**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What to call the "Sliding Specials...?"

How do we quantify these out of character opponent specials that slide across the screen in a grossly obvious way all of a sudden?
I mean, I've pretty much accepted that it happens, but when you can perfect an AQ mini boss and have the evade for their specials in muscle memory and then they do that crazy slide across the screen special that is WAYYYY outside their normal travel distance, what does Kabam give for the name of that? I mean, I know what "WE" call it, but what is the official name for that craziness?

Comments

• Cha-Ching.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    If you are playing really well and the opponent drops below 30% health - BEWARE!!

That's the only cue, the attack or the sudden surge of aggressive stance is incoming. It's almost like the AI gets stuck to you and you need to frantically evade and hope for the best. Happens often enough.
  • RCunhaRCunha Posts: 375 ★★
    Happens with heavy attacks as well.. When i think i am far away for them to reach me they go that extra "mile" to strike me.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited February 2018
    It’s a range. When you are right on the edge, it looks weird. If you are right next to them, it actually pushes them backwards. U just gotta know which specials you had better block like GG’s L2, and which are easier to evade
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    edited February 2018
    @Hammerbro_64
    I understand what you are saying but I believe what I'm talking about is well outside a "range" that the special has.

As far as "knowing which ones to evade/block" I mean I'm talking even Luke Cage sp1 or 2, so possibly the easiest to evade, traveling twice the typical distance. Not even the more difficult ones.

It goes from a "little leeway" to across the entire screen as in their legs are not moving but their feet keep sliding and sliding until they get to you. A simple evade turns into a double evade and still getting hit occasionally if not careful.

I used to be able to produce it a LOT on the last run of any quest map but don't see it as often there now. See it seemed like something was "turned on" for this to happen. Like a heavy/special distance node buff or something.
    We're also talking about opponents I am Very familiar with.

I just want to know officially if this type of scenario has a name?

Moonwalking?
    Traveling?
    CrossCountry?
    Slip and Slide?

I mean what do we call it?
  • 420sam420sam Posts: 526 ★★★
    edited February 2018
    Why not just use the umbrella term...Kabammed? You see it every AQ with the red symbiod on the Debuff immune path of map 5. He can almost jump across the entire screen on his s2.