**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

5* Blade advice

DizzyDizzy Posts: 236 ★★
edited February 2018 in General Discussion
Hey guys - you’re probably sick of all the Blade talk but I’d love your opinion here if you have appetite for one more question.

I’m a relatively new player (been here 3 months, 120k hero rating, Uncollected) with a solid set of 4* 4/40 champs (Stark, SL, Gwenpool, Void, Rogue, AA). My only 2/35 5* champs are Iceman and Hawkeye, as my other three 5* are trash.

I have 25k 5* shards that I thought I’d spend on at least one Blade Featured crystal, but I’ll be honest, now that I don’t have major questing to do, I’m not as desperate for a champ like Blade. Plus, I really don’t think it’s that fun playing with him, personally.

On top of that, I managed to pull a 4* Blade this morning, awakened him, and will be bringing him straight to 4/40 when I get the T2cc (LOL).

If you were in my shoes, would you risk 5k of my shards for an unawakened Blade that won’t get past 2/35 for a while (no T4CC), or just focus on building my 5* roster with basics?

5* Blade advice 100 votes

Save your shards, go for basics
34%
NevvBSnakeEyes69cradlemanDarkestDestroyerTBJ1118DrOctavius2_2sfu_koraxHeartlessRaganatorFireballs5Adamdrt2006FallencircusProtocol8051BeelsFoxhero007BUZZdog3000Darkrider05SirTodd_83ImranRCunha 34 votes
BladebladeBLADE always Blade
66%
DL864ShadTheManGamerMasterSmokeVdh2008RagamugginGunnerRB6942danielmathBigMoxVxNotoRiouSxVxRedBaron99Fluffydragon2Spity68AddyosAce_03Nemesiovg2782Jank39buffajrTrimbob 66 votes

Comments

• Options
    G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,447 ★★★★
    The thing is: It is the last featured 5* crystal... So there is no harm in going for it. Since you are already uncollected: The 5k shards will be coming back sooner than you think...
  • Options
    I'm typically of the mind of expanding your 5* squad especially if you'll use em for arena, the reason I'm saying Blade is because we're dealing with the last regular featured crystal that we know of, and even though he might not be that fun to play for you having a good shot at him will likely be more useful to you than a few more low shots at something gamechanging. That all remains to be seen though, if your 4*s are doing it for you and Hawkeye/Iceman are enough maybe the basics are the way to go?

What I would do is open one Blade featured (which you say you're planning on anyway) and decide based on the result. If you get him, maybe you feel the dupe isn't that needed and you can go for basics? Your call ultimately and the point about about 5* shards coming more often later is true as well, all food for thought.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Quicksilver44Quicksilver44 Posts: 59
    edited February 2018
    @dizzy and I am a superhero called Superman. Also I have seen 10 unicorns in my back yard. I don't know what to say...
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Thanks all. Guess I'll give one featured a go and hope for the best. Fair point that this is the last of its kind and there's no way to sustain my gambler's fallacy when it comes to featured champs!

@Quicksilver44 I'm not quite sure why you thought that was necessary, but good luck making Uncollected I guess.

(PS Trial of Heart Expert is pretty dang simple if you know you're going up against regen/degen champs and bring the right people in.)
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Hm. So in an unexpected turn of events I actually went 1 for 1 and pulled a Blade (but in my haste I opened a basic about a week earlier so I couldn't go for the dupe. Oops.)

Should I bring Blade straight up to R3 without the dupe, or wait for it and focus on other champs first?

For context, I have no 5/50s or 3/45s because I'm relatively new and low on T4CC, and therefore trying to focus resources on just the right champs.

EDIT: Also, I have a 4* Starky but no 4* GR or Mephisto, so I'm not getting the most out of the danger sense synergy yet.
  • Options
    You got Uncollected with no 5/50? How did you pull that off? Did you spend lots and lots and lots of money? Congrats on your Blade.

becoming uncollected is possible with 4/40 rosters. I did the same. SL was my main as back then. No signficant amount of revives used, except for the fight against the collector himself
  • Options
    Thanks @SmokinSurfer - might do that.

Regarding the Uncollected run, it took maybe 100-200 units on revives (I had a bunch farmed from daily crystals and solo events). In general, I used maybe 5 revives before the Collector, and then ~25 in that fight.

I know I have a lot of content in front of me (Act 5, LOL)... I meant more that I’m just not motivated to do it because the rewards don’t excite me like Uncollected did. I can 100% the Uncollected monthly quest no sweat, so it’ll take a while before I get the motivation to rank up my tram to try 5.3.