We are currently experiencing an issue causing a delay in delivery of Summoner Advancement, the Alliance Quest event, and other 3-Day X-Men use event. We are working to resolve this, but it will likely take a few days. We will ensure that these rewards are delivered to affected Alliances. Please do not change Alliances until your rewards are delivered.

Apple Now Requires Game Developers to disclose odds on "Loot Boxes" [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• chev327foxchev327fox Posts: 826 ★★
    Vdh2008 wrote: »
    0kdeklzzk77y.png

Well injustice is the newest game I’ve seen to publish drop rates. When will kabam? @Kabam Miike
    @Ad0ra_

Is there any update on this?

That even gives you a "per champ" rate for the featured. Impressive.

Agreed that is really cool. I hope Kabam follows suit. The issue is they get away with telling you "guaranteed 2* hero"... that is all they really need to say I guess.

@Kabam Miike here’s what I don’t understand. WE THE PEOPLE. Who provide you with a job by giving you our money for your crystals are asking for the drop rates. We know they aren’t good to begin with, but knowing I have a .07% chance instead of a 1% chance might mean something to me. So even if you are adhearing to whatever rules Apple has pushed out (I don’t believe you are) why not just tell us. If we all stopped spending you would be in the unemployment line.

I would suggest if you feel strongly about it contact Apple and explain how you feel about it (if enough of the people who are really adamant about wanting to know do this they might pressure Kabam to do it).
  • Strange_happensStrange_happens Posts: 70
    edited February 2018
    I don’t care if they do or not but If they do I just wonder if the game will change and what changes Would happen 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 2,926 ★★★★★
    Personally I don’t mind if they do or don’t. As in, I’m not going to hiss and cry and boo if they don’t. I believe they should, as per apples statement, and I think it would be very good. However, I just hate how we haven’t been given a definitive answer about it. We’re being held in some sort of limbo by kabam “oh we’ll give you an answer when we can, we’ll update you when we can”. Just tell us if it is or isn’t happening, or update us if you’re still in talks with Apple. Common courtesy.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 23,387 ★★★★★
    0kdeklzzk77y.png

Well injustice is the newest game I’ve seen to publish drop rates. When will kabam? @Kabam Miike
    @Ad0ra_

Is there any update on this?

Those seem pretty consistent with what we know of the PHC, if we were to substitute the Rewards.
  • Katy_CandyKaty_Candy Posts: 175
    It will be after Blade featured if at all.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 2,926 ★★★★★
    “We are still working with Apple on this. We are not trying to get around it, but making this stuff visible in Game takes a lot more time than you might think. There's visual design time required, Engineering time, and lots of other stuff that goes on behind the scenes.

We'll let you all know when we have more information to share.“

Hmm so my takeaway from this is that eventually the drop rates will be posted in the game, the implication is that they are working on making the drop rates visible as opposed to that they are trying to discuss with Apple ways to not have to post them.

@Kabam Miike could you confirm that this is the case? Are we eventually going to see the drop rates? Is that what the team are currently working on? (Obviously alongside other projects)

This is correct. We're not looking for a workaround, nor did we ever try to look for a "way around this". We've been working on how we are going to make them visible in game. There is a lot of time and work involved in making this happen, including visual design, production time, engineering time, among other requirements.

Thank you for the response, I’m glad that this has been confirmed. This is really good for the playerbase. Now I need to work on my self control to say “I told you so” to everyone who said kabam wouldn’t announce drop rates :D
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 662 ★★★
    Thanks @Kabam Miike glad you shared this. Too bad your bosses did not allow you to update us with this definitive answer sooner.
  • Romario26 wrote: »
    “We are still working with Apple on this. We are not trying to get around it, but making this stuff visible in Game takes a lot more time than you might think. There's visual design time required, Engineering time, and lots of other stuff that goes on behind the scenes.

We'll let you all know when we have more information to share.“

Hmm so my takeaway from this is that eventually the drop rates will be posted in the game, the implication is that they are working on making the drop rates visible as opposed to that they are trying to discuss with Apple ways to not have to post them.

@Kabam Miike could you confirm that this is the case? Are we eventually going to see the drop rates? Is that what the team are currently working on? (Obviously alongside other projects)

This is correct. We're not looking for a workaround, nor did we ever try to look for a "way around this". We've been working on how we are going to make them visible in game. There is a lot of time and work involved in making this happen, including visual design, production time, engineering time, among other requirements.

Then could you post the rates in forums? Don’t really need visual designs, production time, engineering time or among other requirements

They have to do it anyway as it is required by Apple. They will be available soon enough it seems.
  • HigherPoweredHigherPowered Posts: 118
    These rates are known to Kabam, and based on results from large samples of crystals we sort of know what they are already, so I don’t really understand why Kabam haven’t published them on forums to kill the discussion until they can include them in game to avoid all this hand wringing...
    These rates are known to Kabam, and based on results from large samples of crystals we sort of know what they are already, so I don’t really understand why Kabam haven’t published them on forums to kill the discussion until they can include them in game to avoid all this hand wringing...

This is a good question. The only the answer I can come up with is that they absolutely loath the idea of having to reveal these so they won't until they have to.
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    Vydious, you have to admit, the conspiracies and etc are because of the lack of answers.

Miike said there's a lot of work involved, visual designs, production and etc.

and that is fine, we understand.

however, what is NOT fine is the fact that you guys took over a month (or who knows how long) to give this very simple and acceptable response.

someone said maybe you guys (forum mods) were forbidden from speaking, but couldn't you say so? "hey guys, our bosses don't want us to give any statement yet".

whether the solution is ready or not, the customers have requested to know about the progress and for a whole month the only response was silence. you can't blame players for going paranoic in this case.

The forum mods do not get to speak their minds. They are told what they are and are not allowed to say. They probably weren't even allowed to tell us that there was no statement. They are just voicing what their superiors permit them to probably via some script or bullet points they are given to put on here.
  • Jason7680Jason7680 Posts: 15
    I can guarantee that the 5* basic is rigged. Out of all the heros in that crystal. I've pulled 3 storms, and 3 cyclops and old Champs. What is the odds on that? Too fishy to me. I've spent a lot of money on this game and get **** champs, I'm done spending.
  • FPC3FPC3 Posts: 144 ★★
    Miike - The team could make a forum post with the drop rates to satiate the player-base. Surely all the other things you're talking about are in-game as you mentioned graphics and such, and those certainly DO require a bit of time. But a forum post would be quick and easy, no?
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    FPC3 wrote: »
    Miike - The team could make a forum post with the drop rates to satiate the player-base. Surely all the other things you're talking about are in-game as you mentioned graphics and such, and those certainly DO require a bit of time. But a forum post would be quick and easy, no?

I think the issue is that every crystal has different rates...

PHC rates
    Daily Special crystal rates
    GMC rates
    FGMC rates
    Arena Crystal rates
    etc
    etc
    etc
  • GapToothWitchGapToothWitch Posts: 22
    edited February 2018
    Vdh2008 wrote: »
    FPC3 wrote: »

I think the issue is that every crystal has different rates...

PHC rates
    GMC rates
    FGMC rates
    Arena Crystal rates
    etc
    etc
    etc

at least these:
    PHC rates
    GMC rates
    FGMC rates
    Arena Crystal rates

at this point, anything really. Since in reality they could just be telling apple "we are working on it" just like they are telling us.

For all we know there is a monkey working one hour per day trying to code this..

I understand the "There is a lot of time and work involved in making this happen" but there is no excuse why they can't publish the drop rates in a forum post - they already know the rates! No visual design, production time, or engineering time involved.
  • We are not going to update this thread until there is something to update you with. Repeatedly posting "we don't have anything new to share yet" is not a good use of anybody's time, and giving progress updates is not always possible, because there are lots of moving parts.

I agree: repeatedly posting "nothing new yet" is generally a waste of time and I understand the limitations of detailed progress reports. But as I said above, it seems clear from a post in a different thread that the decision has been made to release drop rates and the dev team is working on implementing a way to do that in-game. Wouldn't it be a good use of community coordination time to simply state that officially, to preempt discussions that presume this isn't happening?

You might think this was implied from your "working with Apple" statements, but the forum discussions in this and many other threads clearly demonstrate it was not. A clear statement we can point to which addresses this clearly and directly would certainly be both possible (because you already did it in a harder to reference thread) and helpful.
  • CorsoCorso Posts: 8
    As someone who has gotten kabamed multiple times by dropping a $100 On an "increased chance" for a specific character and did not received it... I would love to know the drop rates!!! Probably would not have spent that $100. Lol. So they will either raise the drop rates, or make less money... kabam is just crooked. This will definitely benefit us!!
  • I understand the "There is a lot of time and work involved in making this happen" but there is no excuse why they can't publish the drop rates in a forum post - they already know the rates! No visual design, production time, or engineering time involved.

People keep saying there's no excuse for this, but if I was the producer in charge I would in many circumstances recommend not doing this, and I've been in favor of releasing drop rates from the very beginning. And I say this as someone that knows precisely what would be involved in doing that, because I've seen it first hand.
  • 420sam420sam Posts: 526 ★★★
    Yeah, this thread is getting closed.
  • Corso wrote: »
    As someone who has gotten kabamed multiple times by dropping a $100 On an "increased chance" for a specific character and did not received it... I would love to know the drop rates!!! Probably would not have spent that $100. Lol. So they will either raise the drop rates, or make less money... kabam is just crooked. This will definitely benefit us!!

What crystal did you spend a hundred dollars on, that we players don't already have a pretty good idea what the drop rates are?