**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

AI hit points/life percentage,baiting, and evading into the wall.

Is there coding in game that causes the AI to not bait say...when above 2 bars of power or 25% health? Something like that? I bet there are many factors but geezus'.
Something i've noticed after pushing hundreds of enemies above 2 bars and evading into the wall for at least 30 seconds each time. I am pretty sure this is mostly an arena thing and i actually get a good laugh every time i do it and dont lose the streak.
The AI needs to have very specific conditions to happen to use their specials,maybe depending on the streak? Classy lol...it makes the game look kinda broken and amateur and of course is frustrating. Or are we supposed to be evading into the wall forever to show how skilled we are and its all copacetic and working as intended??

Comments

• Options
    SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    It is an arena problem, and it has been happening for a while now. The AI will not take baits no matter what you do. They eventually get to SP3 and destroy you. Sometimes they won’t even use SP3. It is a guessing game. As usual, it is not based on skill. It is based on AI luck.
  • Options
    B_mikeB_mike Posts: 35
    no problem with the ai
    u still can bait sp2 anytime in arena
  • Options
    silverseraphsilverseraph Posts: 133
    it's possible but not probable that you will bait anything in arena in my experience but I dunno, I am on android so im a bit turned off on it anyways and dont trust the game developers not to micromanage or tweak the game and document it every single time,i dont appreciate the oh-so-convenient lag and connection issues, so i am probably a little soured towards any changes theyve made to tune it up.
  • Options
    dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    Arena before you hit infinite streak (15+) have soft All-or-Nothing nodes. It's been that way since forever.

Arena after you hit infinite streak have proper AI, and baiting is never a problem, barring certain power gain champs like Hypy.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    dkatryl wrote: »
    Arena before you hit infinite streak (15+) have soft All-or-Nothing nodes. It's been that way since forever.

Arena after you hit infinite streak have proper AI, and baiting is never a problem, barring certain power gain champs like Hypy.

youre joking right? i know about the streak i grind arenas all the time; but there's definitely been some tuning this past year, if you dont see it youre probably out of touch or so far ahead of the curve that it doesnt matter to you to finish fights quickly to attain higher arena scores with a non maxed out account and no suicides, do you like evading into the wall for seriously 30 seconds and for this to be normal? thats my main point here.
  • Options
    HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    These are all assumptions, but I think the AI has an aggressive meter that determines how often they will dash-in/throw specials rather than block. This is evidenced by the ‘aggression’ node that says AI will be more aggressive. The AI also probably has a ‘chance to activate specials’ meter when they are at a decision-making position to either dash-in, activate special, block, etc. This is evidenced by Stark Spidey’s taunts and All-or-nothing nodes.

In arena fights 1-17, the aggression is way lower hence why they don’t launch specials often. Even when they get to 3 bars there are times they never launch it at all. If you are having trouble baiting specials, I suggest hitting them once or hitting into their block as I think this might increase their ‘chance to activate specials’ meter rather than you standing there and just dodging back.
  • Options
    yes i tend to agree with an aggression meter idea there,seems like theres more factors at play than just simple power levels,no doubt .Also i use many methods to bait-heavys,everything on dork lessons ninja videos,quick blocks all over the screen, certain champs that will punish them if they dont bait in a needful situation,pausing game, closing the game and hoping i get a saved match lol i am still adapting to their modifications but thatll be a forever thing depending on how they choose to develop the game.
  • Options
    PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    dkatryl wrote: »

youre joking right? i know about the streak i grind arenas all the time; but there's definitely been some tuning this past year, if you dont see it youre probably out of touch or so far ahead of the curve that it doesnt matter to you to finish fights quickly to attain higher arena scores with a non maxed out account and no suicides, do you like evading into the wall for seriously 30 seconds and for this to be normal? thats my main point here.

Sorry, but he’s exactly right and you’re wrong. Arena has always worked this way until you hit a streak of 15 and you finish with the Kang/Thanos teams.

As to why specials are so hard to bait, I think that’s obvious. It’s to prevent you from building an infinite streak with the wrong (weak) champs.

If you can reliably bait specials, you can take down maxed out champs with unlevelled champs, all you need is skill and patience. If it’s all or nothing, however, then you need the correct high health/damage champ for the fight, otherwise you’re on course to lose your streak (the only other solution is a power drainer/locker).

For this reason, bringing under-levelled champs at certain points of building your streak will result in the “death squads” that will sit on their power until they annihilate you with a single SP3.

Nothing has changed, in the 5* featured arena it can particularly suck as you end up fighting maxed out 6*s with huge health pools and a reluctance to bait, but it’s always been this way.
  • Options
    haha wow well that was a waste; no one is hearing me on evading into the wall being a good thing for the game going forward,even when you're not aggressive, and even though it is pretty fun when youre in the mood for it :P. It's going in circles with wasted keystrokes now, just close this thread please, im clearly not getting thru'- haha.