**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

5* Basic/Featured crystal shards

Kabam, 5-Star basic/featured shards should please be reduced from the 10K/15K amount needed. I'd suggest something around 5K for basic and 10K for that crappy new featured crystal or maybe 7K for basic and 12K for the new featured thing (whatever works). Also the old featured should please be reintroduced, as it was - 15K shards with slightly increased odds to pull ONE specific champ.

So three different 5* crystals..

- Basic @5K shards (maybe 7K)

- The new featured @10K shards (maybe 12K)

- A specific champion featured crystal @15K shards.

Ultimately, everyone will have options to choose from as it once was. Admittedly 5* crystals shards are more accessible but not by much if I'm honest and even then, what about mid/lower end players that don't have a ton of 5-stars?

Comments

• Totally agree with this,if kabam is sincere about making 5 stars more accesibke yo the entire community (low tier and top tier),they really shouldn’t have a problem with this,Getting to 10k 5 star shards for a champ that might turn out to be a crappy one is a real downer,y’all need to hire this guy😂
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    I have not seen anyone open one of those new featureds yet.
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    dork lessons opened one
  • Neroa65Neroa65 Posts: 302 ★★
    edited March 2018
    Are you idiot?

They wil not ereduce the amount of 5 star crystal needed becouse some people may open their 5 star crystals before KABAM announces this and they will lose 1 5 star crystal
    Instead they will give us more 5 star shards IF they decide something like that

No thank you kind Sir, I am no idiot. Although following the contents of your comments, I'm not sure whether to be amused by your English or your manners.. Both are terrifying anyway.

Now let's correct a few things. I have no idea what ereduce means. So some people opening 5* crystal before Kabam announces such a change is your reason? Please that's not even a remotely valid reason as long as such a change is announced at least a week before said change.

You said they'd rather give us more shards. Let's be frank here. They've done that already. Hey maybe if you read my entire post you'd have noticed I mentioned it. If they kept increasing the amount of shards they gave, it'd be downright absurd and would look silly. The next best thing is to reduce the amount of shards needed and not by much, at most by half.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions and ideas. I personally wouldn't go asking them whether they're idiots because they voiced said opinions. That's just plain rude and by an arm's length, idiocy itself.

Neither have I. That's why I think the original Featured crystal with an increased chance to drop one champ should be reintroduced and the shards needed for this crappy new one, reduced a bit.
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    New featured crystal is so garbage that I wouldn't open it even if it was cheaper than basic, which is garbage as well btw just not as garbage as featured
    New featured crystal is so garbage that I wouldn't open it even if it was cheaper than basic, which is garbage as well btw just not as garbage as featured

The whole garbage thing is why it should be reduced. :D:D:D
  • actually I don't get those featured crystals at all, you're paying 50% more of arguably the most valuable shards (since 6* shards are just a fantasy for most players) for a slightly more narrow pool of possible characters? That's a bit much, and as a player I can tell you now I wouldn't ever consider it unless I already has almost all characters in the roster in 5*. This being even 12,500 instead would make it a much more attractive option and could coax many players to "waste" their shards and slow their general progress in hopes of getting a certain character, more often, which honestly sometimes feels like the Kabam MO.
    420sam wrote: »
    I like the idea, but two things:
    1. They have already addressed it and said they have no intention of changing the amount of shards needed for any of the shard crystals right now.
    2. Any potential changes that they make to shards needed for these crystals will probably come with some form of trade-off like them lowering the amounts of them you can get from future monthly event quests, arenas, and new in-game purchase offers.

Whatever it comes with, my main point giving rise to those ideas is that those crystals are not worth the shards.. Or rather to be more precise, what you get from the current crystals are not worth the amount of effort it takes to build up the amount of shards you need for the champ you're most likely to pull from these crystals.
    Some might argue that basic is worth it, after all blade, etc is now in there. But let's face it, the odds of you pulling a "god tier" champ is extremely slim (even if the chances for all champs in crystal is equal) which is why I think they should consider reducing the amount of shards needed.

Reintroducing the old featured 5* crystal imo, would make building or saving those shards worth it again.
    Yeah Mate..... That Aint Gonna Fly

Who knows? It's not like it'd hurt to say it out at the very least.
  • TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★

Given the limited number of views and comments and especially given the lack of a moderator or administrator even chiming in I think this thread will not achieve any of what you propose or hope for.
    Neroa65 wrote: »

Given the limited number of views and comments and especially given the lack of a moderator or administrator even chiming in I think this thread will not achieve any of what you propose or hope for.

If I noticed anything in this forum, the mods hardly chime in unless its a thread about a confirmed bug, or maybe the thread is in the wrong section or perhaps it's a discussion thread about a prior announcement where they actually do need to reply to questions people are asking.

As for views, I'm absolutely sure it only needs to be viewed by a moderator to even achieve anything and comments well, I've seen worse. If anything the few comments (yours inclusive) proves that it's not a bad idea.
  • TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★

If I noticed anything in this forum, the mods hardly chime in unless its a thread about a confirmed bug, or maybe the thread is in the wrong section or perhaps it's a discussion thread about a prior announcement where they actually do need to reply to questions people are asking.

As for views, I'm absolutely sure it only needs to be viewed by a moderator to even achieve anything and comments well, I've seen worse. If anything the few comments (yours inclusive) proves that it's not a bad idea.

No, it is actually a pretty terrible idea. The higher cost of the crystals is quite effective. Active players over 200k in rating can easily achieve a 5* crystal per month.

And if this were an idea that a moderator actually liked then at best you get the response "I will take this to the game team" which is the code word for "let's bury this in the grave yard."
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    Can keep suggesting ideas but no matter how good they are they will most likely not listen unfortunately.
  • IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    Can keep suggesting ideas but no matter how good they are they will most likely not listen unfortunately.

As a player who averages over 15k 5* shards per month a reduction in the cost of these crystals would be awesome. But I think the fear that Kabam would have is how it affects the balance of the game.
    edited March 2018

No, it is actually a pretty terrible idea. The higher cost of the crystals is quite effective. Active players over 200k in rating can easily achieve a 5* crystal per month.

And if this were an idea that a moderator actually liked then at best you get the response "I will take this to the game team" which is the code word for "let's bury this in the grave yard."

I disagree with you about it being a terrible idea. I'd bet you're actually speaking from the perspective of a high tier player. As in you're one. Saying it's "easy" for a player above 200K to form one shard a month doesn't actually cut it because you're only talking about players at that level. And who knows what you actually mean by easy. I know it takes a lot of effort to get it up to 10K (Arena grinding, EQ, AW and such) and then you pull ****. What about the non spenders who can't buy crystal deals and such? What about players that are actually below 200K and are not in top tier alliances? How would you feel after getting that 1 5* crystal a month like you said and then pulled Jane Foster, knowing fully well you need another month to gather shards to have another shot at a slim chance of getting a good champ? You probably dunno, lemme tell you that feeling makes you wanna quit.

So I still think it's a good idea even if you don't. Well everyone is entitled to their opinions.

I disagree with you about it being a terrible idea. I'd bet you're actually speaking from the perspective of a high tier player. As in you're one. Saying it's "easy" for a player above 200K to form one shard a month doesn't actually cut it because you're only talking about players at that level. And who knows what you actually mean by easy. I know it takes a lot of effort to get it up to 10K (Arena grinding, EQ, AW and such) and then you pull ****. What about the non spenders who can't buy crystal deals and such? What about players that are actually below 200K and are not in top tier alliances? How would you feel after getting that 1 5* crystal a month like you said and then pulled Jane Foster, knowing fully well you need another month to gather shards to have another shot at a slim chance of getting a good champ? You probably dunno, lemme tell you that feeling makes you wanna quit.

So I still think it's a good idea even if you don't. Well everyone is entitled to their opinions.

Also you should know, I'm well above 400K and getting about 15 - 20K shards a month and I still think this is a good idea.