Me vs You like a regular 2 player fighting game

Oh when oh when will we ever be able to log on and actually duel/fight eachother like a regular 2 player fighting game?
This has been missing from this game since day 1.

Comments

• Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Member Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    No one would attack. People would just wait to parry. Kabam would need to remove that mastery for it to work
  • A24xA24x Member Posts: 10
    Positive thoughts, glass half full, don’t be a Debbie Downer. Think of every other fighting game you’ve played in your life. Me vs You / 2 player. Why not?
  • stakstak Member Posts: 88
    There is ridiculous lag and other game play problems in the current human vs AI format. The amount of problems there would be in a human vs human format would be insane.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Member Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    it would be terrible
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Member Posts: 424 ★★★
    I doubt this would be possible any time soon with the unpredictability of mobile devices over mobile internet connections.
    Are you guys developers? Why so lazy about it? There are “problems” with everything they do. What if they work it out like everything else? Think of it as another area of game improvement that would also bring appeal to existing and even new gamers. I for one was looking for this feature when I started playing 2+ years ago. You guys sound like you’re afraid to lose or give your friends bragging rights. I think it’s a monumental idea that has been missing from the game since day 1. Also gives “level up” incentives to those who don’t care about end-game content or joining alliances. Different people, different appeals. I just don’t see how this would hurt the game more than it’d help it.
  • Savio444Savio444 Member Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    I do not think this is a good idea.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Member Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    As others have said, this would get stagnant fast. If you pay attention to what most players do, they are reacting to the opponent...waiting for an opening. That could mean parrying an attack, intercepting an attack, evading and punishing a heavy, etc.

If both players did this, it would be 2 champs standing and blocking, waiting for the other to make a move. This kind of game isn't conducive to pvp play. It needs to be against AI opponents.
    Welcome to the evolution of your MCOC fighting style.

That holds just as true to sayyy classic Street Fighter gameplay, applies to just about every fighting game. Step out of the box, EVOLVE and stop being scared of the possible “what if’s” of the unknown.

I hope your collective negativity doesn’t close the door for this thought-of but [perhaps] unmentioned idea/proposition of MANY. Give it a chance.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Member Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Please ignore my logical, well-reasoned post. Clearly my MCOC fighting abilities are un-evolved. My mistake. I'm sorry I've wasted everyone's time.
  • 34_TotalEpicGuy34_TotalEpicGuy Member Posts: 4
    It would be bad
    Please ignore my logical, well-reasoned post. Clearly my MCOC fighting abilities are un-evolved. My mistake. I'm sorry I've wasted everyone's time.

Don’t get defensive hahahahahaha, not meant in a deragatory way. Ease up my g
  • NiteAndDaeNiteAndDae Member Posts: 670 ★★★
    As others have said, this would get stagnant fast. If you pay attention to what most players do, they are reacting to the opponent...waiting for an opening. That could mean parrying an attack, intercepting an attack, evading and punishing a heavy, etc.

If both players did this, it would be 2 champs standing and blocking, waiting for the other to make a move. This kind of game isn't conducive to pvp play. It needs to be against AI opponents.

I don't know if I necessarily agree. I could come in with a light hit and then hold for a heavy, assuming you continue to block. It would become a bit of a chess game, though I guess it would definitely favor the defender. So then we just need to add/ adjust mechanics.

- When dashing in, make it possible to stop my champ mid dash, thus I can feint a dash.
    - Remove holding press to block. Make it a tap, thus holding would only trigger one occurrence of it, making it more of an interactive action rather than just holding it down.

Again, these are just suggestions, as I too would like to see some sort of more interactive pvp play, since it was my love for street fighter and marvel fighting games that brought me here.

The lag and bandwidth issues are separate, those are big obstacles, but will be overcome in time. If you DC, you lose, so only play when you have a fast, stable connection.