**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Banned Forum+In Game Message

I am wondering, if you get your forum account banned does that mean you get banned from talking on global or to your alliance in the game??

I need answers as a fellow player of mine is freaking out

Comments

• Dropfaith wrote: »
    I can still post in game from jail on forums

You wouldnt be posting on here if you were banned lol
  • PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★
    Depends on the ban you may only get lvl one ban that limits you to a certain number of posts at a time.

• AMFAMF Posts: 83
    IanMoone89 wrote: »
    I am wondering, if you get your forum account banned does that mean you get banned from talking on global or to your alliance in the game??

No. Because Kabam doesn't necessarily know what forum account belongs to what user. In-game names often differ from forum names.
  • AMF wrote: »

No. Because Kabam doesn't necessarily know what forum account belongs to what user. In-game names often differ from forum names.

Then how you explain the fact when they type in game nothing shows up in the chat
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    edited February 2018
    AMF wrote: »

Then how you explain the fact when they type in game nothing shows up in the chat

That's a different ban, their in game account got chat banned for whatever reason, if it's more than 3 days it's a permanent one.

It really has nothing to do with this forum rather it has something to do with what they said and did inside the game for the most part.

Though its a flawed system since they won't tell you what you may have said to warrant one even if you didn't do anything to derserve one it will stick no matter what after 3 days unfortunately.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    AMF wrote: »

Your Forum Account is registered through your Account.

To the OP, actions on the Forum do not automatically have an effect on your Account. There may be particularly heinous incidents where they have to take action in-game, but these would be rare cases. If there is a Forum ban, it doesn't automatically ban your ability to chat in-game.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    Having said that, they do take action on Chat in specific cases that pertain to behavior in Chat, although they don't discuss actions taken here on the Forum.
  • Hi @IanMoone89! Sorry to hear a friend of yours is having an issue with the in game chat. It's most likely that they have received an in game chat ban as we have moderators reviewing in game chat as well reports we get made by other players.

Chat bans can be temporary (lasting from 1 to 3 days) or possibly permanent and occur when a user is violating the Terms of Service, which includes the general guidelines similar to those in the Forum Rules (such as: profanity, flooding, spamming, insults, excessive non-game related conversation as a few examples). As they've noticed this will effect every area of chat like global and alliance.

I'm afraid we do not have access to in game accounts so we are unable to verify if it's chat ban or not. But if they contact Support, they'll be more than happy to look into it!

To contact Support, they can tap the grey gear icon in the top left corner of the Main screen. From there, tap on the button that says “Support”. If they’re not able to find the answer and have more questions, touch the button that states, “Need more help? Contact us” to submit a support ticket.

As we're unable to help further with account specific issues and Support is the answer, I'm going to go ahead and close this thread.
This discussion has been closed.