Forum abuse?

2»

Comments

• _puy000__puy000_ Member Posts: 183
    I don’t think I’ve ever gotten 30 replies in 20 minutes on one post xD
  • Awesomep12Awesomep12 Member Posts: 999 ★★★

Boiled down simply, it's usually a result of a directed attack at someone. I have 10 points because I called someone a turd because they were belittling someone for something they didn't say. I'll take my 10 points because that person was being a turd.
    So somewhere at some point you said something toward or about someone that crossed a line according to the forum rules.

How am I at 100 XD will it go up by 1k because I called Crashed childish lmao
  • JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,459 ★★★★

_puy000_ said:

I called someone a clown once and got a warning. Never been in jail like @ahmynuts . Not sure how many you need to get sent to jail.

I’ve never gotten a warning even though I have abuse points
    Same, how do I have so much abuse points and didn't get a warning. Also what am I doing wrong, genuinely curious. I mean I'm actually not THAT rude or anything
    There isn't always a warning. And you post a lot, so it may be some combination of content and quantity. It could also relate to how often you tag mods.
    K cool, thx

Boiled down simply, it's usually a result of a directed attack at someone. I have 10 points because I called someone a turd because they were belittling someone for something they didn't say. I'll take my 10 points because that person was being a turd.
    So somewhere at some point you said something toward or about someone that crossed a line according to the forum rules.

I remember you saying that in my post about bgs xD
  • JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,459 ★★★★
    Guys I have made a decision. I will PERFECT on forums so if I get even ONE abuse, I know there is something wrong with the system
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Member Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★

I don't know how they determine how many points a single offense is worth, but it seems to vary. Probably not something worth trying to achieve a high score in though lol

Guys I have made a decision. I will PERFECT on forums so if I get even ONE abuse, I know there is something wrong with the system

Alrighty, I’ll be making sure you don’t go over 220 lol
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,314 ★★★★★

I called someone a clown once and got a warning. Never been in jail like @ahmynuts . Not sure how many you need to get sent to jail.

It can be 0-3 warnings. It depends on what you did/said. In my case it was usually memes that went too far even if they were funny
  • tnair2015tnair2015 Member Posts: 126

_puy000_ said:

ahmynuts said:

_puy000_ said:

ahmynuts said:

Those are rookie numbers
    Dagum, what happens when you have that many?
    Nothing tbh lol
    Wth do u mean nothing u were in forums jail lmao
    Is that a real thing lol?
    Yep, you get a jailbar across ur pfp and everything lol
    we need something similar ingame for cheaters and ToS violations as well like other games, lol
    ahmynuts said:

It can be 0-3 warnings. It depends on what you did/said. In my case it was usually memes that went too far even if they were funny
    Do you only find out what you did /said once you're in jail?
    tnair2015 said:

_puy000_ said:

ahmynuts said:

_puy000_ said:

ahmynuts said:

Those are rookie numbers
    Nothing tbh lol
    we need something similar ingame for cheaters and ToS violations as well like other games, lol
    I think they should just be banned for a little while.
  • tnair2015tnair2015 Member Posts: 126
    _puy000_ said:

tnair2015 said:

_puy000_ said:

ahmynuts said:

_puy000_ said:

ahmynuts said:

Those are rookie numbers
    Nothing tbh lol
    I think they should just be banned for a little while.
    yes, and once they are unbanned, that pfp will stay forever as a symbol of shame and warn others
    edited October 4
    _puy000_ said:

ahmynuts said:

I got a message from Kabam Lyra when I got jailed. They sent the violation and a screenshot of the post that violated that rule. But I also got the same thing from Kabam Miike once without jail. So you will only know why you got the abuse if you got a warning, but you won't necessarily go to jail just because you got the warning.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Member Posts: 3,268 ★★★★★
    the abuse and spam were reactions to posts like Insightful and Like. They're user reactions. I don't think they're even active any more. I can't see them on here and I don't even see them on my profile. The mods warnings for behaviour are unrelated. I've been given warnings in the past, including for one post where I noted the fact of things being bugged and not working properly in the first few days of new content going live and people whining. Jax apparently didn't appreciate me saying as much. I also got a warning years back for saying one of the things I loved about the game is how salty the fans are, sarcastically.
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,160 ★★★★★
    edited October 4
    Man it's been a while since we've seen someone being in forum jail?
    Miike was notorious to put anyone in there 💀
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,306 ★★★★★

YOOOOOOOOOOO WHY DO I HAVE SO MUCH ABUSE

I thought you only got disagrees

the abuse and spam were reactions to posts like Insightful and Like. They're user reactions. I don't think they're even active any more. I can't see them on here and I don't even see them on my profile. The mods warnings for behaviour are unrelated. I've been given warnings in the past, including for one post where I noted the fact of things being bugged and not working properly in the first few days of new content going live and people whining. Jax apparently didn't appreciate me saying as much. I also got a warning years back for saying one of the things I loved about the game is how salty the fans are, sarcastically.

Abuse and spam are still active, just only on the mod side. You can go look at some of the recent accounts that have joined the forums and see spam and abuse numbers going up as Kabam deletes some of their posts because they don't have proper forums etiquette.
    ahmynuts said:

_puy000_ said:

ahmynuts said:

Those are rookie numbers
    Nothing tbh lol
    Bro you were in and out of jail like 5 times. Remember when you got to jail for posting something about kabam devs in meme page? Those were times.

Nowadays you became too soft. Not the nuts I used to know.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,832 ★★★★★
    PT_99 said:

You don't just get "put in there". What is with you and just blatantly putting out ridiculous comments? There's a warning system. After the 3rd warning, you get jailed.

The MODs are the only thing separating these forums to places like Reddit or Global chat.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,314 ★★★★★
    _puy000_ said:

ahmynuts said:

You'll get a warning from a mod and it'll have the message you're being warned for. In the days of Jax and miike they'd usually have some kind of response or youd ve able to converse with them in the dms.
    I've gotten some like "while this was funny I'm sure you understand why I needed to take this down"
    "Taking this down because it was inappropriate"
    "Don't post memes that would imply a direct insult to someone"
    Amongst others.

PT_99 said:

You don't just get "put in there". What is with you and just blatantly putting out ridiculous comments? There's a warning system. After the 3rd warning, you get jailed.

The MODs are the only thing separating these forums to places like Reddit or Global chat.
    1.5k abuses as I predicted
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,234 ★★★★★
    Pretty sure over half of my abuse points are from dad jokes. Not ones that are offensive or target someone, just regular ol’ dad jokes.
    If that’s how you get abuse, how do you get spam? I’m guessing if you post something similar multiple times or something like that the mods will report you and put you in jail? Has anyone been in jail for spam?
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,234 ★★★★★
    _puy000_ said:

If that’s how you get abuse, how do you get spam? I’m guessing if you post something similar multiple times or something like that the mods will report you and put you in jail? Has anyone been in jail for spam?

I have absolutely no idea lol. I just checked my profile one day and saw I had spam points. Not sure how because I can only recall one time where I accidentally double posted but then I edited and corrected the double post🤷
  • Dirty_DozzDirty_Dozz Member Posts: 463 ★★★
    Hmm, I just checked, and I have 5. Which is crazy, because I barely respond directly to people on here, and the majority of my points are questions about the game, so I have no idea how I would've got those.

PT_99 said:

1.5k abuses as I predicted
    Those are from when the forums used to have Abuse and Spam reactions. They removed them and added the disagree button. Just like how people abuse the disagree button, they abused the Abuse and Spam ones as well.

I don't care about those stats at all. They mean nothing as they are easily manipulated.
    _puy000_ said:

Technically, you can't get Spam or Abuse reactions anymore. In the past, they were reaction buttons for comments but they removed both of them and put in the disagree button.
    _puy000_ said:

Spam is usually a combination of (or an absurd amount of) posts in general and posts that don't pertain to the conversation at hand. If the post is about raids and all you're talking about is BGs, then you're posting spam. If you have one continuous thought but you post it across 5 comments in quick succession instead of one, that's spam.

_puy000_ said:

Spam is usually a combination of (or an absurd amount of) posts in general and posts that don't pertain to the conversation at hand. If the post is about raids and all you're talking about is BGs, then you're posting spam. If you have one continuous thought but you post it across 5 comments in quick succession instead of one, that's spam.
    We were talking about bgs in one of my discussions and the next thing I know were singing Radiohead and worlds smallest violin lol