**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Masteries Help?

Hey there, I've been working on my masteries after learning more about them these last couple months after picking this game back up from a year hiatus. I'm still pretty noobie, but I'm puzzled at a buddy of mine's PIs. I noticed his champs had higher PIs so I had him send me his screenshots of masteries and I copied them but mine are still not inflated like his, anyone have any guesses?

Comments

• colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    Get Higher precision(maxed) and Higher Cruelt(maxed) and Parry(maxed) and Dexterity and Limber(maxed) and willmpower.
  • IronFist34IronFist34 Posts: 386 ★★
    Get Higher precision(maxed) and Higher Cruelt(maxed) and Parry(maxed) and Dexterity and Limber(maxed) and willmpower.

Ah, thank you. I wasn't paying attention to the amount and rather which ones were unlocked. I'll have to double check that then!
    also need salve and regeneration(maxed if wanted)
    also need salve and regeneration(maxed if wanted)

What are the masteries to keep at just 1 and not bother to make more than 1? I feel the attack, defense, health make it seem you want more than 1 but you don't need it.
    will power can be maxed out but i say put 1 for WP
    Dexerity you only need 1
    Salve I maxed it out because for blocking damage
    Regeneration extra health for blocking damage
    There is more for masteries but i can't really think off the top of my head.
    There is more for masteries but i can't really think off the top of my head.

Thanks! Looks like I'll be re-working them a bit!
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    Alot of the masteries to increase PI aren't really good. I wouldn't worry as much about those as I would about functionality.
  • 420sam420sam Posts: 526 ★★★
    KhanMedina wrote: »
    Alot of the masteries to increase PI aren't really good. I wouldn't worry as much about those as I would about functionality.

This advice is correct. The right mastery setup may not drive your PI where you want it to be, but it will help you be better at this game.

Ah okay, is there a chart on here or YouTube vid with the best ones to invest in? After doing more research, I've done dexterity and parry and mastering that technique which has made me 100x the player I was 2 years ago
    IronFist34 wrote: »

Ah okay, is there a chart on here or YouTube vid with the best ones to invest in? After doing more research, I've done dexterity and parry and mastering that technique which has made me 100x the player I was 2 years ago

Kinda depends on champs, but 1 point in dexterity and max parry/stupor are pretty much essential. 1 point in salve with max recovery is pretty commonplace too. Max block proficiency. Max the greater crit rate and dmg but only put 1 point in the lesser ones that you need to unlock them. There's a few others that most have, but you need to work with your roster. If you rely on Elektra then I'd go with Resonate to keep their abilities shut down. If you have Gwenpool then you want max Deep Wounds to get the most from her bleeds. Use alot of mystics, especially on defense? Invest in Mystic Dispersion. Someone should have a vid for you soon with better breakdowns.
  • 420sam420sam Posts: 526 ★★★

Reddit used to have a whole list of specific setups. You can pick whatever setup best fits with your champs.

Kinda depends on champs, but 1 point in dexterity and max parry/stupor are pretty much essential. 1 point in salve with max recovery is pretty commonplace too. Max block proficiency. Max the greater crit rate and dmg but only put 1 point in the lesser ones that you need to unlock them. There's a few others that most have, but you need to work with your roster. If you rely on Elektra then I'd go with Resonate to keep their abilities shut down. If you have Gwenpool then you want max Deep Wounds to get the most from her bleeds. Use alot of mystics, especially on defense? Invest in Mystic Dispersion. Someone should have a vid for you soon with better breakdowns.

Ah thanks for this! Yeah Gwenpool is my strongest right now, and my team I'm building is more offensive as I like to be more aggressive. I also use Ultron, Blade, Iron Fist, Cable, Mordo and Gambit.
  • IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★

Ah thanks for this! Yeah Gwenpool is my strongest right now, and my team I'm building is more offensive as I like to be more aggressive. I also use Ultron, Blade, Iron Fist, Cable, Mordo and Gambit.

You should start with this setup. You can work towards it if you are short on units for cores or short on mastery points right now though.
    lt479u0di69q.png

You should start with this setup. You can work towards it if you are short on units for cores or short on mastery points right now though.
    lt479u0di69q.png

Ah thanks a bunch for this! Yeah I am level 45/46 at the moment, so I'll have to buy some more cores to unlock a couple here.

lt479u0di69q.png

Ah thanks a bunch for this! Yeah I am level 45/46 at the moment, so I'll have to buy some more cores to unlock a couple here.

Research some more before just opening these. Some of these are kind of suspect. Max limber and perfect block are for defense minded people. Max Salve with no Recovery is just wrong.

lt479u0di69q.png

Research some more before just opening these. Some of these are kind of suspect. Max limber and perfect block are for defense minded people. Max Salve with no Recovery is just wrong.

Yeah I was going to do more on that as well. I'm not familiar with many anyways
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    ugh, do not waste units and points in willpower. It it worthless without either running suicides or 5 days of map 6.
  • DizzyDizzy Posts: 236 ★★
    d0v7eah93hgt.png

This is a little closer to what I used for my Uncollected run with 4/40s. As everyone has said, your mileage may vary, but this was also in line with what I was also seeing from my favorite YouTubers before going ham on things like Max Assassin or Suicides.

A few thoughts:
    + You only need 1 in Pierce, Courage, and Greater Vitality
    + I maxed Glass Cannon for the attack gains
    + I personally do keep 1 in willpower. It was originally a mistake because I thought it would help with Starburst (it doesn't work with degen) but I still get value from it. It helped me a lot with Gambler's fate, and I'll also bring a low health champ into a fight with Ant-Man / Captain America to intentionally proc fatigue and regen a ton of health back.
    ugh, do not waste units and points in willpower. It it worthless without either running suicides or 5 days of map 6.

1 point of willpower isn't the worst thing to have. Anything more is a waste though.
  • IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★

1 point of willpower isn't the worst thing to have. Anything more is a waste though.

It is actually nice for Act 5.

lt479u0di69q.png

Where'd this come from? Alot of this seems suspect. Max salve and no recovery? Max limber and perfect block?
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    I have kind of a weird build that I regularly tweak depending on what champions I have, and what my overall plan is for the future and my playstyle.

What works for one person might not necessarily be a good idea for others based on the person's playstyle and their champions.

If you have a lot of bleed champions then despair, deep wounds, and assassin are really good to have possibily with glass cannon and a really high critcal.

If you are a more defensive player that blocks a lot then the regains, defensive, perfect block, and parry utility are where you should go.

If you do both build a hybrid build and toy around with different ones until you find one you want, you really don't need to max out dexterity or stand your ground if you chose to take them.

If you take a **** ton of damage and use specials a lot and do war a lot I wouldn't really recommend the suicide masteries.