**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

LAG, constant performance issues

Dear Kabam, i don't really understand the following situation. As there are a lots of forums threads about lag and performance issues on the here for a long time now, and you guy acknowledged you are aware of it, still we are not really seeing any resolution so far, rather making the things worse.

On the other hand what we are seeing is more and more particles, smoke, special effects, more flames....etc more and more stuff which consumes more resources and makes the game even more slow and lag more.
I just fought Dormammu in AQ where the fps wasn't even reached the 10-15 fps, as it froze.... and the next thing i saw if Dormammu hitting me 5 times in a sec and i was dead... even though i was holding block... it was unplayable and i had no chance to do anything in that fight.

My point is, if you guys know that there are performance issues in the game, why are you adding more and more of these special effects into the game to create more and more problems??
I understand that its a premium game and it has to look awesome but it should not compromise the speed and the overall gameplay where the proper reaction time is such a key factor.
Logically i would rather tone down the graphics a bit to get some time to solve the performance and lag issues then slowly build it up to see what the system can handle without sacrificing the proper speed.

(ps.: i am playing on an iPhone 6 - latest OS - with a freshly changed battery - so its not the device which is causing the problem)

Comments

• Options
    lipzollipzol Posts: 19
    An iPhone 6 is classed as an "old" device mate. Even by Apple themselves, and they have admitted to slowing down all their devices over 14 months old, Google it. So, not totally Kabams fault (if at all) in your case. Games have to look the best and keep looking the best or people move to the next game. Sad, but a fact of life. I was playing on a 5 year old Nexus 7 until this week (too many bills to get a new one!) This week got a new device, just a basic model, but new. Guess what, no lag at all in the game

Im afraid 12 months and a device is classed as not worth supporting in this day and age

But, I think Kabam may be able to add a graphics settings that could help. Im no teccy, so dont know, plus Android has so many devices and OS systems that this may not be possible. I played this game on a 2-year-old Samsung recently. As it wasnt supported any more by this game, it had much-reduced graphics. Was faster, but the game was no fun at all as the graphics were so so bad, like a different game

It could be classed as an old device, but i know what should now about the slowing of devices. Thats why i highlighted that it has a new battery, so the OS should not slowing the device down, as the battery overall state isnt making it necessary as its brand new. (I am a bit more tech-minded and working in the same industry.)
    I do understand all what you are saying and i am not even argue most of them, my issue is just why are you making a situation worse and worse instead of putting at least an alternate solution into place?
  • Options
    Twittwit wrote: »
    iPad Air 2 and iPad Pro not classed as old game very laggy download speed 79mbps upload 22mbps been posting in forums Kabam keeps removing so they are definitely aware plus game freezes block parry timing well off many players like myself are fed up asking for a fix it’s getting worse kabam definitely needs to fix this

How can they fix it when it is Apple slowing those devices down mate? The older ones?

UPDATE: Apple classes both that you list as old mate, not me, Apple themselves. Anything older than 14 months (18 months max) is old according to them and has been slowed down

I dont want to mix the two things here. I get what you are saying and yes you have all the rights to tell your opinion, i just think we are not exactly talking about the same thing anymore. The age of the device is one thing, it can be old but thats not necessarily the problem

This slowing down of old devices comes from the fact that lot of iphones - 6, 6s, rare case 7 too - were reacting badly when their battery got old and got many cycles. They are started to randomly turn off etc. So what they did is in the new software update they are tuning down the performance if the OS sees the battery is old and used. So the battery wont be used as much as it wont let the system to gets to its limits - so if your battery is old then the OS will lower the performance of the device in order to keep it alive, have a bit more stand by time. This I think is a separate factor.

My point is rather why the game is getting more and more resource heavy instead of optimized first?
    Also this lag and slowness issue is not constant for me, there are periods where its fine and enjoyable, but then comes a period where the fps level not even reaching the bare minimum.
  • Options
    lipzol wrote: »
    An iPhone 6 is classed as an "old" device mate. Even by Apple themselves, and they have admitted to slowing down all their devices over 14 months old, Google it. So, not totally Kabams fault (if at all) in your case. Games have to look the best and keep looking the best or people move to the next game. Sad, but a fact of life. I was playing on a 5 year old Nexus 7 until this week (too many bills to get a new one!) This week got a new device, just a basic model, but new. Guess what, no lag at all in the game

Im afraid 12 months and a device is classed as not worth supporting in this day and age

But, I think Kabam may be able to add a graphics settings that could help. Im no teccy, so dont know, plus Android has so many devices and OS systems that this may not be possible. I played this game on a 2-year-old Samsung recently. As it wasnt supported any more by this game, it had much-reduced graphics. Was faster, but the game was no fun at all as the graphics were so so bad, like a different game

It could be classed as an old device, but i know what should now about the slowing of devices. Thats why i highlighted that it has a new battery, so the OS should not slowing the device down, as the battery overall state isnt making it necessary as its brand new. (I am a bit more tech-minded and working in the same industry.)
    I do understand all what you are saying and i am not even argue most of them, my issue is just why are you making a situation worse and worse instead of putting at least an alternate solution into place?

err, I did? Read it again, asked for a lower graphics setting, but said this may not be possible, or worth the resources for them to do this

I also tried to help by saying that if you had this, you may not actually like the game as much

Plus, surely im allowed to post my opinion on here as well as you are?

PS Did Apple fix the new battery for you, quite important if they didn't?

my apologizes, i ment to say, they - as Kabam - not you. Sorry.
  • Options
    Vossler77Vossler77 Posts: 683 ★★
    edited January 2018
    iPad Air 2 and iPad Pro not classed as old game very laggy download speed 79mbps upload 22mbps been posting in forums Kabam keeps removing so they are definitely aware plus game freezes block parry timing well off many players like myself are fed up asking for a fix it’s getting worse kabam definitely needs to fix this

How can they fix it when it is Apple slowing those devices down mate? The older ones?

UPDATE: Apple classes both that you list as old mate, not me, Apple themselves. Anything older than 14 months (18 months max) is old according to them and has been slowed down

Dude quit the old device ****. It as nothing to do with the way the game mechanics work. Im using and Iphone 5s without the new os and it performs really well. If you're pressing block and its not registering where does it say its cuz of your devices. I also have a iphone X and it does the same thing. Wifi or data. Btw there not slowing down the devices. They're conserving energy for your battery to work as intented longer.
    You believe what you wanna believe....carry on
  • Options
    Hubris,you are very smart again.too smart,to be true....
  • Options
    The game is horrible on brand new devices as well.do you know what you are talking about?i think you are just bored.you came here,to troll and destroy this post as well.the problems and issues are real,not fake,like you.
  • Options
    I play the game on an iphone7,which is not an old device yet.every games are running perfectly on it,i have tested properly.except this.this game is a big mess,that is the problem,not the apple "slowing down" theory,or not theory,whatever.
  • Options
    TheBlet wrote: »
    I’ve asked for kabam to give an option to disable background animations on multiple occasions without even an acknowledgment. I have many other games that work fine on iphone6. The developers are supposed to make sure the game works, not us.

Just like you i rather sacrifice some of the quality of the graphics just to make sure the important fights, like the boss fights are seamless
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,571 ★★★★★
    MikeHock wrote: »

Lag is an issue across many mobile platforms.

Some people say that @MikeHock, but I was replying to the OP who is on Apple

I'm on IOS devices also and the lagging and freeze frame issues I have now are same issues that have been in the game for about 2 years. Even when my devices were new, I encountered the same issues I deal with today.
  • Options
    Gladiator09Gladiator09 Posts: 287 ★★
    @Hubris_hater the issue of lags, dexterity, blocking and parrying are with all the devices doesn’t matter Apple or android.

The thread is here to contribute if you’ve any issues with the gameplay rather having device discussions.

Even if this was a particular device, it’s kabams responsibility to make sure their game is compatible with all devices.
  • Options
    ImranAzharImranAzhar Posts: 34
    I realized on my iPhone the lagging starts when my phones heats up a bit. If i connect my phone to a power bank and play and maintain the power above 80 percent it should be fine. Not sure way.
  • Options
    I’m on an iphone 8 with all the latest updates so it’s not a device issue. Apart from the ridiculous lag, my champs just tweak out sometimes and do whatever they want. Try to block and they’ll just dart forward into an attack. Try to attack and they’ll dash backwards. So sick of this bs. Fix your **** kabam
  • Options
    I too am on iPhone 8, fully updated. I get the same issues with control plus the constant connection loss messages after every 5 minutes I’m on the game. I’ve had this issue since I got my iPhone 8. At first I thought it was a phone issue, but even my iPad is doing it.
    I still enjoy the game, so I hope it gets fixed, but there seems to be no effort in that area. It’s been close to three months now for me.
  • Options
    Jaguaraci_SilvaJaguaraci_Silva Posts: 151
    Since yesterday I have observed that juggernaut in all sections of the AQ path 1 is freezing the game. It's impossível to play because I cannot move and my block don't run well on time. The lag is worst when I am fighting against him.
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,428 ★★★★
    Just remember guys: kabam has no control over changes/updates to phone operating systems, and Apple/etc are not overly concerned about how companies keep their products functioning properly after upgrades (anyone who uses Adobe software suites know all about this); Extra bells and whistles don't help with lag but they do entice new users to try the game and spend money on beginner stuff which is largely unaffected by lag; and most importantly testing rarely occurs outside the comfy confines of a test server, not production where thousands of users performing tasks can slow the hell out of your device's call to the servers, slowing that final boss battle to 5 fps. It's no fun of course, but there's not much it seems the company is willing/able to do.
  • Options
    thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    edited January 2018
    ^ but that's why competent sw companies performance test their software on various OSes, particularly the latest ones. nice try though.
  • Options
    Gladiator09Gladiator09 Posts: 287 ★★
    Lags has been getting really annoying with broken block ...aq is getting frustrating..
This discussion has been closed.