**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Apple Now Requires Game Developers to disclose odds on "Loot Boxes" [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,682 ★★★★★
    To cheer myself up I figure every bad champ puts me closer to getting a good one and duping a bad champ gives resources to use when someone decent turns up.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    I maybe wrong here @DNA3000 but I’m saying I think I have every champ in the bad or meh tier, and the only champs I’m missing are the good to god tier,mephisto and Morningstar I put in the good tier because of their defense ability, I’m also missing rogue. I’m wondering if this is the norm for other people, im saying khamala khan finished my set of bad champs, you can probably see some gaps?
    There’s my roster at r3 or below mnx84ldvaydo.png
    32kjhrh8y8ge.png
    rv1wcb5q3a84.png
    fj7dc32ziubw.png
  • Off the top of my head, I don't see Hulkbuster in there.
  • MattScottMattScott Posts: 587 ★★
    That roster is really awful. Lol.
  • MattScott wrote: »
    That roster is really awful. Lol.

On the surface it looks lower than average, but it also seems to be biased towards older champions. That suggests to me this roster was built over a long time with a relatively low rate of 4* openings, with fewer shots at the more recent and more powerful champs. Ultron, X-23, and Elektra were all at one time at or near top tier status, but have been surpassed.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Has anyone else been seeing “1 new post by hubris hater” on this thread but then go on it and nothing is there? I mean, I guess he might have blocked me but I didn’t know that you could do that on the forum, thought there was only ignore user. And I haven’t ignored him either. Anyone? :D
    Ultron and elektra I have 5*, x23 not r5 as I have wolvie and archangel there, and am holding cats for iceman as I could do with him for some of the 5.4 content. I am specifically talking 4* as that’s the best test to keep this theory from being too complicated, Hbuster is at r4 (synergy with sparky)
    I’m probably in a good place to test this theory as I don’t buy featured crystals or compete for arena champs, I do grind a for 2-3m in featured and in the pool somewhere in basic, every arena, so nearly all of my pulls have been from phc or shard 4* crystals, which I get lots of. I went through the first 120 champs diagram, and I have them all except those 12 mentioned who I would put all in the top 40 champs in game, I always thought some champs were rarer, the amount of people in my alliance who pulled the long awaited god tiers soon after their 12.0 nerf hinted that to me (they had dropped their rarity possibly) that’s why I was actually surprised to see mikes comment that all champs have even odds in the crystals.
    Further to this conspiracy theory, before I posted in this chat, I started this as a seperate thread.....it was deleted in minutes. I had used cut and paste to save the comment so I posted in here
    Sounds like a glitch @BitterSteel, he’s not commenting that I can see, I’ve had some bugs in this chat format... figures, this is kabam
  • Has anyone else been seeing “1 new post by hubris hater” on this thread but then go on it and nothing is there? I mean, I guess he might have blocked me but I didn’t know that you could do that on the forum, thought there was only ignore user. And I haven’t ignored him either. Anyone? :D

I have had a couple of random notifications like that as well. It is not the first time these forums hiccoughed like that for me.
    Ah well. Who knows. Thanks regardless.
    0kdeklzzk77y.png

Well injustice is the newest game I’ve seen to publish drop rates. When will kabam? @Kabam Miike
    @Ad0ra_

Is there any update on this?
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    0kdeklzzk77y.png

Well injustice is the newest game I’ve seen to publish drop rates. When will kabam? @Kabam Miike
    @Ad0ra_

That even gives you a "per champ" rate for the featured. Impressive.
  • Vdh2008 wrote: »
    0kdeklzzk77y.png

@Ad0ra_

Wow I don’t think they will. If they do I wonder how different the game will be or what the backlash will be when they show 1% for a 4star in the premeuum. - please correct me on how to spell ^
  • chev327foxchev327fox Posts: 826 ★★
    Vdh2008 wrote: »
    0kdeklzzk77y.png

@Ad0ra_

Agreed that is really cool. I hope Kabam follows suit. The issue is they get away with telling you "guaranteed 2* hero"... that is all they really need to say I guess.

@Kabam Miike here’s what I don’t understand. WE THE PEOPLE. Who provide you with a job by giving you our money for your crystals are asking for the drop rates. We know they aren’t good to begin with, but knowing I have a .07% chance instead of a 1% chance might mean something to me. So even if you are adhearing to whatever rules Apple has pushed out (I don’t believe you are) why not just tell us. If we all stopped spending you would be in the unemployment line.

I would suggest if you feel strongly about it contact Apple and explain how you feel about it (if enough of the people who are really adamant about wanting to know do this they might pressure Kabam to do it).
  • Strange_happensStrange_happens Posts: 70
    edited February 2018
    I don’t care if they do or not but If they do I just wonder if the game will change and what changes Would happen 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Personally I don’t mind if they do or don’t. As in, I’m not going to hiss and cry and boo if they don’t. I believe they should, as per apples statement, and I think it would be very good. However, I just hate how we haven’t been given a definitive answer about it. We’re being held in some sort of limbo by kabam “oh we’ll give you an answer when we can, we’ll update you when we can”. Just tell us if it is or isn’t happening, or update us if you’re still in talks with Apple. Common courtesy.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,241 ★★★★★
    0kdeklzzk77y.png

@Ad0ra_

Those seem pretty consistent with what we know of the PHC, if we were to substitute the Rewards.
  • Katy_CandyKaty_Candy Posts: 175
    It will be after Blade featured if at all.
    “We are still working with Apple on this. We are not trying to get around it, but making this stuff visible in Game takes a lot more time than you might think. There's visual design time required, Engineering time, and lots of other stuff that goes on behind the scenes.

We'll let you all know when we have more information to share.“

Hmm so my takeaway from this is that eventually the drop rates will be posted in the game, the implication is that they are working on making the drop rates visible as opposed to that they are trying to discuss with Apple ways to not have to post them.

@Kabam Miike could you confirm that this is the case? Are we eventually going to see the drop rates? Is that what the team are currently working on? (Obviously alongside other projects)

This is correct. We're not looking for a workaround, nor did we ever try to look for a "way around this". We've been working on how we are going to make them visible in game. There is a lot of time and work involved in making this happen, including visual design, production time, engineering time, among other requirements.

Thank you for the response, I’m glad that this has been confirmed. This is really good for the playerbase. Now I need to work on my self control to say “I told you so” to everyone who said kabam wouldn’t announce drop rates :D
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    Thanks @Kabam Miike glad you shared this. Too bad your bosses did not allow you to update us with this definitive answer sooner.
  • Romario26 wrote: »
    “We are still working with Apple on this. We are not trying to get around it, but making this stuff visible in Game takes a lot more time than you might think. There's visual design time required, Engineering time, and lots of other stuff that goes on behind the scenes.

We'll let you all know when we have more information to share.“

Hmm so my takeaway from this is that eventually the drop rates will be posted in the game, the implication is that they are working on making the drop rates visible as opposed to that they are trying to discuss with Apple ways to not have to post them.

@Kabam Miike could you confirm that this is the case? Are we eventually going to see the drop rates? Is that what the team are currently working on? (Obviously alongside other projects)

This is correct. We're not looking for a workaround, nor did we ever try to look for a "way around this". We've been working on how we are going to make them visible in game. There is a lot of time and work involved in making this happen, including visual design, production time, engineering time, among other requirements.

Then could you post the rates in forums? Don’t really need visual designs, production time, engineering time or among other requirements

They have to do it anyway as it is required by Apple. They will be available soon enough it seems.