**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Anyone having success with AW Bosses OTHER than the usual suspects?

HQ101HQ101 Posts: 422 ★★
So, typically you will see these AW bosses:

Magik
Modok
Mephisto
Dormammu
OG Spiderman
Medusa (Newer)
Juggernaut (Not as much anymore).

But, is anyone finding a great deal of success with Champs other than these as AW bosses? Maybe someone new??

Comments

• The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    Yup. YONDU on high left mini boss node with unblockable sp2 wreaks some great havoc.
    I've also seen a high ranked GG be a huge pain in the butt.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    I think UC is much better than what people think if you have 5/5 MD.

But to be honest the best AW bosses right now are the ones that can't be easily countered by blade or magik.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Blade is SO OP. Try him as war boss.

... and let me know what happens.
  • HQ101HQ101 Posts: 422 ★★
    So, Green Goblin?? Or did u mean Node 53 Unblockable L2?
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Void as a boss can be a pain as well.
  • GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    Void was actually really easy, doesn't help he has class dis with blade
    HQ101 wrote: »
    So, Green Goblin?? Or did u mean Node 53 Unblockable L2?

Yondu for 53 unblockable L2.
    GG for stun immune or even healing node. Alternatively any L1 unblockable.
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    og punisher on unblockable l2 node
  • TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
    Medusa is a mean old lady as a boss. Once she gets those furies then the auto blocking wreaks a lot of havoc.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    Grimmbear wrote: »

And he's a villain.
    edited February 2018
    Grimmbear wrote: »

But then really, you are pinpointing Blade. Void is still a pretty good boss , other than the usual suspects, he does auto damage if the fight goes on. Between Magik and Void, mostly void gets us more kills.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Still looking for a good alternative to main Boss (not subs) myself. Blade and Magik basically wreck most people, and a Magik with high MD can probably (unsure) keep up with L1s on Medusa to keep her Furies down, but I have not had the chance to try it.
  • CrusherCrusher Posts: 305
    Primmer79 wrote: »

He is an attacker not a defender.... 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Amonthir wrote: »
    Still looking for a good alternative to main Boss (not subs) myself. Blade and Magik basically wreck most people, and a Magik with high MD can probably (unsure) keep up with L1s on Medusa to keep her Furies down, but I have not had the chance to try it.

I mean there's only so much you can do. Good players will go through your bosses anyways.

Put your best up and hope the opponent gets wrecked on the way.
  • CavalierCavalier Posts: 246
    I've been having good results with Iceman as Boss. Free damage and you can't bleed him.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Crusher wrote: »
    Primmer79 wrote: »

He is an attacker not a defender.... 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

its not as funny when someone explains my joke....
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    IceMan is easy, all you have to do is survive the Coldsnap and have some health for blocking, he isn't hard to fight. We will probably try Medusa at some point, see what happens.
    Faced a Morningstar mini recently and although I beat her with Blade she bled the **** out of me. I'm wondering if she would be hard enough as main boss. I don't have one high enough to try.
    Has anyone tried Stark Spidey as main boss? Just curious.
  • Adamdrt2006Adamdrt2006 Posts: 429
    I usually use a unawakened nc he usually does good
  • SperaSpera Posts: 152
    Medusa isn't all that ..,and using magik there's no need to spam l1 ,. Auto block will push you into limbo
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Basically, the main boss just needs to be good enough to not be taken down with links still up, and still log a couple of KO's on their own. Once most of the big allies are at the main boss, they're going to get them down.

If your hope is to shut down the other ally, you have to focus more on the mini-bosses and line placements so the links to the main boss remain in place.

We still mostly see the usual suspects: Magik, Spidey, NC, Juggy, Dorm, MODOK, etc.

We've gotten a couple of kills out of Medusa as a main boss, but all you need to do is control her fury stack (nullify/stagger) and her auto-block goes away.