Leaving the game after (nearly) 10 years

2»

Comments

• Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,426 ★★★★★
    Ceti_Eel said:

Buttehrs said:

Wait, so after almost 10 years, you claim new champs as the biggest reason for leaving? Then you obviously haven't played all of those 10 years because new champs being "difficult " isn't a new thing at all. And neither is them being a mediocre attack style champ. Matter of fact, it's a monthly thing where people have issues fighting them.

He has a point here - sure new champs are often hard to fight until you figure them out , but in the last year or so they’ve released multiple champs that are ridiculously overpowered defenders. That only have one or two counters in the entire game.
    Other than serpent every new defender has like 15 counters at least so no
  • altavistaaltavista Member Posts: 1,435 ★★★★
    Good for you on choosing to leave if you don't find it fun anymore. We all play the games for different reasons, so don't let people project why they play onto you. Seems like a bunch of posters can't quit this game even though they don't think its fun anymore.

Similar to your reasoning, I had quit a few years ago because the 'New Champion chase' didn't interest me. I returned a year or so later (I think I heard a fav character of mine was added to the game or something). There was a brief lull this year where I wasn't interested in the consecutive months of champions they released, and considered pausing again, but I heard the Spiral was just on the otherside of the tunnel and that kept me going.

On the bright side, you got ~10 years of fun out of a video game. And a mobile video game at that. Although FOMO is doing some of the work there, thats a pretty long time to maintain your interest.
  • GooganGoogan Member Posts: 381 ★★
    You'll be back.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 5,024 ★★★★★
    Congrats. Hope I can follow.
  • Ceti_EelCeti_Eel Member Posts: 103
    Emilia90 said:

Ceti_Eel said:

Buttehrs said:

Wait, so after almost 10 years, you claim new champs as the biggest reason for leaving? Then you obviously haven't played all of those 10 years because new champs being "difficult " isn't a new thing at all. And neither is them being a mediocre attack style champ. Matter of fact, it's a monthly thing where people have issues fighting them.

He has a point here - sure new champs are often hard to fight until you figure them out , but in the last year or so they’ve released multiple champs that are ridiculously overpowered defenders. That only have one or two counters in the entire game.
    Other than serpent every new defender has like 15 counters at least so no
    Yeah I’m gonna call BS on this against a 7r3