brb
  • GlassbackGlassback Member Posts: 570 ★★★
    edited September 17
    Angela great against skull, even in this vt meta.
    Having good luck using kush against maestro
    Didn't think to rank BRB for skull and fantman, might have to try that.

Using storm against bullseye is working well, started that last week. Just make sure to parry when he’s in killer instinct.

I find ironheart counters dust really well. I also use her for domino, onslaught and bishop, I think having her in a deck is good bang for your buck. 5 debuffs applied and you can safely parry onlslut. She can block mutant unblockables and no crit fail against domino. I removed guardian from my deck in favour of her.

Nick is still my biggest PitA in war, just takes that little bit longer but I don’t usually ban him and wish I did.

• AzdefAzdef Member Posts: 223

Who do y'all use to counter Nick fury reliably (under 45 secs). Also who wotks for red skull besides cgr?

Herc works great for me. Not the fastest but always finish with full health.
  • SagaChampionSagaChampion Member Posts: 1,265 ★★★
    You missed another good counter for Domino
    - Lady Death strike
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,022 ★★★★★
    Redskull also beats Domino very easily.

I can't remember the last time I had problem with Zemo, unless he doesn't throw sp1 for 1 whole minute then corner me into 5 hit into sp2 into root.

I don't even look at enemy's deck before banning serpent.

For Korg it's Kitty, NegaSo and JuggNut.

Hate FutureAnt but Kate Angela works, his AI is probably one of the worst, when you hit his block and dash back, FutureAnt doesn't follow and instead use 2 light attacks on repeat, you know why? He's hard coded to do so, notice it when you fight him next time.

For dust, Kitty, Sunspot and Ironheart works

Bullseye, AA negaso cheese him but I love Kitty sp3 spam, literally let him hit her phase and sp3 spam.

For onslaught it's Titania, Jugg, Cap Marvel movie.

For shuri, anyone who can parry her but I love Ironheart here, she parries her and is very tanky to take sp2 on block.

Photon?? Ehh anyone works as long you can parry her last hit of sp1, favourite is Elsa tho, one sp2 and boom, Kingpin Zemo also cool.

Attuma? Kitty NegaSo, yup these 2 carry me a lot. Shuri also.

Enche? Insta ban, have no time to bother with her "do this, hehe now do this, lol now this." 🙄
  • xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Member Posts: 1,394 ★★★★★
    HB for Onslaught but anyone really
  • Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Member Posts: 1,097 ★★★★★
    6 star ascended Starky disposes of Future ant man relatively easily.
  • FeydRauthaFeydRautha Member Posts: 49
    Human Torch with prefight eats Korg alive. Hulkling nukes Fantman. Silk is one of the safest options for Photon but Kingpin is much faster. Fantman is quite good against Onslaught and Dust. Chavez for Maestro and Serpent. Bullseye I like to use Kate to shut down his evade but she takes damage on block. Don't feel like I have the safe counter for him atm.
    The Torch for Korg tip is interesting, haven't thought of it, but with Korgs negative Energy it makes sense.

Venom and Hulking should also deal with Peni Parker pretty well i suppose
  • Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Member Posts: 1,097 ★★★★★

Human Torch with prefight eats Korg alive. Hulkling nukes Fantman. Silk is one of the safest options for Photon but Kingpin is much faster. Fantman is quite good against Onslaught and Dust. Chavez for Maestro and Serpent. Bullseye I like to use Kate to shut down his evade but she takes damage on block. Don't feel like I have the safe counter for him atm.

Was mulling my next several R2 rank ups as I don’t have obvious ones. I think it was Trappy on YouTube showing Odin nuking bullseye. Could get to the SP1. Combo freely with true strike after that but stop at 4 to keep him from throwing a special. An SP2 (7 star R2) took care of the rest.
  • AzdefAzdef Member Posts: 223
    edited September 17
    Also on the other defenders a few uncommon ones(from my experience)
    Domino - Duped Howard
    Korg - Juggs ( nuke!) Wiccan ( melts him easy) Havok , CGR ( pretty common option I guess)
    Fam - Juggs ( nuke!) , Wiccan ( can go wrong sometimes)
    Bullseye - CGR ( got couple of really fast nukes ) , Havok
    Serpent - Mojo , CGR , Hulk ( Smash! eat sp3! Smash! end with around 50-70%health)
    Also as mentioned above Ironheart is pretty good for a lot of fights
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,074 ★★★★★
    Count Nefaria is a viable Nick Fury counter, his regen reduction even works on Nick’s second life allowing Nefaria to outdamage him
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,074 ★★★★★
    Prentex said:

The Torch for Korg tip is interesting, haven't thought of it, but with Korgs negative Energy it makes sense.

Venom and Hulking should also deal with Peni Parker pretty well i suppose

You can also nova flame Korg as well
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,825 ★★★★★
    A few that haven't been mentioned

Zemo - Dani is an almost perfect counter
    Attuma - Bishop , Storm or Shuri
    Red Skull - Attuma (you thought he was just a defender?) and Shuri.
    Bullseye - Prowler, Bishop