**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Gambit

I am kinda excited that I pulled a 5 star gambit, because he's my 1st mutant 5 star. But is he any good? Does he fit in the medium tier champs?

Comments

• Options
    Nick0609Nick0609 Posts: 71
    he trash
    im so sorry for ur pull
  • Options
    DRTODRTO Posts: 1,619 ★★★★★
    His sp1 stuns and he has some resistance to bleed but apart from that, there's nothing too special about him.
  • Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    He is not bad compared to others I like using my 5* Gambit
  • Options
    Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    Most people don't like him cause you gotta have a plan while using him, and not just tap the screen like with most champs.

Hold block for Kinetic Charges (max of 10) use a heavy to change them to Prowess Buffs and he gains an increase to special attack damage. With each Kinetic Charge he gains a 2% increase in ability accuracy.
  • Options
    shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Gambit is certainly NOT trash, don't feel sorry for your pull. Of course there are easier to use and stronger champs with higher damage output, or better utilities, and better immunity, and etc. Gambit is still a decent champs, it is upto your preference on his special abilities.
  • Options
    mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    he's ok. long stun on sp1. concussion on sp2. mutant's are arguably the best class, and gambit is in the middle behind storm, rouge, AA, Iceman, Wolverine, x23, now sabertooth and bishop, cyclops (both of them), nightcrawler, even old man logan, psylocke....heck i could go on and on. I once thought gambit was okay, but now am beginning to think he's just not.
  • Options
    AssumedNameAssumedName Posts: 580 ★★★
    Beethoven wrote: »
    I am kinda excited that I pulled a 5 star gambit, because he's my 1st mutant 5 star. But is he any good? Does he fit in the medium tier champs?

Yeah sry he sucks. Unlucky one, but congrats on first mutant I guess?
  • Options
    Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    I mean IF you can get the kinetic charges up he’s still not worth it.

Even in his own class he’s outclassed
    Damage: AA, Storm, Sabertooth, Bishop, X23, Sabertooth, Nightcrawler
    Sustainability: Cable, Wolvy, X23, Rogue, Sabertooth
    Resistance: Beast, Rogue, OML, Ice, Colossus, Sabertooth

Utility: Psylocke, Rogue, Wolvy, X23, AA, Iceman, Nightcrawler

AND in stun chaining Hulk and Ronan own that whole concept… and defensively he’s just sad
  • Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    mum_m2 wrote: »
    he's ok. long stun on sp1. concussion on sp2. mutant's are arguably the best class, and gambit is in the middle behind storm, rouge, AA, Iceman, Wolverine, x23, now sabertooth and bishop, cyclops (both of them), nightcrawler, even old man logan, psylocke....heck i could go on and on. I once thought gambit was okay, but now am beginning to think he's just not.

No mystic class is the best class they have the most utilities
  • Options
    Icecold2099Icecold2099 Posts: 577 ★★★
    He's not bad. Sometimes he works better than others depending on the AIs aggressiveness.

If they hot into your block it resets your charge. Once you get above 5-6 charges the AI doesn't attack normally so you can parry into a heavy attack to change your charges to get the SP benefit.

I like to run a sp1 stun lock once I have his charges converted. For me that seems to be the most beneficial.

He's good once you get used to him. I'm so not great with him, but I like playing with him since he's a change of pace from the standard MLLLM, parry, repeat fight.