punishing players for poorly worded event text

BluChBluCh Member Posts: 58
seasoned player, week 1 and 2 of the SQ went as expected

random paths from Sestertius, used Aureus Gate Key to access all paths

week 3, Sestertius took me to all 3 different paths

4 Aureus in my inventory

accessing all 3 paths with a 4th entry on a repeat path ONLY gave me 91% exploration

so I missed week 3 exclusive rewards for not accessing the Aureus Gate node

nowhere in the event text does it say that 1 Aureus Key is obligatory for use, just "alternatively"

i'm familiar with previous quests where a transitional node would be left unexplored due to all paths being individually explored

so make it make sense that I miss the 100% week 3 rewards because the event text does not say "have to use 1 Aureus Key item each week"

just not conducive to future spending if miscommunication leads to player punishment!

Comments

• BluChBluCh Member Posts: 58

Seasoned players should know that if you see a dashed line then you didn't explore.

as obvious as it may sound, it is not a decisive rule for this game as quests have had nodes that would connect 2 different paths and by following each path individually those nodes would be left unexplored AND the overall quest would award 100% exploration rewards
  • BluChBluCh Member Posts: 58
    update: Support fixed it!

I'm very appreciative as I love this game

hope these entries come with clearer language in the future, if to use alternatively at one's discretion or always required for 100% exploration
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    I mean seasoned players usually tend to just go ahead and 100% everything just in case without even needing to read a post or email.
  • Herbal_TaxmanHerbal_Taxman Member Posts: 412 ★★★
    As always, SQs are needlessly complicated no matter their recent claims toward simplification.