Options

Does Phoenix need to be buffed?

Comments

• Options
    CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    Nebula wrote: »
    Lemme just bring in other cosmics

Angela= Up to 3 buffs in Fury or Precision or Armor Up by controlling your power bar
    Drax = Chop away to gain powerful furies and inflicts devastating bleeds
    Hyperion= stand still build you power. USe l1 to apply powerful bleeds. Use one heavy to get 1-5 furies. l2 to stun and armor break. l3 if you want to regen/cosmic charge. Simple to use, but quite effective.
    Sym Spidey= Use l2 for major damage, and chop away for high crits and weakness

Phoenix= Parry. heavy. parry. heavy. parry. heavy. parry heavy. build to 10 furies. use l1. quick, get in to apply incinerates. Oh, I'm hitting 10 furies gotta get in their and get armor break in. Parry again. Armor break. Oh, need another armor break. parry, parry, parry. Oh ****, I wanna regen gotta kill myself now. And then the parry heavy continues. Ooh gotta l2. Yay, 8 charges. now gotta kill myself. *stand still trying to get smashes* c'mon,c'mon just hit me already. And then by the time the ai hits you, your in overload and regened absolutely nothing.

That's not how I use her. But sure, say how you don't utilize her, then say everyone fights like you so she sucks. That works, too.
  • Options
    NebulaNebula Posts: 163
    Buff Phoenix
    Phoenix isn't as bad as the ultimate garbage tier champs but she's down there close enough for sure. She might be great for guys messing around in low level content, but for most people in the high end content, i have never seen her used in Tier 1-2 AW, map 5-6 AQ, and have never witnessed anyone say, "Bro, Phoenix is a beast in Act 5.1 and 5.2." Where exactly do you go around perfecting her charges to unleash them on the poor AI? Lmao. I mean, if you got absolutely nothing else to use, okay but so many would be more useful than her, especially drax, everyday of the week.

Okay, many champs aren't good for high-level content, but there are so many like Luke Cage that aren't even good for low-level content. When we complain about average champs needing buffed, people get mad that actual BAD champs don't get buffed. Like this 13.0 update where Civil Warrior was buffed and Ant-Man wasn't. People got really mad because somewhat good champs are getting buffed before bad ones.

ant man serves his purpose in alliance war defense. phoenix cannot even do that. at this point you just seem like you want to argue with anyone who states otherwise.

You're the one arguing. I said that she's really not too bad. I like her, you don't. That's fine. Many need buffed more than her. Ant-Man isn't better than her. If you think so, sorry, I can't help you.

If you think Phoenix is good, move on. Vote your no and leave. No point hijacking threads.
  • Options
    No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    Buff Phoenix
    Phoenix isn't as bad as the ultimate garbage tier champs but she's down there close enough for sure. She might be great for guys messing around in low level content, but for most people in the high end content, i have never seen her used in Tier 1-2 AW, map 5-6 AQ, and have never witnessed anyone say, "Bro, Phoenix is a beast in Act 5.1 and 5.2." Where exactly do you go around perfecting her charges to unleash them on the poor AI? Lmao. I mean, if you got absolutely nothing else to use, okay but so many would be more useful than her, especially drax, everyday of the week.

Okay, many champs aren't good for high-level content, but there are so many like Luke Cage that aren't even good for low-level content. When we complain about average champs needing buffed, people get mad that actual BAD champs don't get buffed. Like this 13.0 update where Civil Warrior was buffed and Ant-Man wasn't. People got really mad because somewhat good champs are getting buffed before bad ones.

Yeah but why would I bother using Phoenix when o could use better champs even in low level content? I guess that's my point. For me she has no purpose on my roster except maybe prestige but that's soon going to be in the rear view mirror. Antman can at least be a viable option in AWD. But I don't know why you are arguing against bugging her? Wouldn't that just benefit all the players? I mean leave the prioritization of buff to the game team, you're wasting brain cells thinking like them for them for free.
  • Options
    She needs to be on par with Drax or Anglela, if not Hyperion. All the comic powerhouses such as Dormammu and Thor are quite powerful and Phoenix, who's stronger than both gets left in the dust. Her special damage needs to be increased as well. Only her l3 hits hard.

The problem is it's all subjective. It's based on who you prefer. Naturally we will want our favorite Champs to be OP. The thing is, it's a game full of Superheroes and Villains. They're all strong in their own right, outside of the game.
    The game won't always reflect the Comics. I actually find her to be quite useful. Some Champs take more time to build their power than others. Take Angela for example. When she came out, everyone complained. Then they saw her output when she stacks Buffs.
    Carnage seems to be the latest that has people disappointed. I've been using him and I haven't drawn all formal conclusion yet, but he is quite useful with a combination of High and Specials. His Bleed stacks after firing a High and a Special. I'll have to spend more time with him before I form an opinion, but I also think one of the reasons people are upset is because they had an idea of how he should be.
    From a Development perspective, it's not only preference to consider. When they create a Champ, there is overall balance and placement among other Champs to consider. It's actually quite a detached process. Of course they're aware of who we want, but in terms of Abilities, it has to have a place and a balance to it all. One could read the Comics and watch the Movies and expect a Champ to be the be-all, end-all. The problem is there is a whole other framework to consider.
    Quite simply, if they buffed every Champ we liked, there would be alot less overall balance.

im not saying i want her 12.0 scarlet witch. I just think she shouldn't be kamala khan and crappy iron man combined.

Not sure I can agree with that comparison. I make more use of her.

May I ask what rank she is of yours, whether she is a four star, where you are in the game, have you finished act5/rtlol/etc?

That has nothing to do with it. I have all 3 you mentioned. She's not the same as IP and Embiggen. Not by far. She takes time to build Fury. Get to 5+ and she's great. 10 and she hits like a truck. I think you're exaggerating.

Exactly. She is very hard to control, but still good. To start the fight, she's not good. As time goes on, though, she becomes a wrecking ball. She averages out to be pretty good in my opinion.

She's good for like 10 seconds. And have you seen her signature? You need to time your DEATH in order for it to work...

It doesn't take skill to time that. 95% of her gameplay, she's got a Phoenix Charge or two. Again, let yourself get hit another couple times to trigger it or fight better to keep them off of you until you regain the charges. She may only be good for 10 seconds, but she's bad for only 10 as well. That meets in the middle to make an average champ. Complain about bad characters like Ant-Man or Black Bolt needing buffed, not an average-good champ like Phoenix.

May I please see your in game name bc I want to know who is talking before I take them seriously.

Hahaha. I'm CrusherOfDreams. I don't have to have beaten 5.2 to have a valid opinion lol. Phoenix isn't great, but she's not that bad either.

I'm not saying your opinion isn't valid. Phoenix isn't great; she's one step above abom and gwen I'll give you that. But there are multiple threads to buff them and when Phoenix was originally released many wanted her buffed, but then Kabam closed it.

See, I think she's like 5 steps above them. Below Wolverine and Rhino. That's where our opinions differ.
  • Options

ant man serves his purpose in alliance war defense. phoenix cannot even do that. at this point you just seem like you want to argue with anyone who states otherwise.

You're the one arguing. I said that she's really not too bad. I like her, you don't. That's fine. Many need buffed more than her. Ant-Man isn't better than her. If you think so, sorry, I can't help you.

If you think Phoenix is good, move on. Vote your no and leave. No point hijacking threads.

It's not hijacking to say I disagree lol. You asked if someone needed buffed, and I told you why I thought they didn't. Then you disputed me, we got into a debate, and I've hijacked this conversation? Lol, this is what the conversation is supposed to be. If you don't want controversy, don't make a poll where people are split.
  • Options
    Buff Phoenix

It's not hijacking to say I disagree lol. You asked if someone needed buffed, and I told you why I thought they didn't. Then you disputed me, we got into a debate, and I've hijacked this conversation? Lol, this is what the conversation is supposed to be. If you don't want controversy, don't make a poll where people are split.
    they're not split, people want her buffed.
  • Options
    Buff Phoenix
    Lemme just bring in other cosmics

Angela= Up to 3 buffs in Fury or Precision or Armor Up by controlling your power bar
    Drax = Chop away to gain powerful furies and inflicts devastating bleeds
    Hyperion= stand still build you power. USe l1 to apply powerful bleeds. Use one heavy to get 1-5 furies. l2 to stun and armor break. l3 if you want to regen/cosmic charge. Simple to use, but quite effective.
    Sym Spidey= Use l2 for major damage, and chop away for high crits and weakness

Phoenix= Parry. heavy. parry. heavy. parry. heavy. parry heavy. build to 10 furies. use l1. quick, get in to apply incinerates. Oh, I'm hitting 10 furies gotta get in their and get armor break in. Parry again. Armor break. Oh, need another armor break. parry, parry, parry. Oh ****, I wanna regen gotta kill myself now. And then the parry heavy continues. Ooh gotta l2. Yay, 8 charges. now gotta kill myself. *stand still trying to get smashes* c'mon,c'mon just hit me already. And then by the time the ai hits you, your in overload and regened absolutely nothing.

That's not how I use her. But sure, say how you don't utilize her, then say everyone fights like you so she sucks. That works, too.

I'm sure using her on map 2 is fun. Maybe you can beat heroic with her sometime!
  • Options
    edited June 2017

Yeah but why would I bother using Phoenix when o could use better champs even in low level content? I guess that's my point. For me she has no purpose on my roster except maybe prestige but that's soon going to be in the rear view mirror. Antman can at least be a viable option in AWD. But I don't know why you are arguing against bugging her? Wouldn't that just benefit all the players? I mean leave the prioritization of buff to the game team, you're wasting brain cells thinking like them for them for free.

Um, if you don't have better champs. Some champs are better, some are worse. No need to say that if someone is worse, they need to become better. If I have a 4* Groot, and that's my only 4*, I'll use him even though he sucks. Because he's a 4 star. If you have better people, use them. I just don't think she should be buffed unless we're buffing those below her first.
  • Options
    Buff Phoenix

Um, if you don't have better champs. Some champs are better, some are worse. No need to say that if someone is worse, they need to become better. If I have a 4* Groot, and that's my only 4*, I'll use him even though he sucks. Because he's a 4 star. If you have better people, use them. I just don't think she should be buffed unless we're buffing those below her first.

You just stated that the only reason you would use her is if you didn't have anyone better lol
  • Options

Yeah and some obvious don't. GroundedWisdom and I don't want her buffed, but you and No_More_Heroes do. That's 2 on each side. That is the definition of split.
  • Options
    Buff Phoenix

Yeah and some obvious don't. GroundedWisdom and I don't want her buffed, but you and No_More_Heroes do. That's 2 on each side. That is the definition of split.

do u need help? the poll shows 14 people want her buffed while 6 do not. Just bc people don't want to comment doesn't mean that you automatically won.
  • Options

You just stated that the only reason you would use her is if you didn't have anyone better lol

That's the only reason you would use anyone. If you have someone better, you wouldn't use the person. Duh. I'm not claiming that Phoenix is the best in the game, so of course I'd use better people if I had them. I'm just saying that she's high enough that she doesn't need bumped up more.
  • Options
    Buff Phoenix

That's the only reason you would use anyone. If you have someone better, you wouldn't use the person. Duh. I'm not claiming that Phoenix is the best in the game, so of course I'd use better people if I had them. I'm just saying that she's high enough that she doesn't need bumped up more.

Well obviously a lot of people do not think she is high enough..
  • Options

do u need help? the poll shows 14 people want her buffed while 6 do not. Just bc people don't want to comment doesn't mean that you automatically won.

Sry, forgot to check that part lol. But still, 20 people voted. 6 of 20 are on one side. That's 30%. 30% and 70% is still a split, just not right down the middle. It's still the definition of split, since there is more than one side, I just haven't really used polls often and forgot to check that thing.
  • Options
    Buff Phoenix
    I don't necessarily think she needs buffed, just made easier to use. The Phoenix Charges and Fury is really hard to control since gaining too many of one cancels out the other.

thats what a buff is

Change doesn't necessarily mean buff.

Making someone easier to use= buff.
  • Options
    Buff Phoenix

Sry, forgot to check that part lol. But still, 20 people voted. 6 of 20 are on one side. That's 30%. 30% and 70% is still a split, just not right down the middle. It's still the definition of split, since there is more than one side, I just haven't really used polls often and forgot to check that thing.

last time I checked a split was 50 50. Go ahead, tell my teachers that if I do 6/20 assignments that it's a split and I should receive credit for that course.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,296 ★★★★★
    No, Phoenix is fine

Well, it's not that I'm against her being buffed. I just don't think she needs it. Part of the skill of playing is getting to know how to maximize a Champ's mechanics. Many Champs have different ways of building their strength. Not every Champ will be strong from the beginning of a Fight. The ones that are pretty much have that going for them and that's about it. She's better for Fights that will take some time. Not every Champ will be viable for every part of the game.
  • Options

And? I'm sure there's a guy out there who thinks Star Lord is the worst in the game and needs buffed. People have differing opinions. I differ from you this time. This is a discussion about why or why not she needs buffed, not "well, people agree with me so I'm definitely right".
  • Options
    Buff Phoenix

Well, it's not that I'm against her being buffed. I just don't think she needs it. Part of the skill of playing is getting to know how to maximize a Champ's mechanics. Many Champs have different ways of building their strength. Not every Champ will be strong from the beginning of a Fight. The ones that are pretty much have that going for them and that's about it. She's better for Fights that will take some time. Not every Champ will be viable for every part of the game.

thanks for your opinion websnatcher.
  • Options
    Buff Phoenix

And? I'm sure there's a guy out there who thinks Star Lord is the worst in the game and needs buffed. People have differing opinions. I differ from you this time. This is a discussion about why or why not she needs buffed, not "well, people agree with me so I'm definitely right".
    yeah but if someone made a poll wanting starlord buffed im like 100% sure he wouldnt get 14 votes saying "yes".
  • Options

last time I checked a split was 50 50. Go ahead, tell my teachers that if I do 6/20 assignments that it's a split and I should receive credit for that course.

Split (verb):
    Divide into two or more groups.

And, FYI, doing 30% of your problems will get you and F just like doing 50% will.
  • Options
    X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★
    Buff Phoenix
    She's the queen of marvel. She deserves to be better
  • Options
    Buff Phoenix

Split (verb):

And, FYI, doing 30% of your problems will get you and F just like doing 50% will.

Majority is ruling in favor of a buff; you and Websnatcher are ruling against. Call it split, but do not say that you speak for the majority.
  • Options

yeah but if someone made a poll wanting starlord buffed im like 100% sure he wouldnt get 14 votes saying "yes".

Majority vote doesn't make something right. People used to think that Earth was flat. That's not true. Donald Trump won the Electoral Vote while Hillary Clinton won the Popular Vote, but Hillary didn't win because Trump played the electoral game better. You have people who agree with you, so go you. Phoenix could use a buff, but she doesn't need one. That's why I technically haven't put in a vote.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,296 ★★★★★
    edited June 2017
    No, Phoenix is fine
    If you open a Poll, you can't expect to argue and insult everyone that doesn't agree with your views. That's what makes it a Poll and not a dictatorship.
  • Options

Split (verb):

Majority is ruling in favor of a buff; you and Websnatcher are ruling against. Call it split, but do not say that you speak for the majority.

When did I say I speak for the majority? I said we have differing opinions, and you can't force yours down my throat.
  • Options
    Buff Phoenix

Majority vote doesn't make something right. People used to think that Earth was flat. That's not true. Donald Trump won the Electoral Vote while Hillary Clinton won the Popular Vote, but Hillary didn't win because Trump played the electoral game better. You have people who agree with you, so go you. Phoenix could use a buff, but she doesn't need one. That's why I technically haven't put in a vote.

aaaaand you just said that Donald Trump was the best option, i'm done with you
  • Options

thanks for your opinion websnatcher.

That awkward moment when someone who disagreed with you actually partially agrees with you so you can't argue with them so you just yell at them.
  • Options

aaaaand you just said that Donald Trump was the best option, i'm done with you

I said he won. Read better.
  • Options
    Buff Phoenix
    If you open a Poll, you can't expect to argue and insult everyone that doesn't agree with your views. That's what makes it a Poll and not a dictatorship.

I can expect people to be open minded, something that you and crusher lack...