**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Act 4. Way too long??

2»

Comments

• Options
    AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    To the OP, remember you catch more flies with honey. I'm sure a mod or developer reading this post will think to themselves "Hey this guy is being belligerent by demanding a reduction in energy costs for Act 4 and is being rude to other posters. Lets give him what he wants!"....NOT!

I've been playing this game for 15 months and I am yet to complete Act 4 100%. And that doesn't bother me much because I have no immediate need for the rewards gained from it, and there are so many other areas of the game to focus on like Act 5. You can't be petty and not be considerate of those who went through the whole grind and stumped up the units to buy countless energy refills to do it. Seeing a permanent energy reduction will make them understandably upset, although I would personally love an energy reduction to complete it 100%.

There was a temporary energy reduction some months ago to 2 energy/tile, so Kabam may introduce this again in the future. In the meantime, put your head down and grind Act 4 as many did before, as the rewards are more than worth the time (and units) spent.
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    The biggest case for a permanent energy cost reduction would be the fact that the amount of quests available is significantly higher than it has been in the past. Between things like the monthly event, special events (boss rush, goldblum challenge, etc), Halls of Healing, Gold quests, daily catalyst quests, and the addition of Act 5, the demands on our energy have grown significantly since I started a year ago.

November and December were particularly bad. I probably spent close to 3k units on energy refills and I was barely completing the tip of the iceberg (and I'm essentially a free-to-play player, which equated to a metric $#!+ ton of arena grinding).

These complaints have been heard in the past. As Addyos says above, they had a temporary energy cost reduction when they were unveiling the Uncollected stuff. They removed the energy cost from the Modok quests, and it's probably why January is relatively light.

To be honest, I am happy that the January calendar of events is light. Just focus on the monthly quest, then hopefully bust out the last of Act 4 (currently at 49% complete of 4.4 to finish it out).
  • Options
    TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
    Do what most of us did: buy refills when they go on sale and block off time to just get it done.
  • Options
  • Options
    @Hubris_hater I don't disagree with your post, but there is a balance of how much additional content is added. Yes, they need to create events to keep players interested, but there is also a point where you get too much to do and it forces players to pay to play. Once the game gets to that point, the casual players drop like flies.

I saw the extreme example of this with Game of War. It started as a completely free to play game and when I finally quit 2 years later, people in my ally were paying $200-$300 a month just to "keep up". The casual players were all gone and new players would quit within days when they saw how far behind they were and what it took to catch up.

BTW, I didn't flag you.
  • Options
    GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    No one forces you to do all the content in the game. Everyone that has previously had to do act 4 had to do it with worse champs vs more difficult champs. Stop asking for handouts, make a sacrifice.
  • Options
    xananabananaxananabanana Posts: 495
    Initially felt it was long but it actually isn't too bad as I fully explored Act 4 over 3 days during the gifting event while exchanging refills with alliance mates.
  • Options
    XFA_RebootedXFA_Rebooted Posts: 1,048 ★★★
    I’ve been playing the game for a while now, and the length of act 4 is quite frankly ridiculous. I am able to clear parts of act 5, I’m almost uncollected and I still haven’t been able to 100% act 4. Why? Because it is ridiculously long. Clearly just a money grab at units and to be honest it’s disgusting. It’s not about skill but energy. Really?? Energy?? Common kabam. At least 2 routes should be taken off each sub-chapter in act 4.4 at least. Sort it out Mike.

Well what do you think they are going to do? Make the quests shorter? That would be unfair to us who have gone 100% already with money or not. At the time act 4 came out it was meant to be a challenge. Hard fights, long and sustained quests. Not so sure you were here when act 4 wasn't even a thing.
  • Options
    Nothing is free in this world, Either spend more time on pay more bucks.
    kabam made a fabulous addictive game, So playing in free is good and allies help to gain extra energy.
  • Options
    OzeditheboiOzeditheboi Posts: 20
    Addyos wrote: »
    To the OP, remember you catch more flies with honey. I'm sure a mod or developer reading this post will think to themselves "Hey this guy is being belligerent by demanding a reduction in energy costs for Act 4 and is being rude to other posters. Lets give him what he wants!"....NOT!

I've been playing this game for 15 months and I am yet to complete Act 4 100%. And that doesn't bother me much because I have no immediate need for the rewards gained from it, and there are so many other areas of the game to focus on like Act 5. You can't be petty and not be considerate of those who went through the whole grind and stumped up the units to buy countless energy refills to do it. Seeing a permanent energy reduction will make them understandably upset, although I would personally love an energy reduction to complete it 100%.

There was a temporary energy reduction some months ago to 2 energy/tile, so Kabam may introduce this again in the future. In the meantime, put your head down and grind Act 4 as many did before, as the rewards are more than worth the time (and units) spent.

I’m about 90% done and will be done before kabam even have enough time to do anything. Shoot I’ll probably be done by next week. It’s really not about me. But the annoyance I have is from the fact that it’s just ridiculous how long it takes and whilst some others would be frustrated I don’t think anyone deserves to go through the torture that is act 4. Because it’s not hard. If it was hard then it would be exciting to beat it, now it’s literally just long
  • Options
    SgtSlaughter78SgtSlaughter78 Posts: 463 ★★★
    Plenty more issues with the game that should be looked at. This isn’t one of them.

If you don’t want to do it, don’t do it. If you want the rewards, grind like everyone else.

Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right.

(C) Boss Baby
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I’ve been playing the game for a while now, and the length of act 4 is quite frankly ridiculous. I am able to clear parts of act 5, I’m almost uncollected and I still haven’t been able to 100% act 4. Why? Because it is ridiculously long. Clearly just a money grab at units and to be honest it’s disgusting. It’s not about skill but energy. Really?? Energy?? Common kabam. At least 2 routes should be taken off each sub-chapter in act 4.4 at least. Sort it out Mike.

Well what do you think they are going to do? Make the quests shorter? That would be unfair to us who have gone 100% already with money or not. At the time act 4 came out it was meant to be a challenge. Hard fights, long and sustained quests. Not so sure you were here when act 4 wasn't even a thing.

I've been here since about 6 months after the game came out, and quite frankly the game has gotten so boring so many times that I've taken several breaks in between 2014 and now. For example I took a break at the beginning of last year after I finally finished act 4 (I didn't even attempt it cuz of how long it was even though I had the Champions). Isn't the point of a game to be fun? Now I've finished it 100% and I still think the energy should be brought down because laying act 4 is no fun whatsoever.

• Options
    Addyos said:

Huh would you look at that, I guess they did say "Hey this guy is being belligerent by demanding a reduction in energy costs for Act 4 and is being rude to other posters. Lets give him what he wants!" lol!
  • Options
    BriceMiesterBriceMiester Posts: 278

Yes, it is some strange logic to expect that act4 is supposed to cost less energy than act5, just because act 3 costs less than act 4, and act 2 costs less than act 3. It is designed the way it is designed and people have already dropped x energy at it and spent x amount of time to aquire these mastery points and now you expect to aquire the same reward paying less energy and sparing less time. Stop being riddiculous

Comparison is the Killer of Progression in this case, perhaps we should go back to horse and carriage cause god forbid we do things easier than those before us, while were at it maybe turn off the heat and put a firepit in your living room lol
  • Options
    DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★

Yes, it is some strange logic to expect that act4 is supposed to cost less energy than act5, just because act 3 costs less than act 4, and act 2 costs less than act 3. It is designed the way it is designed and people have already dropped x energy at it and spent x amount of time to aquire these mastery points and now you expect to aquire the same reward paying less energy and sparing less time. Stop being riddiculous

Comparison is the Killer of Progression in this case, perhaps we should go back to horse and carriage cause god forbid we do things easier than those before us, while were at it maybe turn off the heat and put a firepit in your living room lol
    The metaphore with horse and carriage does not translate into this particular scenario very well, because cars make it easier for everyone, while making act4 easier makes it only easier for those who haven't completed it yet. I had to put that effort to 100% act4 to get these mastery points, and now someone else is supposed to have it easier? Why?
  • Options
    Blue_Eyed_ThingBlue_Eyed_Thing Posts: 128

They already dropped the energy costs... What more do you want bro?
  • Options
    Parodical_Sun1Parodical_Sun1 Posts: 143
    I agree Act 4 was extremely long to 100% exploration it for the bare minimum of the rewards output just like Road To Labyrinth rewards are outdated. It is bigger rewards keep the player and the game interesting.