**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

When does new 6* basic crystal come out and do all champs get replaced?

VerzzVerzz Posts: 535 ★★★
I thought I had saw something about this when it was initially announced but I can’t seem to find any information about how often the basic 6* crystal is going to be changed and if all the champs were to be replaced? If anyone has the info or link please let me know as I have searched for a while with no success. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    They never said and the only add champs to the crystal. They have never removed champs
  • Options
    Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    edited April 2018
    They've never removed champions from any crystal, they only add them in. The featured crystals that you may be referring to I think will keep the basic pool of champs but refreshes the featured champions
  • Options
    Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    I'm guessing he means featured and that's every 3 months I believe
  • Options
    Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Ah ok they don't remove champs and they haven't announced when they will start adding more to the 6* I'd imagine another couple months and they will prolly add so many of each class at a time so either 12 at a time 2 of each class until they are almost caught up to everyone released
  • Options
    Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    edited April 2018
    I opened my first one hoping for Luke Cage but got this...

o477hy259zc0.png
  • Options
    ItsTheBroskiItsTheBroski Posts: 492 ★★
    Spurgeo14 wrote: »
    I opened my first one hoping for Luke Cage but got this...

o477hy259zc0.png

If you get or have a killmonger then you'll be happy lol. Killmonger is a game changer for WS
  • Options
    When they started adding more to the 5* crystal when it came out I want to say it was 6 months after the release
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,670 Guardian
    Verzz wrote: »
    @DNA3000 I thought I saw some comment you had made on this from a long time ago but I couldn’t find it. If it wasn’t you I apologize but I’m really just trying to decide if I should open now, save for featured or wait to see the next pool of basics (if that is what they said they were doing).

I did a couple of analyses on the 5* featured crystal, both the original one and the new one. I haven't looked at the 6* crystal (mathematically). The new crystals are more difficult to summarize because there are all sorts of possibilities.

My recommendation in general is if the current 6* basic doesn't strike your fancy, I would wait. The pool of champs in the current basic crystal are mediocre, and it is more likely that the next basic will be better, or if not the featured crystal will be the better value proposition.

Given how hard it currently is to get 6* shards, in general I'd say wait until you are spending them on a crystal that at least 25%, and 33% would be better, of the contents are champions you actually want.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Verzz wrote: »
    Thank you for this - I pretty much agree with you here. What I was trying to ask though was if you remember seeing anything about them saying that they are going to change out all the champs in the basic when the new basic comes out? Like will all champs be different? I thought I read a thread about that before but I can not find it now but I thought I remember them saying that

They did not specifically state that they would change all the champs in the basic out, but they did say that no champ would show up twice in a row in consecutive basic 5* crystals which essentially implies that the next basic crystal will contain completely different champions. However, the third basic crystal could contain champs from the first alongside champions that had not yet appeared in either previous crystal. Whether this extends to the 6* crystal I do not recall.
  • Options
    Edit: correction: I conflated the new 5* featured crystal's basic pool with the 5* basic crystal. I will see if I can find more about the 6* crystal. Scratch what I said above: I don't want to edit it and have it potentially go into moderator limbo.
  • Options
    Okay, from what I can gather, the 6* featured crystal will function similar to the new 5* featured: it will contain the most recent six new champions and a basic pool of eighteen champions that should be different between crystals (but could contain champions that have shown up before, just not in the immediately previous crystal). The 6* basic crystal will most likely work like the 5* basic crystal: they will likely add champions to it, but not remove champions from it.

So your choice with 6* crystals is wait for Kabam to add more champions to the basic, or wait for the featured to basically be all different champions from the current featured.
  • Options
    X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★
    v5y815wny3dm.jpg