**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What's the deal with these new trials

SmokinSurferSmokinSurfer Posts: 1,191 ★★★
The opponents are just sitting their blocking. We have to deal with this every day for a month? Who has the patience for this? Was that the strategy, give them Arc Overload and just make them block all fight, or is this unintended?

Comments

• dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    edited January 2018
    I see I'm not the only one that noticed this.

I don't know if everyone fights the same three, but my 2nd was Wolvie, and yeah, between his base regen, arc overload, and the +regen node, the fact he wouldn't bait and just stood there made for some real excitement of watching his life go up.

(That was the only fight I didn't use Ghost Rider, instead using my Red Hulk so I could try out his changes. 1st and 3rd fight were ROFLstomps when I used his SP1 and SP3 to fate seal the regens, and just melted them.)
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    What difficulty were you trying?
    It isn't the healing, it's the fact they weren't baiting, so unless you just used a power control champ, you had to stop attacking at some point, which let the arc overload to go off.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    That sounds annoying I am just gonna focus on the event quest.
  • chaos3430chaos3430 Posts: 126
    Mine were pretty aggressive, in fact i didn't have to bait SIM at all, he tried SP1 every time he got one bar. Might be different strategies each time.
  • Vossler77Vossler77 Posts: 683 ★★
    Meh just did it with a 3* SL maxed. Piece of cake.
  • I don't even see the trials where are they located??
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited February 2018
    I didn’t have this problem but I was using void so I wouldn’t care if I did. I was getting them to dash at me quite a bit on the hardest difficulty
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    I used SW to Nullify and Guillotine to reverse healing. 3* of either version would work fine. Guilly was really fun, took them down quickly!
  • juST4fUNjuST4fUN Posts: 172
    i faced the same thing with ultron , he just stands there blocking, regen+ arc overload kicks in and he is back to 100% immediately
  • godsquad891godsquad891 Posts: 779 ★★
    I used a 5/50 hyperion unduped 5/50 iceman and 5/50 SL and out damaged the regain one shot with each.
  • Ashesudeeni1Ashesudeeni1 Posts: 49
    I don't even see the trials where are they located??

install the new update
  • DAVIDTHDAVIDTH Posts: 224
    I had to face Ultron, Iron Patriot, and OG Deadpool. OG Deadpool took about 45 minutes total because I used 3 champs against him
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Unless you have a stacked roster, you really need to plan before entering these quests.
  • WhatRYouWhatRYou Posts: 443 ★★
    chaos3430 wrote: »
    Mine were pretty aggressive, in fact i didn't have to bait SIM at all, he tried SP1 every time he got one bar. Might be different strategies each time.

I experienced the same thing!! I did 0 baiting...go figure!
  • WhatRYouWhatRYou Posts: 443 ★★
    Unless you have a stacked roster, you really need to plan before entering these quests.

Agreed!
    The information isn't hidden, just have to read, adjust and breeze through it!
    Oh, they eventually did bait. I managed to take out Wolvie with my Red Hulk just fine, even if he wasn't the most efficient champ to take for him.

But there was a distinct reluctance to use their specials, which means stopping attacking, doing the bait dance, for far longer than I would expect on the expert difficulty.
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    I tested out my new 6 star Iron Fist against the arc overload defenders, worked just fine.
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    edited February 2018
    @KhanMedina I guess you misread my post. The deal is... The enemy is just standing there, not baiting, just blocking. Was I more clear that time. That's the deal, not my lack of heal block.

And I was on the highest difficulty. I am surprised to see some of you not having the issue because it was very blatant on my end.

I got what you were saying but was busting chops. You just have to land your heal blocks so when they just stand there waiting for Arc Overload then at least they won't actually heal. If they really just stand there blocking, use a heavy attack? I used Quake so if they want to block that's just more stacks for me. The concussions messed up their heal triggers. I beat KG like that and he's supposed to be one of the hardest ones.
  • Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    The trials are an add on quest, if you don't like them, ignore them but the rewards are worth it plus there's only 3 fights
  • Kil63Kil63 Posts: 254 ★★
    sounds like Punisher 2099 would have a field day in here then