**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

HOOD stagger regen

DarthVadidDarthVadid Posts: 395 ★★★
So, when hood uses basic attacks he has a chance to stagger if before that stagger expires you can reapply it with another basic hit. This in essence ends the first stagger and should give hood regeneration. Before all the MCOC trolls attack this post. My argument for this is when you dash backwards and activate dexterity you trigger MYSTIC DYSPERSION. If you dash back again and trigger dexterity before you use the crit buff it activates mystic dispersion. Every dexterity activates MD... EVERY STAGGER should activate HOODS regen. Even thoug stagger is on a timer you should get the regen for ending it early with another stagger

Comments

• Options
    TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    DarthVadid wrote: »
    Even thoug stagger is on a timer you should get the regen for ending it early with another stagger

I think technically speaking you aren't forcing anything expire. You are simply refreshing the stagger, not replacing it. Once a stagger is applied I believe any further crits (since stagger is applied through crits and not just any basic attack) act as his heavy attack acts, meaning that they "refresh" the stagger.

• Options
    Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/56017/hood-stagger-siphon-is-wrong-twice/p1?new=1

COME HERE! I actually did research and tested it to prove that it works in a way that neither the wording or official statements matchup with
  • Options
    FivesFives Posts: 118 ★★
    Even thoug stagger is on a timer you should get the regen for ending it early with another stagger

I think technically speaking you aren't forcing anything expire. You are simply refreshing the stagger, not replacing it. Once a stagger is applied I believe any further crits (since stagger is applied through crits and not just any basic attack) act as his heavy attack acts, meaning that they "refresh" the stagger.

That SHOULD be how dexterity works, but then, I suppose that wouldn’t feed the MD BS, and by extension kabam’s pocketbooks.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    It was already explained ton of times in the past.
    MD and Hood stagger works differently. It doesn't matter if they are equally worded, they are different abilities
  • Options
    NastyEfnNateNastyEfnNate Posts: 551 ★★
    edited March 2018
    MD says when the buff expires. It simply isn’t expiring just like hoods stagger. You’re refreshing the crit buff. Kabam wants their cake and eat it too. Fix MD. It’s not just dexterity and the crit buff but this applies to all buffs that refresh. Fury, regen, armor, crit, cruelty or any kind of buff that gets refreshed it fuels MD
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Kabam have decided that two extremely similar situations (hoods stagger and buffs reapplying cause MD) to function completely differently and both times they’ve decided to make it so it works against the players.

• Options
    DarthVadidDarthVadid Posts: 395 ★★★
    Don’t care to much about the mechanics and what’s intended. I would like to see siphon everY time Stagger activates. For the betterment of the game and balance. Hood can be a really good counter to stunnimmune medusa in AW. The siphon would be good to heal the chip damage when she is a high PI BOSS.
  • Options
    NastyEfnNateNastyEfnNate Posts: 551 ★★
    Hood is a very underrated champ
  • Options
    thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    Don’t care to much about the mechanics and what’s intended. I would like to see siphon everY time Stagger activates. For the betterment of the game and balance. Hood can be a really good counter to stunnimmune medusa in AW. The siphon would be good to heal the chip damage when she is a high PI BOSS.

Medusa is already cake with hood even as a beefed up aw main boss. But this would help hood not be a niche champ. With this correction (notice the word choice), he would be useful in many other situations as well.