**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Luke Cage Update indestructible doesnt work when Magik fires sp3

Just tested the new Luke cage. When magik fired special attack 3, he didnt become indestructible but was killed immediately. Magik had the limbo buff when she fired sp3.
Is that normal?

Comments

• Brew_SwayneBrew_Swayne Posts: 500 ★★
    Wonder if the buff activates but is then immediately nullified by her S3 and increases her damage output... since that's kinda what it does.

You'd think it would withstand it though.
  • Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    doesn't Magik nullify all opponent buffs with her sp3?
  • Yes but Luke cage didnt have the buff before magik’s sp3
    Alpha07 wrote: »
    doesn't Magik nullify all opponent buffs with her sp3?

It does, but technically the buff wouldn't be active going into the S3 (assuming you haven't been hit yet).

If it's an indestructible buff that was re-activated during the fight, then I think this makes sense.
  • Normally the indestructible buff triggers after a hit. And he wasnt hit before magik’s sp3
    edited January 2018
    Chinalord wrote: »
    Normally the indestructible buff triggers after a hit. And he wasnt hit before magik’s sp3

Yeah, that seems not quite right. So her S3 is basically activating and then nullifying the buff all at once. Maybe just an oversight from the development team. Or maybe she's always functioned that way. I rarely use her S3 so I really don't get a first hand look at it very often.

Wonder if she performed like that before?
    We just need to round up all the players who have used LC to take on Magik in the past to find out of that's always been the case. Shouldn't be very hard. He's always been very popular. Lol
  • Jestress wrote: »
    Try using Magik Sp3 vs War Machine in the Michael B. Jordan challenge. You're welcome.

as mentioned before in my comment; luke didnt have indestructible buff before magiks sp3.
  • Stark78AlfaStark78Alfa Posts: 502
    Chinalord wrote: »
    Normally the indestructible buff triggers after a hit. And he wasnt hit before magik’s sp3

Yeah, that seems not quite right. So her S3 is basically activating and then nullifying the buff all at once. Maybe just an oversight from the development team. Or maybe she's always functioned that way. I rarely use her S3 so I really don't get a first hand look at it very often.

Wonder if she performed like that before?

Yeah, that's how it works. I've noticed it since the Ragnarok Event and I used Magik' SP3 against Hela and Hela's indestructible buff was nullified by Magik. I guess it works exactly like her power lock, that triggers twice.
  • @Kabam Miike can you look into this issue?
  • NinjAlanNinjAlan Posts: 358 ★★★
    Ice armor still only takes 5% of iceman's total health from majik sp3, not sure if that's an applicable comparison though
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited February 2018
    That’s how magiks sp3 works. She can nullify helas industrucible as well if you activate the sp3 before she gets to 1 health. This isn’t anything new. No one mentioned it when it worked in our favor for that event quest with hela. That’s how I took out hela each fight to save time
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    You can’t compare different buffs such as ice armor to indestructible. Maybe it’s like the whole antman thing where one ability trumps another such as how Antmans glancing trumps offensive ability reduction from black widow