why are people farming in bgs still?

Yukzii_IIYukzii_II Member Posts: 168 ★★
do you even gain anything anymore with the super season? I’ve just had one bigger account forfeit and one relatively small one forfeit consecutively, why? I understand maybe the smaller account felt they didn’t stand a chance but what about the other dude

Comments

• BlackTuranBlackTuran Member Posts: 907 ★★★★
    Old habits are hard to break I guess. There’s absolutely no reason to point farm in bgs, you get much more points in GC for the realm event if they’re worried about rankings for that
  • arifin74arifin74 Member Posts: 170
    I dont get it. With banquet ticket in question, you are unhappy with free win ?
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,144 ★★★★★
    You got free 4 medals, just take them.
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Member Posts: 3,025 ★★★★★
    Same reason you might also occasionally find a player sandbagging even though it hasn't worked for well over a year - because there are people living, and somehow surviving with a complete lack of awareness of what is going in the world around them.
  • MizuriNicoleMizuriNicole Member Posts: 29
    Simple.
    It's harder for most players to farm it in GC especially with the sweaty non grass touching players that reach there the first 2-3 days.

Now you also have BG Blitz Realm Event so it's easier to hit milestones while doing so in Diamond brackets.

Plus, it's non Ban-able
  • ToniXD_16ToniXD_16 Member Posts: 150

Old habits are hard to break I guess. There’s absolutely no reason to point farm in bgs, you get much more points in GC for the realm event if they’re worried about rankings for that

They prob get blasted in GC so they farm in Victory Track
  • JarvisreiJarvisrei Member Posts: 413 ★★

Simple.
    It's harder for most players to farm it in GC especially with the sweaty non grass touching players that reach there the first 2-3 days.

Now you also have BG Blitz Realm Event so it's easier to hit milestones while doing so in Diamond brackets.

Plus, it's non Ban-able

I thought kabam said you'll get banned if you forfeit on purpose to not get promoted like an year ago? Or was it only for that specific season?
    Jarvisrei said:

Simple.

Plus, it's non Ban-able

I thought kabam said you'll get banned if you forfeit on purpose to not get promoted like an year ago? Or was it only for that specific season?
    They did say that, but there's no evidence that action has been taken in that direction.
    They said it 3-4 seasons ago at least.
    I have yet to meet someone who was banned for force quit or point farming.
    False threat by them.
  • ToniXD_16ToniXD_16 Member Posts: 150

False threat by them.

Its just a scare tactic because it doesnt make sense to ban people because of a system you designed devs fault devs backlash figure it out dont treathen youre players because of youre stupidity
    ToniXD_16 said:

False threat by them.

Its just a scare tactic because it doesnt make sense to ban people because of a system you designed devs fault devs backlash figure it out dont treathen youre players because of youre stupidity
    It does make sense to ban people for this because, as they stated in their reasoning, it goes against the spirit of the contest and fair competition. Playing the game by not playing the game is not the objective, and doing so to gain a particular advantage is not okay. There isn't much they can do on the design side to stop that, so they have to be reactive to it.
    Of course, they've done absolutely nothing in this direction. Probably because it's a more pervasive issue than they can handle and they bit off more than they can chew making the threat at all.
  • IlociaMIlociaM Member Posts: 121
    Whales only fight paragons, they surrender the rest
    I truly believe such issue could've of been resolved easier if the beginning of the season bracket
    was not Diamond.
    and of course if the forfeit button would not exist
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Member Posts: 4,114 ★★★★★

I truly believe such issue could've of been resolved easier if the beginning of the season bracket
    was not Diamond.
    and of course if the forfeit button would not exist

You can just let the time run out to lose
  • Toproller89Toproller89 Member Posts: 817 ★★★
    Jarvisrei said:

Simple.

Plus, it's non Ban-able

Kabam said that, but it was an empty threat they couldn’t back up.