**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Alliance Quest Miniboss and Sentinel Refresh - April 2018 - Discussion Thread [Updated April 13]

Comments

• kmbell81kmbell81 Posts: 47
    I’m still trying to figure out my response to this. I run the debuff immune path in section two and I’m already getting trashed pretty bad on day two.

I think I have an idea but I’m afraid to share it here lest Kabam turn around and nerf the solutions I am thinking of.
  • ItsTheBroskiItsTheBroski Posts: 492 ★★
    phillgreen wrote: »
    This will sound harsh but isn't the usual advice given to everyone on the forum who has an issue with content difficulty to either "git gud" or "not all content is for all summoners blah blah blah"?

Seems to me, some might benefit from dropping a map down, you know, where the content suits their ability and roster?

The problem with most on here isn't skill. It's the fact that Kabam make AQ harder without bumping up the rewards you feel?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    I'm not entirely convinced the Rewards would make a difference. People would still be unhappy. Why? They're not as efficient at it as they were with the Syms. People don't like failing. Unfortunately, it's almost inevitable when trying something new. Players are proud. When they die or take Damage, they take it personally.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    I have also tried to offer suggestions to help people adapt....
    Ie try luke cage v mystic sentinel....
    Always try for class advanatage.....

Because regardless of how people feel about this chamge...
    It is here...
    And we need to work out how to best deal with it
  • KarakanliKarakanli Posts: 82
    edited April 2018
    Yes and I appreciated your suggestion approx 20 Pages ago. Thanks again for this, im serious here.

What I read on the last 15 pages looks to me like: everything is Said but Not by everybody...

So maybe its a good Moment to read something from kabams side?!?
    Maat1985 wrote: »

It is here...

I find Hulk smashes through them fairly well.
  • ItsTheBroskiItsTheBroski Posts: 492 ★★
    Maat1985 wrote: »

It is here...

The best thing to do is get used to it's animations. I can easily kill a 10k rating Sentinel with a 3k rating x-23 now. Before I couldn't and it was difficult, but now it's a lot easier. It's all about getting the animations down.
    Yeah timing to come in during / after a heavy through me at first.... but now i bait the heavy and then jump in for a combo it makes it alot easier....

Evading the sp2 is much eaiser the greater the distance between you and the sentinel. At close range it is quite challengeing asnthe rockets are very close together... further away you have more time between each rocket..
  • TonedefTonedef Posts: 137
    In a couple weeks we’ll all be better at fighting them, and totally bored of fighting nearly the exact same thing 25-50 times per week.
    Mhykke wrote: »
    I was looking forward to this change, now I see it’s awful.

Bleed immune champs take forever to take down a sentinel....and doing alternating attacks? Can’t imagine a less fun way to play. This is disgusting.

The worst 3.5 million health fights were more enjoyable than this.

I’m about ready to sell all the champs I can and quit. I’m not doing this five days a week.

You think they're hard now. Try selling all your Champs. XD

Seriously though, it will get easier.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    If a lot of the player base has trouble with Sentinels in AQ Kabam will make adjustments somewhere. For sure. We just have to wait.
    I feel like I’m getting hunted by some kinda anti-grav atomic-powered supervillain robots. I’m having nightmares of them just waiting for me to dash back so they can slide forward 0.001 seconds later and combo my face.
    My R4 5* Angela has been doing way better against them than my 5/50 Medusa. I’m surprised.
  • MhykkeMhykke Posts: 431 ★★★

Bleed immune champs take forever to take down a sentinel....and doing alternating attacks? Can’t imagine a less fun way to play. This is disgusting.

I’m about ready to sell all the champs I can and quit. I’m not doing this five days a week.

It’s not that it’s hard. It’s no fun. Read my post again. Fights in labyrinth against mobs with 3.4 million health and hard enigmatics are hard fights....but they’re fun.

These sentinel fights are mind numbingly boring.

• raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    Alliances have to review the member's lane assignments in AQ and validate against their rosters. It's become essential now that we take in at least two champs that can handle Sentinels and one champ that clears the usual nodes in the lanes.

In the future it would be better if Kabam rolled out a small pilot first to see how this goes vs doing a roll out like this without really knowing the repercussions.

It's NOT A BIG deal per se but it's very clear that little thought and planning was done around this. And the comments and reactions on this thread validate whatever the general sentiment against this "mini Change" has done to AQ before the full refresh.

It’s not that it’s hard. It’s no fun. Read my post again. Fights in labyrinth against mobs with 3.4 million health and hard enigmatics are hard fights....but they’re fun.

These sentinel fights are mind numbingly boring.

26 pages says they can't be that boring. Lol.
    Tonedef wrote: »
    I feel like I’m getting hunted by some kinda anti-grav atomic-powered supervillain robots. I’m having nightmares of them just waiting for me to dash back so they can slide forward 0.001 seconds later and combo my face.
    My R4 5* Angela has been doing way better against them than my 5/50 Medusa. I’m surprised.

Should only be suprised to a point.... That angela has a huge difference in challenger rating when comapared with your medusa....
    I can’t remember the last time anyone in my BG was 100% dead before fighting Dormz. Even without losing my Angela because of Freeze-Lag I’m still in much worse shape than I usually would be at this point on Day 5. I guess I ought to start doing the Halls of Boredom again.
    mcqhmnc4kmx6.png
    Tonedef wrote: »
    I can’t remember the last time anyone in my BG was 100% dead before fighting Dormz. Even without losing my Angela because of Freeze-Lag I’m still in much worse shape than I usually would be at this point on Day 5. I guess I ought to start doing the Halls of Boredom again.
    mcqhmnc4kmx6.png

Of course cus fighting everything exactly the same, day in day out you get very good at it.....
    Now keep this screenshot.... next week take another.... next week take another..... and i dare say there will be improvement until one day we are fighting the sentieloids with no problem.
    edited April 2018
    Ladies and gentlemen...

I still use by x23/wolvie for Map5 pathes 4/7/4 and they are doing Great. Little adjustments in playing and they still work Fine against all talents debuffimmun or not. There are enough AVs, GPS and CBs and Even the sentinels to trigger Regeneration.
    But Never use them against mystic sentinels...

Am I an idiot? 😱
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Will she timeout on day 5 is the question
    edited April 2018
    We will know by saturday, though they didnt time out on debuff lane vs other champs on day5... 😉
    Karakanli wrote: »
    Ladies and gentlemen...

I still use by x23/wolvie for Map5 pathes 4/7/4 and they are doing Great. Little adjustments in playing and they still work Fine against all talents debuffimmun or not. There are enough AVs, GPS and CBs and Even the sentinels to trigger Regeneration.
    But Never use them against mystic sentinels...

Am I an idiot? 😱

If they still work for you then great......

You would be an idiot if they no longer worked and you kept trying them anyway
    edited April 2018
    @Maat1985 Thats for sure 😝

Short question: just had a fight with over 40 analysis charges.
    At 50 it stopped increasing furthermore though I should have caused increasing Counter by purposely double- or Even tripple-acting the same move. 🤔 Thought it should count up to 100???

Is this a change or has it always been like this in AQ? Thanks in advance!
  • It’s not the change that frustrates me. I can adapt. I can rank up different champs to be better equipped. But I don’t know how long this “refresh” is going to last. Is this just to bridge a few weeks until the next season? Is this going to run as long as a regular season now?

This week I was expecting rather a lot of excitement with the first round of aw season rewards. Instead, the general mood across all the allis I’m involved in is just deflated.

Some clarity on how long this is going to last - even just a ballpark - would go a long way to putting minds at ease. As so often, this is a communications issue.
    @Polderpommie i couldnt agree more. The silence on kabams side watching us discussing their „small update for something refreshing new in AQ“ on 20+x soon 30+x thread pages is one of the most irritating facts.
    Especially as they regularly state they want to keep us up to Date...
  • Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    just bump the rewards for aq soon so we can all fight in peace
    Karakanli wrote: »
    @Maat1985 Thats for sure 😝

Short question: just had a fight with over 40 analysis charges.
    At 50 it stopped increasing furthermore though I should have caused increasing Counter by purposely double- or Even tripple-acting the same move. 🤔 Thought it should count up to 100???

Is this a change or has it always been like this in AQ? Thanks in advance!

I noticed this exact thing happen v the sentineloids in the event quest also....
    It appears that it is designed as such....
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    Stop.
    Calling.
    Them.
    Sentineloids.

They're not symbioids that were essentially adaptoids with venom infusion.

They're Sentinels.
    Period.

I do not wish to see Sentineloids. Large hulking crossbreed Venom things. No thanks.

They're Sentinels.
    And they're fine bar the skill one. Skill one sucks donkey testes...
    A
    Bapoi wrote: »
    Stop.
    Calling.
    Them.
    Sentineloids.

They're not symbioids that were essentially adaptoids with venom infusion.

They're Sentinels.
    Period.

I do not wish to see Sentineloids. Large hulking crossbreed Venom things. No thanks.

They're Sentinels.
    And they're fine bar the skill one. Skill one sucks donkey testes...

jeez.... chill.... lol...

Only calling the sentineloids cus i think it sounds cool and differs them from the main sentinel....
    Sorry to offend you... lol...