**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Archangel useless against Mephisto

How is it that Archangels ability is to decrease ability accuracy by 25% with every bleed debuff but mephisto can still activate Aura of Incineration wen stacked with 7-8 Bleeds? Can anyone explain?

Comments

• Options
    JDunk2291JDunk2291 Posts: 464 ★★
    Thats BS..This should be nerfed...or at least dulled a bit so u there's a way to counter it or even make it so his ability CAN be reduced. SO MUCH GUARANTEED DAMAGE...Gotta Stay clear until it Runs out but at the same time...ur fighting in alliance war..so theres a time limit...Its BS
  • Options
    GreenstrokeGreenstroke Posts: 291
    JDunk2291 wrote: »
    How is it that Archangels ability is to decrease ability accuracy by 25% with every bleed debuff but mephisto can still activate Aura of Incineration wen stacked with 7-8 Bleeds? Can anyone explain?

You clearly havent read that right, he reduces tenacity/shrug off ability triggers by flat 25% with each stack of bleed.
    Neurotoxins are the only thing that can shut down all abilities and even stun an unstunnable opponent once they expire but since Mephisto is immune to poison, so you wont be getting any neuros on him
  • Options
    CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    I agree to a point but there are counters now.

Iceman
    Blade and now after the update
    red hulk with several heat charges.
    Maybe more.
  • Options
    gahrlinggahrling Posts: 199
    See, the only problem here is your reading comprehension.

Look at AA's sig. It clearly states that ability reduction only occurs during Neurotoxin. Something Meph is immune to because he can't be poisoned.
  • Options
    GreenstrokeGreenstroke Posts: 291
    edited February 2018
    Cuteshelf wrote: »
    Mephistos abilities can’t be reduced.. its in his sig or passives or something... not sure how blade trumps it.

Cant be reduces with passive ones, like BW and CB, but opponenet who inflict concussion can by pass Mephistos aura and regen, like Quake, Gambit and Cable. And as for Blade his danger sence bypasses enemies immunities like immunity to ability accuracy reduction
  • Options
    JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    gahrling wrote: »

Look at AA's sig. It clearly states that ability reduction only occurs during Neurotoxin. Something Meph is immune to because he can't be poisoned.

How about Eff You...I CLEARLY misread it jackass...dont try to make me look dumb on here to make urself seem cool. I Posted this to get an explanation and i got it...No need for all of that..A$$hole

Say the person effing an blinding, good job making yourself not sound dumb
  • Options
    JDunk2291JDunk2291 Posts: 464 ★★
    Jaffacaked wrote: »

Say the person effing an blinding, good job making yourself not sound dumb
    Kick rocks Rudy
  • Options
    BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    phqh9flybfmp.jpg
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Also, AA reduces ability accuracy with neurotoxins. You can’t place those on mephisto because he’s poison immune
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★

How about Eff You...I CLEARLY misread it jackass...dont try to make me look dumb on here to make urself seem cool. I Posted this to get an explanation and i got it...No need for all of that..A$$hole

You did a great job of making yourself look dumb with the post to begin with. No need to get upset with others pointing out your lack of attention to details.
  • Options
    Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Pretty sure if you use l3 you can but only like 1 at a time then
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    Also, AA reduces ability accuracy with neurotoxins. You can’t place those on mephisto because he’s poison immune

• Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited February 2018
    Void is also great on him since he’s incinerate immune, has class advantage, and can reverse healing
  • Options
    StarDarts_89StarDarts_89 Posts: 419 ★★
    Thats BS..This should be nerfed...or at least dulled a bit so u there's a way to counter it or even make it so his ability CAN be reduced. SO MUCH GUARANTEED DAMAGE...Gotta Stay clear until it Runs out but at the same time...ur fighting in alliance war..so theres a time limit...Its BS

1st of all, AA's bleeds only reduce Tenacity Abilities, not all abilities. But, you got Iceman & Mephisto himself who are Incinerate Immune... as well Blade who's Regeneration can easily overpower the damage taken, as well his insane damage output with Danger Sense. You also have Red Hulk who can be immune to Incinerate, depending on the amount of Heat Charges he has & his damage output destroys Mephisto. There is also Quake who can deal significant damage without contact at a safe distance. Last but not least, there's Magik, who can Limbo all damage taken back, if played correctly. There are lots of counters to Mephisto. Just need to keep you eyes open.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,367 ★★★★★

You clearly havent read that right, he reduces tenacity/shrug off ability triggers by flat 25% with each stack of bleed.
    Neurotoxins are the only thing that can shut down all abilities and even stun an unstunnable opponent once they expire but since Mephisto is immune to poison, so you wont be getting any neuros on him

You're absolutely right about neurotoxins. However, Tenacity is an ability unique to Agent Venom. Kingpin, Crossbones, King Groot... No-one else's ability description includes the word 'Tenacity', and AV is the only champion for whom the word 'Tenacity' appears when he shrugs something off.

I don't think there's any evidence that AA reduces anyone else's ability to 'shrug off' debuffs. I asked Kabam_Miike that question on Kingpin's spotlight, and never got an answer. So to me, until one of you guys proves otherwise, the available evidence says: This passive ability of Archangel's is a specific counter to Agent Venom.