**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

War matchmaking is broken

We keep track of our wars and opponents. Out of the last 25 wars, going back a few months, 23 of those opponents have been rated higher than us by about 20-30%. 25 wars ago, we are about a 10 million alliance, and we would faces 12-13m alliances every war. Now we are about 12m and we are facing 13-16m alliances. 1 time in the last 25 wars we faced an alliance rated lower than us by about 500k, and one time we faced an alliance rated about 100k lower. Every other wars besides those two has been brutal. We have been forced to spend tons of items just to have a chance at winning. Much higher rated alliances have much higher rated champs and go through our defense like butter. War isn't even fun anymore. It's just frustrating and demoralizing seeing alliances 2-3m higher than you nearly every single war. We recently dropped from t3 to t4, and our first enemy in tier 4 is a 16m alliance. Why is this happening? Why can't we get a fair matchup?

Comments

• BillLisBackBillLisBack Posts: 25
    We are a 9 mill alliance and having the exact same issue. It is very frustrating. And heads up Kabam, we just tell our guys to not bother using potions since it doesn’t matter with these matchups. Not good for you or us. Please look into this ASAP.
  • 1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★
    its simple economics... War season has the rewards every top alliance wants.... those who want it more will use more items therefore spend more money
  • hurricanthurricant Posts: 515 ★★★
    edited February 2018
    its simple economics... War season has the rewards every top alliance wants.... those who want it more will use more items therefore spend more money

This doesn't address the issue at all. The issue is war matchups aren't fair and are broken
  • I think one reason may be, alot of alliances (like mine) didn't really care about war rating before seasons. Now that seasons is here, we are pushing in war and trying to get to a higher tier. We are tier 4 pushing for tier 3. We are a 15 mil alliance and most alliances we face are a little lower rating than us. So, I think you are seeing the effect of alliances now pushing to raise their war rank.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    fair has nothing to do with what you are talking about. A skilled, 9 mil alliance, can easily face an unskilled 12 mil alliance and win in the same war tier. Obviously a larger alliance should have a higher war rating, but matchmaking is all about war rating, not alliance rating. If a higher alliance sucks at war, they will be lower.
  • hurricanthurricant Posts: 515 ★★★
    edited February 2018
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    fair has nothing to do with what you are talking about. A skilled, 9 mil alliance, can easily face an unskilled 12 mil alliance and win in the same war tier. Obviously a larger alliance should have a higher war rating, but matchmaking is all about war rating, not alliance rating. If a higher alliance sucks at war, they will be lower.

Except 12-15 million alliance are more often than not skilled. It's hard to reach 12-15 mil and still suck at the game. To my point, those 23/25 alliances clear us 98-100% every time, so what are we supposed to do then?
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    hurricant wrote: »
    Primmer79 wrote: »

Except 12-15 million alliance are more often than not skilled. It's hard to reach 12-15 mil and still suck at the game. To my point, those 23/25 alliances clear us 98-100% every time, so what are we supposed to do then?

stop being so good? honestly its your skill (i won't accuse you of spending your way, because I don't know your alliance) that pushes you up to face these guys. Would it be fair for a 9 mil alliance who is good at war to steamroll every other 9 mil alliance out there? I tend to say no.

That being said, I do believe some of this is people who hated war before finally working their way up again.