**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Wait, what? With this change, only the Uncollected will be able to get new 5-stars on Day 1?

ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
I'm sorry.

I completely read over this -- and this is completely unacceptable.

Absolutely, completely unacceptable.,

There is no other term to describe this.

Unacceptable. How is that justified?

I defy anyone, anyone at all, to explain to me clearly and concisely how going through 5.2 means a person is able to spend units on a character that is unavailable to those who have not -- we understood completely that they had better chances and more chances, should they purchase those crystals by being Uncollected, and that was relatively fine, because those characters were still available to the rest of us through the Featured Crystal.

Now...wow. People who aren't Uncollected can't try to grt get new 5-stars on Day 1 at all, even if they are willing to spend units?

This isn't hyperbole.

That is absolutely ridiculous and unacceptable.

Comments

• Options
    LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    y25tebctwnko.jpeg
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★
    What are you referring to exactly?
  • Options
    I know what it means: My wallet is closed until that is addressed, is exactly what it means.
  • Options
    So you post on a public forum with no actual point and dont want to explain yourself?
  • Options
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    What are you referring to exactly?

With the change to the 5-star featured crystal, there is going to be a 3-month cycle of the 24 champions in that pool. New champions cannot be in that pool until that cycle is complete.

But if you are Uncollected, you can purchase a 300-unit Featured Grandmaster Crystal for an opportunity to get those new 5-stars on Day 1.

• Options
    Are you referring to the featured grandmaster crystals for 300 units?
  • Options
    So you post on a public forum with no actual point and dont want to explain yourself?

It takes a moment for my device to post and refresh, man. Give me a minute.

• Options
    KnightarthusKnightarthus Posts: 419 ★★★
    edited January 2018
    He is contesting that collected players won’t be able to get featured champions. If I was collected I would be worried about getting any decent champion to become uncollected rather than try to get a featured champion while my roster is trash.
  • Options
    Are you referring to the featured grandmaster crystals for 300 units?

Yes.

• Options
    Good lord. Featured grandmaster crystals have been around since Morningstar. How are not aware of this?
  • Options
    Drewbe14Drewbe14 Posts: 122
    He’s referring to the change in featured 5* crystal and how it will rotate potentially means some champs wont be in that featured crystal for a while and the uncollected can purchase a featured GMC for 300 units each and try (mostly unsuccessfully) for their featured 5* champ potentially weeks before available to attempt for them for the non uncollected
  • Options
    Featured GMCs have been around for months. Since Morningstar. Not new news.
  • Options
    Good lord. Featured grandmaster crystals have been around since Morningstar. How are not aware of this?

You don't get it -- FGMCs have been around. But so have Festured Crystals with new characters on Day 1, for those who are not Uncollected. With this change, those who aren't Uncollected don't have any kind of opportunity on Day 1.

• Options
    Basically his point is that the uncollected have the option to try to purchase the 5* version of a new champ immediately while the “collected” can only attempt to purchase the 4* version.

...and that it’s unacceptable...
  • Options
    BobomanBoboman Posts: 716 ★★
    Those that are not even Uncollected like me don't have that much 5* shards so I don't really get your point
  • Options
    You have to be uncollected to buy featured gmcs and basic gmcs. Has been that way the entire time.
  • Options
    Drewbe14Drewbe14 Posts: 122
    I am uncollected so it doesn’t affect me but it will affect members of my ally that arent and it is pretty much a **** cash grab for the uncollected members and just plain **** for the ones who dont even have the chance to be a whale if they wanted.
  • Options
    You have to be uncollected to buy featured gmcs and basic gmcs. Has been that way the entire time.

But all players had the opportunity at a new 5* champ through the feature 5* crystal. Now some champs will have a 3 month delay before they hit the feature 5* crystal, so “collected” players will not have that champ available to them in any capacity currently.
  • Options
    The uncollected have ALWAYS had that opportunity.
  • Options
    SvainSvain Posts: 453 ★★
    We all know how much the regular featured and I'm assuming the fgmcs are trash odds and a waste of units anyway
  • Options
    Boboman wrote: »
    Those that are not even Uncollected like me don't have that much 5* shards so I don't really get your point

Here's the point.

You are not Uncollected. Player X is Uncollected.

As it was a week ago, on Day 1 of a new release, you could, if you so chose, spend 15,000 shards on a Featured Crystal for a character you wanted.

The Uncollected could do that, as well, and also have the opportunity to purchase the Featured Grandmaster Crystal for 300 units, if they so chose.

Now, with this change, if a character comes out that you want as a five-star, you will not have that opportunity on Day 1.

But the Uncollected player will.

• Options
    So become uncollected. Why is that so hard? We earned it.
  • Options
    ESF wrote: »
    Boboman wrote: »

Here's the point.

You are not Uncollected. Player X is Uncollected.

As it was a week ago, on Day 1 of a new release, you could, if you so chose, spend 15,000 shards on a Featured Crystal for a character you wanted.

The Uncollected could do that, as well, and also have the opportunity to purchase the Featured Grandmaster Crystal for 300 units, if they so chose.

Now, with this change, if a character comes out that you want as a five-star, you will not have that opportunity on Day 1.

But the Uncollected player will.

Do you not realize the odds of getting a featured champ from a Featured GMC? They are horrible. I spent 100's of dollars on Blade FGMC's. You aren't missing out on anything.
  • Options
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    Get uncollected.. You clearly have units you wish to waste

Do you understand why that answer in not a good one?

Being Uncollected is a good thing for those who have accomplished it. No one is trying to take anything from them, and being Uncollected means they have more opportunities to play the game as they so choose -- spend, not spend, hoard, whatever.

We accept that. Not all of us play this game at that level, and want to or choose to.

Better opportunities for some shouldn't mean zero opportunity for someone else -- what if it was flipped?

What if tomorrow, Kabam said that because you have completed 5.2 and are so fsr ahead of someone in Act 4, you can't buy any 5-star crystal opportunities on Day 1....but the people who haven't completed 5.2 can?

See what I mean?

Just because something isn't unfsir to you NOW doesn't mean that is isn't grossly unfair, my friend.
  • Options
    Reevesy01Reevesy01 Posts: 79
    How about completing 5.2 and become uncollected, because your collected you want the same perks as someone that is uncollected and that is unacceptable!
  • Options
    Reevesy01 wrote: »
    How about completing 5.2 and become uncollected, because your collected you want the same perks as someone that is uncollected and that is unacceptable!

Because that is a retroactive change that is punitive toward a segment of the player base that I am willing to bet is as large, or larger, than the Uncollected base.
  • Options
    ESF wrote: »
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    Get uncollected.. You clearly have units you wish to waste

Do you understand why that answer in not a good one?

Being Uncollected is a good thing for those who have accomplished it. No one is trying to take anything from them, and being Uncollected means they have more opportunities to play the game as they so choose -- spend, not spend, hoard, whatever.

We accept that. Not all of us play this game at that level, and want to or choose to.

Better opportunities for some shouldn't mean zero opportunity for someone else -- what if it was flipped?

What if tomorrow, Kabam said that because you have completed 5.2 and are so fsr ahead of someone in Act 4, you can't buy any 5-star crystal opportunities on Day 1....but the people who haven't completed 5.2 can?

See what I mean?

Just because something isn't unfsir to you NOW doesn't mean that is isn't grossly unfair, my friend.

Your "point" works both ways. The Uncollected have a choice. Spend 300 units on one crystal and have a low chance at a featured champ. The uncollected have to wait for the 15k Shard featured crystals too. Just like everyone else. Just because they can buy the FGMC's, doesn't mean they get the champ automatically. You really don't have anything to be mad at. The ONLY featured champ 5* i pulled is Blade and i have bought FGMC's since they came out. I have spent probably over $1,000 of my money on FGMC's so really, you are the winner in this.
  • Options
    SvainSvain Posts: 453 ★★
    It's a perk of being uncollected, and not a very good one at that being they're way too expensive for the horrible odds they have. I really don't get why you're so upset about it. Start saving revives to get uncollected. I don't spend and saved revives for about a month to get uncollected and used 30 units total. You have a month. Start now...
  • Options
    Svain wrote: »
    It's a perk of being uncollected, and not a very good one at that being they're way too expensive for the horrible odds they have. I really don't get why you're so upset about it. Start saving revives to get uncollected. I don't spend and saved revives for about a month to get uncollected and used 30 units total. You have a month. Start now...

No one is saying it isn't a perk -- how do you not see that removing the opportunity from others that previously existed is not an arbitrary and punitive action?

You can't argue that "it's always been this way for the Uncollected" when I can literally sit here and say that it's always been this way that the Collected have 15K Festured Crystals available to them on Day 1 -- if your argument is valid, then why should the other not be?

• Options
    Zeke_the_XbotZeke_the_Xbot Posts: 329 ★★
    The argument is really some people can spend money and the rest have to wait 3 months to try with shards. Tell me I am wrong.