**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

AW Manipulation Condoned

2»

Comments

• Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    Prior to he change in matchups we were winning more wars than we were losing due to evn matchups. Now we are losing 2, winning one the last few weeks as we are getting matched up against stronger allies consistently
  • MkdemariaMkdemaria Posts: 119
    I'm sure they'll find a way to adjust the scoring system for AW Season 1 to account for differences in number of matches for alliances in the same tier. We missed a War too because matching took way too long and we started right when previous wars ended.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,425 ★★★★
    Well this has made this game and message board so much more fun, introduce a competitive element that ratchets up preexisting user paranoia that further brings out the worst in the hyper competitive finger tapping warriors. For what? At best, the 9000 players from the top 300 alliances go home with a 6 star deadpool, a 5 star featured (not blade) and not enough of anything else to rank anything up, for a month's worth of effort, a whole lot of grousing and griping and evidently a ton of hard feelings from everyone just outside of the top 300. Aces, Kabam!
  • HeartlessHeartless Posts: 298 ★★
    They change war matchmaking to be more fair, now they pretty much change it back to benefit one alliance and are even giving them missed out rewards, what a load of nonsense. They are to blame themselves for their inflated war rating.
  • CodornasCodornas Posts: 542 ★★
    I d like to know the name of this so high rated alliance
  • RajutedaRajuteda Posts: 565 ★★
    This whole game is a scam..lets get back to consoles!!!!
  • StvDamitStvDamit Posts: 55
    Why don't they match the top alliance with the bottom one? The top will always win and be happy and the lower will always lose as they will one way or the other. Problem solved case disbanded, loop closed.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    edited March 2018
    GbSarkar wrote: »
    bzbo8l693odl.jpg

Btw, anyone remembers the mercenary crystal? Or people milking UC in AQ going unpunished? Or people getting back their banned accounts by paying Kabam? Or a certain top alliance leader accidently admitting that one of their original members quit and his account was being run by someone else, and Kabam responding be deleting the thread and doing noting else? Or unit scammers only getting a 1 week ban initially? Or a very famous content creator not receiving a ban even when admitting account sharing? Why act surprised now?

If that alliance had trouble to find AW matchups because they continued to search for 2BG AWs durzing AW Seasons that’s even more interesting. That would add up because AW defenses are lacking when all 5* champs are taken to r4 for prestige purposes, but I really hope that’s not the case.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,239 ★★★★★
    edited March 2018
    The issue addressed was because the Ally started Matchmaking as soon as they could and could not find a Match at all. Unfortunately, while unfair, there are no rules currently against when an Ally chooses to Match. Adora already addressed this and said it was legit, and that they started Matching as soon as they could, otherwise they wouldn't be taking action. There may be other issues, but they don't relate to the situation that was addressed.

You’re missing the point. An inflated war rating is understandable if that alliance ran 3 wars per week and didn’t intentionally avoid other top war rated alliances. It’s common knowledge among veteran and top war alliance players that this alliance ran 2 wars per week and intentionally sought matches after other top war rated alliances had already been matched. Again, the lesson here is actions do not have consequences. If you cause your alliance war rating to be inflated by intentionally avoiding certain opponents and only running 2 wars a week for 1-2 years, you should deal with the consequences accordingly.

You're compounding issues here. I don't disagree that those things are wrong, but if it's within the rules, there's nothing that can be done. It would take changing them to address them.

What on Earth are you talking about? There was “nothing that could be done” about Aq fighting UC over and over to get almost unlimited points. There was “nothing that could be done” about people re-doing the quest that gave them 5* shards over an over to get 5* crystals. There was “nothing that could be done” about people using shell alliances to get extra Aw rewards.

Oh, wait. No that’s not right. Because even though they were “within the rules”, I.e. there was nothing explicitly written against it, kabam saw that this was exploitation and they rectified it. IN this situation, there is exploitation yet again. These top alliances, or anyone else, avoiding certain match ups so they can get better matchups is cowardly and ridiculous. It would be as though England rugby and New Zealand rugby has dodgy dealings to not play each other because they don’t want to lose. Or Barcelona football and Real Madrid agreeing not to play each other to maximise points in the league table.

If you agree it’s wrong then you should agree it needs consequences otherwise you’re just supporting kabam for the sake of it.

Scale back a notch. Lol.
    As it stands, there are no rules against Allies Matching whenever they want. If they choose to coordinate, that's up to them. There's no question I think it's wrong. You're preaching to the choir. I've been one of the strongest voices and educated people many, many times about the effect of this happening. I'm the one that has kept reminding people that it creates a monopoly on positions and stunts the progression of everyone else. I'm also the one that has been saying all along that Account Sharing is against TOS, and is cheating because more than one person is earning Rewards for those Accounts and it undermines people who are playing honestly. You can't sit there and imply that I am excusing it. I've been here saying it all along. The fact that it took Season Rewards for people to agree with me is hilarious. What I'm saying is, as shady and unfair as it is, it is within the rules because there is no logical rule you can put in place to stop people from Matchmaking whenever they want.
    When I'm talking about said issues, I do it when it's appropriate to the situation. That's not what we have here. We have an Ally that wasn't able to Match the entire time Matchmaking was open. That's what was addressed, and the legitimacy was confirmed by the Moderator. This is not a doorway into every wrong thing that goes on in War. It's one issue that was looked at, and they told us to be upfront about it, not to open a Pandora's Box.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    All of this speaks to the imbalance Kabam has created by failing to think ahead about the consequences of some of THEIR choices. As someone pointed out, choices have consequences, in this case, as in many of the situations that have resulted from kabams lack of foresight, players, and in particularly lower tier players are the ones who suffer the consequences. So the rules get bent to insure that the top gets what it wants and the bottom doesn't matter because they haven't paid to get to the top where upper tier items seem to rain down so that they can't keep enough gold to use them all...
  • RebusUIRebusUI Posts: 45
    Can’t bite the hands that feeds you... I totally get it kabam...
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    Riegel wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike

In the top levels of AW your rating will be much higher than those just entering T1 AW.

Due to this it can take a long time for top alliances to find new wars, also sometimes after finally finding a war alliances will be matched with alliances 1000's of rating lower.

Both of these things cause a loss of points. One by not being able to find wars fast enough the other by matching with alliance that a victory will award 0 points.

With the new AW seasons changes will there be any update to the existing match making process?

Also, posted this on the Alliance Wars Seasons Discussion Thread. No reply.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    My alliance has missed aw matchmaking for our third war. It hasn’t happened this war season but we start wars late due to the time zones of our bgs and sometimes we only have an hour to find a match for the third war. If no other alliances are searching then it’s our fault for starting matchmaking so late. I know that’s not every case but it does happen where it’s the alliances fault

I’m in a tier 2 alliance btw
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    My alliance has missed aw matchmaking for our third war. It hasn’t happened this war season but we start wars late due to the time zones of our bgs and sometimes we only have an hour to find a match for the third war. If no other alliances are searching then it’s our fault for starting matchmaking so late. I know that’s not every case but it does happen where it’s the alliances fault

I’m in a tier 2 alliance btw

How much does your alliance spend? If it’s not in the top 1% I’m afraid it looks like nothing will be done
This discussion has been closed.