**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Magik worth a mystic akawening gem?

Got a mystic akawening gem last month, but I have Dormammu and Ghost Rider already duped. Was waiting for SW of Voodoo. Both of them are worth a generic, basically gods. So what do you guys tell me, should I awaken my Magik? I have mystic dispersion at 2/5 at the moment. Maybe waiting for Voodoo or SW could take years,i don't know.

Comments

• HeroBoltsyHeroBoltsy Posts: 785 ★★★
    Depends on what you're using Magik for. If AW Defense sig ability is a must. If for ordinary questing I'd keep saving for SW and DV...gives great survivability and extra damage but not necessary.
  • DrpancakesDrpancakes Posts: 102
    I would say save it for SW or voodoo especially since dormammu has nullify already and ghost rider is ghost rider
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    You def won’t go wrong awakening Magik, but DV and SW definitely benefit a lot more from the dupe. Limbo has saved me a bunch un attack tho
  • @HeroBoltsy - hey .. what sig level would be good for magik in aw defense ?
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    I have a rank 3 five star Magik and I am considering taking her to rank 4. Mostly because of her power lock. I am exploring act 5.3 and 5.4 and the power surge paths are horrible. Now, Magik already has the power lock unduped (mine is unduped), I think when she is duped the only other thing she does is kill you randomly with her limbo (otherwise, I would depend on her small limbo after specials).

Not asking about a gem, but mostly about how wise it is to rank her up, as she doesn't seem to do that much damage. (I have power controllers on my 4 star roster, but they do not do enough damage). Voodoo sp2 takes forever to make, SW is random, many others can only drain or steal. So I am really considering ranking Magik up.
  • HeroBoltsyHeroBoltsy Posts: 785 ★★★
    I don't know of any sig level I'd shoot for...I'd say 20 or 30 to start off with for a good base. As far as nodes go definitely Enhanced Abilities, to be that much more of a pain.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @beyonder8421 she will limbo away a lot more damage when she is duped. Really helpful for intercepting after a L2 because if you screw up she will almost always limbo away the damage. She was very valuable to me for exploring act 5. @AcuTarA she is definitely worth a mystic gem.
  • Yes
  • Danicb94Danicb94 Posts: 97
    DO IT!, best mystic imo
  • No question magik is one of the best champs in the game
  • I was holding a mystic gem for magik for a long time but I caved recently and used it on voodoo
  • Animejay70Animejay70 Posts: 400 ★★★
    Absolutely worth a mystic gem. Now go do it!
  • DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 432 ★★
    7isz4bkq4ya0.gif
  • colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    Of course magik is worth a awakening gem
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    Only awaken Magik if you have alot of sig stones to dump into here as she sucks at low sig
  • Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    Magik definitely worth it. I used my 5* mystic awakening gem on my rank 4 Magik about 4 months ago. I still haven't duped her but I've thrown many sig stones her way. She's one of the best champs in this game, period.