**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Matchmaking

ThebgjThebgj Posts: 635 ★★
Looks like we’re missing a war due to the long search time 😔

b1te3l9zo9va.png

Comments

• NevvBNevvB Posts: 287 ★★★
    Same here....

cnjmhaifl95h.png

• R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    Ours as well. My alliance predicted it would happen since we had issues at the start of the AW week. Two of us sent in tickets stressing our concern and trying to get them to understand that this was highly likely to happen.

@Kabam Miike This is nonsense. Where do we go when Support shuts us down?
  • Berserk_NationBerserk_Nation Posts: 223
    edited March 2018
    Prestige World Wide also never found a match after nearly 2 hours of searching. Very disappointing...
  • Rednick69Rednick69 Posts: 325
    It appears there are many alliances with this issue. Ours included.
  • ThebgjThebgj Posts: 635 ★★
    Wow, stinks to hear that so many missed out (we did end up missing out).

Sorry everyone :(
    We are prob going to drop out of plat2. Before this we were planning on making a push to plat1... if kabam can track the other allis progress, I dont see why they cant track ours right?
    Any response from mods?
    Response from mods....lol. Not laughing at you @NevvB, it’s just silly how things work.

I’d like to know if any of you dropped down a bracket due to the missed war. I’ll post here after tomorrow maintenance.

I did hear that they (Kabam) made a special one time fix for an alliance that missed a war. Not sure what the fix was but it can be done :)
    Well we will definitely drop down today. From middle of Plat2 to middle of Plat 3. We will have no chance to catch up to even plat 2 after this drop cause the point separation from Plat2-Plat3 is so little. Losing out a potential 1.3m points with a guaranteed ~1m points will pretty much ruin our season.

We spent hundreds of units on potions/boosts just to keep deaths low and pretty much punished for a faulty matchmaking system.
    edited March 2018
    I hear you. We’ve been in gold 1 since the first war of the season and it’s going to be a real kick in the jewels if we drop down because of this. We haven’t been able to move up a bracket even though we’ve won every war, if we drop down, no way in hell we make it back to gold 1
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    Maybe the issue is a lot of alliances aren’t looking for 3BG wars because they are recruiting. Many are looking for 2BG and 1BG wars and it’s screwing up the match making process.

• WayntosWayntos Posts: 592 ★★
    edited March 2018
    Maybe if you read the mail that Kabam sent out that said all Alliance Wars Matchmaking will be cleared out on Sunday 3/18 at 7 PDT and will return Wednesday at 11am PDT, Now I think an apology to Kabam should be issued they did their apart, it was your failure to read the mail but its easier to slam them and go to the forum and complain. That's all!!! @R4GE @Thebgj @NevvB lets do our part to keep ourselves informed
    edited March 2018
    Wayntos wrote: »
    Maybe if you read the mail that Kabam sent out that said all Alliance Wars Matchmaking will be cleared out on Sunday 3/18 at 7 PDT and will return Wednesday at 11am PDT, Now I think an apology to Kabam should be issued they did their apart, it was your failure to read the mail but its easier to slam them and go to the forum and complain. That's all!!! @R4GE @Thebgj @NevvB lets do our part to keep ourselves informed

Ummm, I'd say that is ignorance at its best on your part. Match making for us went on for HOURS w/o finding us a match, meaning we started early. I also mentioned the initial problem started at the BEGINNING of the week, days before the early AW shut down you care to reference.

"Maybe if you'd learn how to read...."
    edited March 2018
    Even more ignorant to make assumptions that people are ignoring their in game messages and that the early shut down plays any role in the problem
  • Lets focus on the real problem. There are alliances that are spending time / money in AW to be competitive and due to known issues that are essentially out of our control, we are facing repercussions.

Kabam, please fix this problem for everyone, not just MMX.
    @Wayntos

Thanks for the laugh.

Everyone else please don’t waste time responding to silly posts. Let’s keep this constructive and hope that Kabam has a fix for this in the future.
  • Having three wars a week and starting a war immediately after the previous one ends, if it takes several hours to find a match every time, then even if you start matchmaking search as soon as possible, due to the matchmaking system it’s still possible to miss a war and it is not the players fault. You are punishing an alliance for something that they cannot control.

What I get from all this is if an alliance is in matchmaking for hours and the time hits where matchmaking is cut off, then you are basically saying “our system couldn’t find you a match so you miss out on a war and all the season points that come with it”

That’s a horrible response to your loyal player base.
    @WillEyeAm

we all feel the same way, its a shame that kabam hasn't responded with anything on this subject. Seems like they rather respond to the same " are you going to nerf blade?" posts over and over instead.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    z9365dw80rfn.png
    vj8uc0npnr6d.png
    x4b5znqz4ecw.png
    s6nyy8xk26zc.png

One potential positive regarding Kabam’s statement about an alliance’s AW seasons score being modified because they missed 2 AWs is that it likely won’t make a difference in their rewards.

Master tier rankings are very close. 2 missed AWs would give less than 400K points, and that’s with assuming an alliance ran two near-perfect 3 BGs AWs with earning full attack bonus.

Like the current rankings show, 400K is about the difference in points between the #1 and #4 spot. If the amount of points an alliance missed out on from missing 2 AWs is not enough to make a difference in the rank rewards they earned, then no additional rewards would be due.

This doesn’t make it right that other tier 1 alliances have not received the same deserved compensation, but it is some consolation that the best AW rewards will go to alliances that fully earned their AW rank rewards.
  • JoMama999JoMama999 Posts: 43
    I think you need to do your math again. In a tier 1 map, each war has an 8x multiplier. 2 missed AW is roughly 3.2 million points. That’s enough to drop an alliance down at least one full bracket. Maybe 2

z9365dw80rfn.png
    vj8uc0npnr6d.png
    x4b5znqz4ecw.png
    s6nyy8xk26zc.png

One potential positive regarding Kabam’s statement about an alliance’s AW seasons score being modified because they missed 2 AWs is that it likely won’t make a difference in their rewards.

Master tier rankings are very close. 2 missed AWs would give less than 400K points, and that’s with assuming an alliance ran two near-perfect 3 BGs AWs with earning full attack bonus.

Like the current rankings show, 400K is about the difference in points between the #1 and #4 spot. If the amount of points an alliance missed out on from missing 2 AWs is not enough to make a difference in the rank rewards they earned, then no additional rewards would be due.

This doesn’t make it right that other tier 1 alliances have not received the same deserved compensation, but it is some consolation that the best AW rewards will go to alliances that fully earned their AW rank rewards.

• KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    edited March 2018
    Even in tier 4, a loss is 600k or so with the 4x multiplier. 400k would be at the very bottom with a 2x multiplier and a win. This dude's math and understanding of points is so far off he must be playing go fish or something.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    JoMama999 wrote: »
    I think you need to do your math again. In a tier 1 map, each war has an 8x multiplier. 2 missed AW is roughly 3.2 million points. That’s enough to drop an alliance down at least one full bracket. Maybe 2

Yep forgot about the multiplier. My point was that 3.2 million points is from running 3BGs. If an alliance couldn’t find a match because they were looking for a match with 2BGs, the amount of extra points they would receive in their adjustment wouldn’t result in them getting extra rewards unless they pulled that many points within the #3 spot.
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    No one is asking the most important question. Why Can’t Matches be Found?

Kabam knows the answer because they have the data, why not display how many alliances are actively seeking matches or put out a summary total of searches.

I suspect alliances aren’t moving up and progressing in a systematic way so there is a shortage of eligible alliances
  • ArmyBratArmyBrat Posts: 87
    @JoMama999 I think you missed one important point from the announcement though. The adjustment to points (while unfair unless you are the one alliance that gets the adjustment) is being done manually. It will be done after the season ends and will not affect any other alliance's placement and rewards. If Kabam holds to their word on that then it is the one saving grace in this matter.
    ArmyBrat wrote: »
    @JoMama999 I think you missed one important point from the announcement though. The adjustment to points (while unfair unless you are the one alliance that gets the adjustment) is being done manually. It will be done after the season ends and will not affect any other alliance's placement and rewards. If Kabam holds to their word on that then it is the one saving grace in this matter.

If they can adjust another allis points due to faulty matchmaking, why cant they do that for all allis affected?
  • ArmyBratArmyBrat Posts: 87
    NevvB wrote: »
    ArmyBrat wrote: »

If they can adjust another allis points due to faulty matchmaking, why cant they do that for all allis affected?

I am not disagreeing with that point if you read my full message above. Just pointing out the flaw in the idea that the adjustment will be bumping another alliance out of their earned position.
  • J33PTHINGJ33PTHING Posts: 29
    The last two weeks. We have only been able to get 2 wars due to long matchmaking.
    J33PTHING wrote: »
    The last two weeks. We have only been able to get 2 wars due to long matchmaking.

May i ask what your war rating is?

This discussion has been closed.