**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Carnage: 2018 Buff

2»

Comments

• DrVD99DrVD99 Posts: 71
    Buff all the worse champs. Kamala Khan and spider Gwen first.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    edited March 2018
    Grippies wrote: »
    As others stated, he was made to be way too strong before the actual release, so they nerfed him before release rather than after. Unfortunately, they nerfed him too much...and released him anyways. I agree with the nerf before release, but they should have just delayed him rather than making him too weak, but there's probably financial consideration involved.

My question: if they were fine releasing Blade how he is, how incredible was the pre-release Carnage that they had to nerf him right away?

Nearly Unstoppable.
    He had no limitation on his stackable buffs and it had more triggers than sp1 and sp2.
    Other things ive seen suggest he even had the same ability as Agent Venom where he could get rid of stuns and status effects.
    Another one was he had more buffs in his pool, Eg;
    Regen, Poison, Evade, Cruelty, Precision, Fury, Armor Up, Armor Break, Physical Resist, Block Proficiency, Bleed, Stun, Power Steal, Enervate and Klyntar Rage all included.
    These were all speculation and I among others have seen to real evidence to support this, but it makes alot of sense to me.

There’s no possible way that he had all those and could control which to activate. Not enough commands in a fight for that, it would’ve had to have been a random draw at that point. And if random, it wouldn’t have been overpowered.

Tell that to scarlet witch

Scarlet Witch can’t control which one procs, it’s random for her. Exactly how I described in my comment. And really doubt they would make a new scarlet witch only months after changing the original.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    As others stated, he was made to be way too strong before the actual release, so they nerfed him before release rather than after. Unfortunately, they nerfed him too much...and released him anyways. I agree with the nerf before release, but they should have just delayed him rather than making him too weak, but there's probably financial consideration involved.

My question: if they were fine releasing Blade how he is, how incredible was the pre-release Carnage that they had to nerf him right away?

Nearly Unstoppable.
    He had no limitation on his stackable buffs and it had more triggers than sp1 and sp2.
    Other things ive seen suggest he even had the same ability as Agent Venom where he could get rid of stuns and status effects.
    Regen, Poison, Evade, Cruelty, Precision, Fury, Armor Up, Armor Break, Physical Resist, Block Proficiency, Bleed, Stun, Power Steal, Enervate and Klyntar Rage all included.
    These were all speculation and I among others have seen to real evidence to support this, but it makes alot of sense to me.

There’s no possible way that he had all those and could control which to activate. Not enough commands in a fight for that, it would’ve had to have been a random draw at that point. And if random, it wouldn’t have been overpowered.

Scarlet Witch can’t control which one procs, it’s random for her. Exactly how I described in my comment. And really doubt they would make a new scarlet witch only months after changing the original.

I meant the “if random, it wouldn’t have been overpowered”

Scarlet witch was the most random champ and the most powerful champ in the hammer. So you were wrong.

Nearly Unstoppable.

I meant the “if random, it wouldn’t have been overpowered”

Scarlet witch was the most random champ and the most powerful champ in the hammer. So you were wrong.

You’re right, she definitely was. I didn’t want to write a wall or text to explain exactly what I was getting at.
  • Cosmos_2002Cosmos_2002 Posts: 137
    edited March 2018
    Carnage

Increase limit to 6 buffs (7 with venom)

Reduce mutation time to 7 seconds.

While mutating, passively generate power as long as the opponent bleeds.(10% of a bar of power per second ).
    This is unaffected by the number of bleeds.

Remove the block proficiency buff and add a perfect block chance instead (~10%)
    Get the corresponding passive while blocking.
    Increase base block proficiency to ~55%.

On light attacks, Remove the critical rating buff and put the critcal damage buff instead (~25%).
    Get the corresponding passive on light attacks.
    To balance this , increase his critical rating to ~30%.

On the heavy attack gain a Power gain buff, increasing all power gained by 16%.(instead of the cruelty buff)
    Heavy attacks generate 16% more power (instead of the passive cruelty effect).

Persistent Buffs (from fight to fight in a quest)
    At the start of a fight, generate any 2 buffs activated in the previous fight.

Signature Ability

While the opponent bleeds, their evasion chance is reduced by (~20-90%)

Passively regenerate upto 18% missing health over the course of a mutation.
    Also, carnage’s sig right now is a weaker version of a passive that Blade has (blade’s is passive power gain while carnage’s is active). Not even blade’s sig, just one of his extra abilities.

This is not to say Blade is overpowered, but that Carnage is woefully underpowered. A great and easy way to fix him is to have him start with one of each buff (not counting toward his total/match) when awakened with a scaling regen % (or life steal) added when opponent is bleeding nearby. This would still make him susceptible to mystics, but much more effective out of the gate.
  • IanMoone89IanMoone89 Posts: 590
    Carnage will be buffed when venom film comes out lol
  • JokepoolJokepool Posts: 401
    IanMoone89 wrote: »
    Carnage will be buffed when venom film comes out lol

Hopefully sooner than that. Love the champion
    #buffcarnage
  • Blackluster_6Blackluster_6 Posts: 36
    Carnage needs a Tenacity like AV and permanent buffs instead of temporary, whenever the opponents bleed he can gain power, also in the comics he can regenerate so that’s that