**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Modoks lab is SUPER lame...

maybe it’s just me and maybe we were spoiled by the black panther event last month, but modoks lab literally requires 2x the work and an increased difficulty for slightly less rewards. Not only that but some nodes require instant changes like thorns and it just leaves a bitter taste in your mouth.

I hate complaining since i dont want this community to be like the call of duty community, but modoks lab needs to chill tf out. I don’t know why but it feels more like a chore and a stream of disappointment as opposed to challenging and rewarding.

maybe improve the rewards or lower the difficulty? Or maybe remove it altogether. The only thing sub 180k ppl are missing out on by not doing the event is grief and frustration.

Comments

• Options
    Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    Um? The rewards still add up no matter the quantity
    They didn't have to release it but they did.

I really don't see what all the whining is about this event. Is it because you get no Ultimate Crystal?
    Because they are rare and they only did the special crystal for black panther side event
  • Options

I really don't see what all the whining is about this event. Is it because you get no Ultimate Crystal?
    Because they are rare and they only did the special crystal for black panther side event

People are complaining because for last months event, finishing a 25,000 difficulty quest one time will get you 400 shards. modoks lab for the same rewards requires more luck, more difficulty at 30,000, and TWO runs to get 400 shards.

It would be fun if the gameplay was dependent on skill, but the player has less control over that due to the randomness of nodes and the chances that 1 out of the 6 will be a dumb gamebreaking node like degeneration and thorns where damage just can’t be avoided.
  • Options
    Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★

People are complaining because for last months event, finishing a 25,000 difficulty quest one time will get you 400 shards. modoks lab for the same rewards requires more luck, more difficulty at 30,000, and TWO runs to get 400 shards.

It would be fun if the gameplay was dependent on skill, but the player has less control over that due to the randomness of nodes and the chances that 1 out of the 6 will be a dumb gamebreaking node like degeneration and thorns where damage just can’t be avoided.

Yes but the difference is

Trials of the king had Beneficial Boosts to help with Expert quest thus more rewards

MODOKS Lab has no boosts but randomised buffs that can be beneficial or devastating thus slightly reduced rewards

I see where you're coming from but It really isn't a big deal..
  • Options

Yes but the difference is

Trials of the king had Beneficial Boosts to help with Expert quest thus more rewards

MODOKS Lab has no boosts but randomised buffs that can be beneficial or devastating thus slightly reduced rewards

I see where you're coming from but It really isn't a big deal..

by that logic, since modoks lab is more challenging, shouldn’t there be MORE rewards? It does the exact opposite, and being in contrast to last months event only makes it that much worse.

Also, whether it’s a big deal is subjective and will depend on the person. The difficuly made the rewards more exclusive, and people in my level who were able to get the rewards can’t get them anymore so it’s kind of a big deal for me and for a lot of other people who are affected.

In other words, I’m simply expressing my disappointment which is completely valid, and it’s up to kabam to do with that as they will, but there’s nothing anyone can say that can change my subjective experience otherwise, unless i missed a memo announcing the last event was made to be less difficult and to not expect that level of leniency in the future.
  • Options
    Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    Um… you do know not ALL the buffs are good right?

Bloodletting on Colossus?
    Enhanced poison on Yondu?
    Vulnerabilities
    Enhanced crit rate/Damage
    Enhanced armor up

There are a lot of abilities that just don’t synergize with the enemies like owns that make them weaker (stun vulnerability anyone?)

And we have plenty of control with the dice. Aside from the stray MODOK I have yet spend any units on the Lab
  • Options
    GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    Dont do it then? Its not hard in the first place.
  • Options
    ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    Grimmbear wrote: »
    Dont do it then? Its not hard in the first place.

I agree with the first part. If you do not think it is worth it do not do it. The second part of your statement is trolling. It is not hard for you. But you do not know OP's situation or roster. I find it easy but I could see how someone with a lesser roster would be forced to use revives.
  • Options
    wSWeaponXwSWeaponX Posts: 366 ★★
    If only we had a choice not to do it.
  • Options
    L0ckJawL0ckJaw Posts: 37
    It’s not lame, it should have better rewards.
  • Options
    beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    I have to agree, if they increase the difficulty, they should also make it more worthy.
    Honestly, I hate the labs. The random aspect of it makes it more annoying. Sometimes I would get all good combinations and do it without re-rolling. Other times just a couple of rerolls. But other times... I just run out of them because it keeps giving me the same buffs/debuffs. They should guarantee a buff not to appear twice in a row when rolling the dice. I think this is what is making this quest so annoying. Because it doesn't happen every time, so you go in for the 200 shards, and when it happens you are too deep into it.

The randomizer is kind of a fun concept, but they should still make sure that rolling the dice changes the node at least once. (I am not even mentioning the known issue where you go to the store to buy dice and when you come back the node has changed).

So the reason people do it is because the randomizer doesn't fail all the time, so you can still be lucky and have something acceptable.
  • Options
    L0ckJaw wrote: »
    It’s not lame, it should have better rewards.

the concept isn’t lame, what’s lame us the increased difficulty for the less rewards.

And i mean “less” because you have to do more work for the same amount of rewards as last month’s event

• Options

wSWeaponX wrote: »
    If only we had a choice not to do it.

Yeah by that logic, kabam can just nerf gwenpool and hyperion like they did doctor strange and tell players “if only you had the choice not to use them”

See how that doesn’t address the underlying issue? My suggestion is either improve rewards, reduce the difficulty, or replace the modok bs with some other event that is worth the effort.

Sure the event might be fine for you, but for players on my level, the sudden increase in effort and difficulty for the amount of rewards received is frustrating and off putting.

Yes “deal with it” and “don’t play” are options, but the game isn’t anymore enjoyable, which is the win win situation im trying to put forward