Crystal Drop Rates

When is Kabam planning on letting us know the drop rates for crystals? If this poll is anywhere near accurate I need to know what “increased chance” means. o2lm61zcwuw2.png
«1

Comments

  • WhatRYouWhatRYou Posts: 443 ★★
    Hahahahah!!!
    Blade is right!!
  • colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    So What did we learn?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 9,824 ★★★★★
    edited February 2018
    Why do you people keep posting about this topic. THEY AREN'T GOING TO SHOW DROP RATES. If they were required to do so, they would have done so already. Why can't any of you understand this?????????
  • theshiznit05theshiznit05 Posts: 107
    edited February 2018
    So What did we learn?

    The house always wins. They need to do a study on the 5 star Blade crystal drop rate on the 22nd. I'm predicting a lot of phones will be tossed.
  • colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    So What did we learn?

    The house always wins. They need to do a study on the 5 star Blade crystal drop rate on the 22nd. I'm predicting a lot of phones will be tossed.

    I dont have enough shards for another try. But I totally agree.
  • WhatRYouWhatRYou Posts: 443 ★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Why do you people keep posting about this topic. THEY ARE GOING TO SHOW DROP RATES. If they were required to do so, they would have done so already. Why can't any of you understand this?????????

    Because something doesn't add up!! Search your feelings my friend!!! Something seems off!
    No information on this topic from Kabam other than, "We are trying to understand the new rules ourselves"
    Take your time Kabam, but understand that this doesn't give a good impression!!
    Im staying patient, but I also understand why our community is losing patience!!

  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    0.84% is an increase on 0.00%.
  • BigTimeBigTime Posts: 246 ★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Why do you people keep posting about this topic. THEY AREN'T GOING TO SHOW DROP RATES. If they were required to do so, they would have done so already. Why can't any of you understand this?????????

    So are they breaking the apple TOS where they're required to show %s for loot boxes(crystals)? They're supposed to be required to do so. I'm not sure if they're grandfathered in or if they are actively breaking the TOS. I don't think they've found a loophole.
  • Drewbe14Drewbe14 Posts: 122
    Why doesnt everyone just read and post in the already long and drawn out discussion of this instead of posting a new one all over again to have the same things and arguments said?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 9,824 ★★★★★
    @BigTime @Rickybobby1 have you read the documentation about the drop rates from Apple? Or are you just going off the rest of uninformed people on here? it states that randomized loot boxes bought with real money are subject to drop rates. Kabams crystals are clear about what you are going to get. You don't buy the crystals with money. You buy them with Units which is IN-GAME money. @Kabam Miike has stated several times on these types of posts that if they were in violation of any TOS, things would have changed. Therefore, as of right now, Kabam is not required to put the drop rates out there. Do the forum research. Read the TOS from Apple. Its also a GUIDELINE. GUIDELINES are a "you should do this" not a "you have to do this".
  • But you can buy units with money, so, it is, so need a drop rate ratio.
  • MattScottMattScott Posts: 587 ★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    @BigTime @Rickybobby1 have you read the documentation about the drop rates from Apple? Or are you just going off the rest of uninformed people on here? it states that randomized loot boxes bought with real money are subject to drop rates. Kabams crystals are clear about what you are going to get. You don't buy the crystals with money. You buy them with Units which is IN-GAME money. @Kabam Miike has stated several times on these types of posts that if they were in violation of any TOS, things would have changed. Therefore, as of right now, Kabam is not required to put the drop rates out there. Do the forum research. Read the TOS from Apple. Its also a GUIDELINE. GUIDELINES are a "you should do this" not a "you have to do this".

    They offered wakandan crystals for real money 🤔

  • BigTimeBigTime Posts: 246 ★★
    edited February 2018
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    @BigTime @Rickybobby1 have you read the documentation about the drop rates from Apple? Or are you just going off the rest of uninformed people on here? it states that randomized loot boxes bought with real money are subject to drop rates. Kabams crystals are clear about what you are going to get. You don't buy the crystals with money. You buy them with Units which is IN-GAME money. @Kabam Miike has stated several times on these types of posts that if they were in violation of any TOS, things would have changed. Therefore, as of right now, Kabam is not required to put the drop rates out there. Do the forum research. Read the TOS from Apple. Its also a GUIDELINE. GUIDELINES are a "you should do this" not a "you have to do this".

    I do appreciate your attempt to ask me if I'm stupid and uninformed with your post. Since you know, I would consider people evening being aware of how a TOS relates to in game requirements puts them far more informed than anyone else.

    So to actually answers you question, yes, I have. In fact I'll quote it for you, "Apps offering “loot boxes” or other mechanisms that provide randomized virtual items for purchase must disclose the odds of receiving each type of item to customers prior to purchase."

    To your argument of, you're not purchasing this with real money instead in game units. In game units is considered currency so that argument falls flat.

    Do this point:
    "Kabams crystals are clear about what you are going to get" That's completely and utterly not true. There are no %s attached to them so the odds could be horrendous and you'd have no idea.

    TLDR; You're wrong. They should be disclosing the odds. Apple hasn't commented on the enforcement or if apps are grandfathered in.
  • BigTimeBigTime Posts: 246 ★★
    One more follow up here, we're absolutely talking Gacha here. There's no question the strategy. Apple has the intent of stating "must" which implies enforcement coming. China and Japan are regulating the system, the US government is looking to do the same. We're in the the wild west here on these but absolutely expect % odds to be coming at some point.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gacha_game
  • WhatRYouWhatRYou Posts: 443 ★★
    BigTime wrote: »
    One more follow up here, we're absolutely talking Gacha here. There's no question the strategy. Apple has the intent of stating "must" which implies enforcement coming. China and Japan are regulating the system, the US government is looking to do the same. We're in the the wild west here on these but absolutely expect % odds to be coming at some point.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gacha_game

    Good read, thanks!!
  • AgentDoom9AgentDoom9 Posts: 162
    They do say “rare” chance lol
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 666 ★★★
    They somehow managed to comply with Apple's regs without revealing drop rates. It is a real shame that Apple's well intentioned attempts at consumer protection were not successful. I have no idea how Kabam could have possibly complied but they obviously have. They got an update approved without drop rates being revealed. Sad day for the players. In the meantime the data compiled buy the individual on Reddit is our best source of info. God bless Reddit
  • MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 332 ★★
    I don't understand why there is so much confusion.

    The purpose of "legal-ese" is obscure the facts.

    The difference between items purchased with real money versus items purchased with units are different.

    We can get units for no money by completing content, playing in arena and opening battle crystals for a rare chance at free units.

    Therefore, items purchased with units: SUPER DIFFERENT from items purchased with real money.

    As I see it, ANY crystal purchased with only cash (the Daily Special class specific crystal is one of the few examples I can think of where a champ crystal is paid for with only money) needs to have the drop rates published. The other unit purchased crystals will never have their drop rates published. The best place to find data on those items is reddit or other places that are starting to analyze mass openings outside of Kabam's control.

    Statistical analysis from an outside source is the only path to truth.
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 666 ★★★
    MMCskippy wrote: »
    I don't understand why there is so much confusion.

    The purpose of "legal-ese" is obscure the facts.

    The difference between items purchased with real money versus items purchased with units are different.

    We can get units for no money by completing content, playing in arena and opening battle crystals for a rare chance at free units.

    Therefore, items purchased with units: SUPER DIFFERENT from items purchased with real money.

    As I see it, ANY crystal purchased with only cash (the Daily Special class specific crystal is one of the few examples I can think of where a champ crystal is paid for with only money) needs to have the drop rates published. The other unit purchased crystals will never have their drop rates published. The best place to find data on those items is reddit or other places that are starting to analyze mass openings outside of Kabam's control.

    Statistical analysis from an outside source is the only path to truth.

    You are flat out wrong here. Future Fight has the same mechanics and they revealed it. Many have made this silly unit argument but it is incorrect. You still buy units and they had a straight cash crystal available in the store. Thus, Kabam found another way to comply but almost certainly not the way you are describing
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    News flash: getting a 5* is less likely than getting a 3* out of a grandmaster crystal.
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    MarzGroove wrote: »
    News flash: getting a 5* is less likely than getting a 3* out of a grandmaster crystal.

    OMG! Are you sure!
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    MarzGroove wrote: »
    MarzGroove wrote: »
    News flash: getting a 5* is less likely than getting a 3* out of a grandmaster crystal.

    OMG! Are you sure!

    Totally!
  • As I've said before on some other similar post.. The drop rates are garbage. Imagine they show the drop rates. You see that fat 0.000000000001% chance officially revealed. Are you gonna stop opening the crystals? Are they doing something illegal? Is there anyone who can make them increase the rates? I'm not defending Kabam but I'm just getting used to them having very low ethics. None of the **** they pull these days is in any way surprising.
Sign In or Register to comment.