**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AW Broken Synergies deserve compensation

EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
The fact this problem hasn’t been remedied by now is completely ridiculous. Champs only have a limited lifespan an as effective defenders and diversity forces many to the bench now that it’s a critical component of war. So players who spent and grinded for the dark empowerment trio for example were completely short changed now that Mordo and hood are effectively useless defenders now. Is this fair to the players that champs never worked and are now being phased out of the meta ?? No that’s trash and it’s time for Kabam to start making good on these broken products they have been selling.

Comments

• danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    Who would get the compensation and what would it be?
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    danielmath wrote: »

Lots of players spent considerable money on feature crystals and 5* shard offers to obtain and awaken. Why wouldn’t players be entitled to compensation for a product that has never worked as advertised.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    EvilEmpire wrote: »

Lots of players spent considerable money on feature crystals and 5* shard offers to obtain and awaken. Why wouldn’t players be entitled to compensation for a product that has never worked as advertised.

How would you go about determining who to give compensation to? Would you do a poll saying who Grinded for these champions for this synergy? All those who tick yes get compensation. It’s just not feasible. I got Hood from one of his crystals way back when, does that mean I could claim I spent those units to try and get him?
  • KyndrannaKyndranna Posts: 38
    Tell you what right after pure skill gets their compensation
    Kyndranna wrote: »
    Tell you what right after pure skill gets their compensation

Yes this is exactly the same type of situation, any honourable company would find a way to do right by its paying customers but for some reason Kabam thinks it’s ok to keep sweeping problems under the rug. This is not an acceptable business practice and it needs to stop.

You didn't answer either question I asked, you just wrote random words
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    I think you are missing the other side of this. Both teams have to fight champs with synergies. It doesn’t really effect the outcomes aw. Also, paying for a champ for defense isn’t something most people do. Only the blubberiest of the whales would do that. The occasional spender wouldn’t pay or grind for a champ that he will only use in defense. I usually want champs hat I will have fun playing not something I just throw in defense every other day.

It should still be fixed though but I enjoy not fighting dorms that can be revived

It’s not a simple question to answer, some players could be in for hundreds/thousands of dollars. Kabam has never been in the business of returning large quantities of units but maybe they should be, pure skill is another such example where they should have refunded units.

It’s not a simple question to answer, some players could be in for hundreds/thousands of dollars. Kabam has never been in the business of returning large quantities of units but maybe they should be, pure skill is another such example where they should have refunded units.

pure skill no doubt, that should have been refunded
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    I think you are missing the other side of this. Both teams have to fight champs with synergies. It doesn’t really effect the outcomes aw. Also, paying for a champ for defense isn’t something most people do. Only the blubberiest of the whales would do that. The occasional spender wouldn’t pay or grind for a champ that he will only use in defense. I usually want champs hat I will have fun playing not something I just throw in defense every other day.

It should still be fixed though but I enjoy not fighting dorms that can be revived

I don’t think your point of view is relivent to be honest. A broken product is a broken product. Serious players invest in the new champs to gain an edge in war which is what offers the best rewards. Champs that have a chance to respawn after death sure sounds like a good synergy for war but it doesn’t work at all. It’s not like that information has been distributed very freely either. New champs are still being made with AWD geared synergies and yet none work. Basically false advertising at this point.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

How would you go about determining who to give compensation to? Would you do a poll saying who Grinded for these champions for this synergy? All those who tick yes get compensation. It’s just not feasible. I got Hood from one of his crystals way back when, does that mean I could claim I spent those units to try and get him?
    @EvilEmpire what about this? How would you figure out who to compensate

@EvilEmpire what about this? How would you figure out who to compensate

As I said above I’m not sure what’s fair exactly, they probably have a record of all the unit transactions that have take place on each account. It wouldn’t cost them any actual money out of pocket to refund or atleast partially refund units. Manufacturers issue recalls all the time for products that don’t meet a variety of criteria so I don’t understand why offering up some units or shards would be out of the question (considering its not a physical product and spent cost any money to give). To be honest I don’t understand how they haven’t been hit with a class action lawsuit for the pure skill debacle that was hiway robbery.
  • CodornasCodornas Posts: 542 ★★
    Screw compensation, they should just fix it, there s no reason for synergies not work on AW defense, its part of the strategy
    Codornas wrote: »
    Screw compensation, they should just fix it, there s no reason for synergies not work on AW defense, its part of the strategy

Yes I agree with that but what I’m saying is that some champs have been around for so long that they are no longer viable defenders and never worked as advertised in the first place. Simply fixing it at this point doesn’t right that wrong.
  • mahanmaxmahanmax Posts: 87
    Anyway that’s Kabam’s mistake for not making it clear. Many of my alliance members including me still believe synergy works in AWD until recently someone brought up the topic. I was just gonna take my 5* Hela and Angela to R3 just for Queen of Hell synergy in AWD. Gladly I didn’t waste my cats but I would defeniltey ask for compensation if I put Hela and Angela in AWD without realizing the synergy doesn’t work.
  • mahanmaxmahanmax Posts: 87
    btw this AWD synergy problem was brought by someone not long ago and Kabam employee replied with under investigation. But no more news until then.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    AW has been a cluster ever since they revamped it. From a bad scoring system to weak nodes and broken synergies. If it wasn't for season rewards we wouldn't care much about a win or lose. We had a win some lose some attitude prior to the change.
    But you're correct, there's no reason for synergies to be broken for this long. They should add some extra to season rewards proportional to the normal season rewards for everyone. I had ranked up champs just for synergies just like lots of people. I'm actually missing the Lofty Standards they used to have. That said I expect nothing from them, they broke it off in everyone over pure skill then made up a story about how it's more effective...smdh.