**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The New Metas For This Game Are Making It Less Fun

edited April 2018 in General Discussion
As you all can see, any champion since probably around may or so of 2017, we’ve gotten these brand new types of synergies. Now some are actually pretty nice and balanced while others are a spit in the face and saddening.

With these new champs coming in, we now have these ridiculous synergies that are being implemented. For example, the killmonger and winter soldier synergy, a 5* killmonger will add 5% of their attack per hit to any rarity of winter soldier, now this is cool right?

If you would see past this hype, you’d see that instead of the champion(winter soldier), being directly buffed/touched up on, he’s made better through a synergy. Also, after seeing black panther I still don’t see why they have a synergy, but anyway, this shouldn’t be how the game should continue. It is definitely bringing in more sales, because of these “interesting” synergies that make people’s champs better aswell as the pretty powerful champs that keep coming out. There are people who still have rank 4 5* winter soldiers, who couldn’t rank them down, now they see he can be better, but they have to pull a certain champ first...why?

Now to bring light to the weird champs chosen for these synergies again from my comment above. An example here is the blade synergy with stark spider man, how are these two in any way associated? We don’t see them together in any of your short animated films and we didn’t see them together in the “Blades” event quest. Stark enhanced Spider-Man gives him 45% increased potency to an already pretty good amount to his damaged sense, it brings it up to an apparent 58% or so. Doesn’t make much sense to anybody in the community, we just know it’s awesome to use. The ghost rider one can make sense, but once again a champ is buffed through a synergy, blade gives him 100% chance to place all judgements, while ghost rider opens his danger sense to go to all villains(but it’s still pretty crazy btw).

The only synergies that should maybe seem like buffs are the void and sentry synergies, they’re split personalities that pretty much dislike each other and would make sense for them to get really good when paired.

But this new way of the game is pretty depressing. Let’s say I want my carnage buffed, I’ll probably see a new spider verse champion come out that gives him like 100% attack on crits or something. It isn’t right, it isn’t right that I need a champions to make another champion good, it shouldn’t feel like a mandatory thing, but like an extra thing to just add that isn’t needed. All these new champions have way too advanced abilities, while a lot of the old ones are being buried, you’ve only buffed around 3 champs since the start of this new era, please don’t let this continue for so long. It really isn’t right that a company like your self with so many resources to only be able to actually buff around 3 champs in that time without synergies, one of them being sentry who had so much backlash from his release.

P.S- it’s been 3 years and there’s still no reduel button, please don’t let this continue for so long either.

Comments

• Options
    Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    Wow first thing you've said on the forum that I agree with
  • Options
    Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    @ThatOneGuyOnTheForum

In regards to Winter Soldier have you seen Captain America Civil War?

You saw Black Panther but did you stay for post credit footage?

The Black Panther Comic has a character named White Wolf if you google that it will probably answer some of your questions.
  • Options
    HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    You said it yourself, these synergies are a way to make new champions more attractive without making them super OP. If you think about what people spend money on the most in this game, FGMC’s have to be on the top. Kabam is in the business of making money. They have to make the new champions desirable for all players, whether that be through prestige, utility, synergies, etc. This is a “free-to-play” game meaning in order for the game to continue on it needs to continue making money. This is not a game you purchase for $40 and then never spend again, in those games the developers don’t mind making changes to all champions more for balance. Kabam doesn’t really benefit from making changes to older champs because players don’t have a way to spend to acquire them (unless their arena comes up). They still do change older champs on occasion.