**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Civil Warrior: Misunderstood and Overlooked

KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
In my opinion, Civil Warrior is misunderstood and overlooked as he has some interesting utility.

- Heal block on heavy attack
- Lots of armor on L1
- Large amount of power drain on L2

Civil Warrior has some power control, healing control, and he can take a lot of block damage with his armor. Though he does not have a particularly great damage output, I believe that he has a lot of unique aspects about him that make him a usable champion.

What do you think?

Comments

• shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Totally agree
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Agree, solid and decent, not spicy and sexy.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    I use him a lot and actually enjoy using him because I know I can push my opponent all the way till L3 and then kick him down to L1 with power drain.

Just that I have so many other champs that do the same thing much better, which is why CW will always be arena fodder.
  • SirTodd_83SirTodd_83 Posts: 177
    You forgot one important thing about civil warrior that really makes him very useful, you did mention that has a heal block but you can have that up 100% of the time with his specials refreshing the heal block for double the time that you get from using his heavy
  • RicemanRiceman Posts: 216
    Somewhat a worse Vision, but arguably a more reliable heal blocker.
    Ghost Rider is a god teir I use him all the time and he is my top performer so stop dissing on my boy ghost Rider he can do much more than cw not only does he heal block and power drain, he can increase his attack, inflict bleed, regenerate, and cause degeneration so alot more utility than cw
  • RicemanRiceman Posts: 216
    Ghost Rider is a god teir I use him all the time and he is my top performer so stop dissing on my boy ghost Rider he can do much more than cw not only does he heal block and power drain, he can increase his attack, inflict bleed, regenerate, and cause degeneration so alot more utility than cw

chill bro nobody was dissing ghost rider
  • Taserface597Taserface597 Posts: 87
    edited April 2018
    U don’t like it when someone doesn’t share the same opinion. Grow up. And since when does GR degen? CW reduces ability accuracy reduction and doesn’t need to reset his abilities
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,346 ★★★★★
    I agree with all the above except the guy who seems to think saying one champ is good in some way implies a different champ isn't.

I mostly use his SP2/3 for power control, but with an aggressive fighting style and spamming SP1, Warrior's armour stacking can be surprisingly useful in long fights like RttL or Act 5; as you can stack up endless armour Passives which start to significantly reduce your opponent's offensive ability accuracy, and bleed/poison damage.

Apart from that, I particularly like CW's animations. He really looks at ease whilst fighting; and his spins and shield strikes seem much more natural than either other version of Steve Rogers.
  • Julius_SeizureJulius_Seizure Posts: 99
    U don’t like it when someone doesn’t share the same opinion. Grow up. And since when does GR degen? CW reduces ability accuracy reduction and doesn’t need to reset his abilities

IMO, Civil Warrior is a good champ, but comparing him to Ghost Rider is a (really far) stretch.

Civil Warrior can heal block, power drain, stack armor (not that useful with diminishing returns), and lower ability accuracy (takes a long time to set up to have an impact).

Ghost Rider can fate seal, power drain, power LOCK, bleed, and proc a strong fury. Not to mention he’s bleed immune, has far more attack than Civil Warrior, and the most powerful regeneration in the game.

It’s not even a fair comparison.
  • Julius_SeizureJulius_Seizure Posts: 99
    edited April 2018
    Also his sp3 judgement causes “degeneration,” and heal block ;)
  • IronFist34IronFist34 Posts: 386 ★★
    edited April 2018
    He’s a good champ. I don’t know how GR is considered god tier and they have about the same abilities and CW all 100% on his abilities and GR is only a chance. On top of it each armor reduces ability accuracy

If you don't know why, you don't own one. If you do own one, you aren't using him. If you are, you aren't using him right. Dude is awesome.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    In my opinion, Civil Warrior falls into a class of champs who have a fair amount of marginal utility...a jack of all trades, a master of none kind of scenario.

Civil Warrior, Punisher 2099, Beast, Rogue, Venompool, Neflix Daredevil, Karnak, and quite a few others fall into this class. They can do a lot, but there are other champs who outshine them.

As others have said, Civil Warrior can Power Drain and heal block, but both Visions are able to do each of these more effectively. Sure, Civil Warrior can reduce ability accuracy with his armor up, but Vision is bleed/poison immune. At the same star level, most would choose to rank Vision over CW.

Punisher 2099 is a swiss army knife. He can boost his attack output, reduce enemy power gain, power lock, "arc overload", guarantee hits on evasive champs, heal block, and stun. He can do all these things making him a very versatile champ who can win a lot of arena matchups. The issue is that there are champs available who can do each of these things better.

These champs are really fun to play. Beast and Punisher 2099 are 2 of my favorite champs. A lot of these characters would really shine if there was a game mode that only allowed 1 champ to go through it. However, you are usually allowed 3-5 champs, so people are able to bring more specialized champs to specific matchups, rendering champs like Civil Warrior fun to use, but largely obsolete.

As an aside, CW was a great defender on thorns nodes. Part of me wishes they'd put at least 1 thorns node back in AW. The other part of me is currently slapping that first part of me for saying that.
  • colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    Underrated and needs a buff.
  • MarriMarri Posts: 260 ★★
    I don't agree, because I don't think he is overlooked.

The majority of knowledgeable players know exactly what he is good for and use him accordingly. Unless they have champs that do the individual jobs better.

And that's his tragedy. He does a couple of things well, while there are champs who do those things better (power control: Vision, Magik / heal block: AA, Vision, or even guillotine for reversal / ability reduction: CB, AA, BW, Elektra).

His attack is mediocre too, by the way, won't say he is a wet noodle, but he's no real bosskiller either.

So does a whole lot of mediocre make for a good champ? Only if you have nothing better or if you need a specific combination of all his abilities in 1 fight.
    edited April 2018

First off when he uses his l3 the opponent goes into a little bit of degeneration as well as powerlock 2 don't tell me to grow up I am just sharing a different opinion in which you are getting all offended by and 3 cw may be a pretty good champion but gr will always be more useful and lastly if u think gr sucks you most likely don't have one his abilities trigger often enough and then majority of people agree he is good teir if you don't like him then fine your loss though
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    I think if his attack went up per permanent armor he would be a better choice for a lot of people. Wish they added that when the buffed him.
  • GazaGaza Posts: 17
    I like the way he fights.
    he fights the way (I believe) Captain America should.
  • ImmortalImmortal Posts: 323 ★★
    Morningstar and magik destroys him
  • flygamerflygamer Posts: 345 ★★
    edited April 2018
    Poor-mans Vision, but ok if you dont have vision
  • IronFist34 wrote: »
    He’s a good champ. I don’t know how GR is considered god tier and they have about the same abilities and CW all 100% on his abilities and GR is only a chance. On top of it each armor reduces ability accuracy

If you don't know why, you don't own one. If you do own one, you aren't using him. If you are, you aren't using him right. Dude is awesome.

Yep I’ve had the 4* since the day he came out from a featured crystal. Maxed him right away and was let down time after time when he doesn’t place judgements. He’s over rated cus of this. Yeah he’s good when he works but maybe I have bad rng with him cos most of the time he doesn’t place any of the judgements on the first time. And then u have to reset them with an L3. This is why he’s over rated. He’s a utility champ and having to reset them is why. U can’t just keep spamming L1 for date seal. He’s not even in the top 5 for mystics
    edited April 2018
    IronFist34 wrote: »

Yep I’ve had the 4* since the day he came out from a featured crystal. Maxed him right away and was let down time after time when he doesn’t place judgements. He’s over rated cus of this. Yeah he’s good when he works but maybe I have bad rng with him cos most of the time he doesn’t place any of the judgements on the first time. And then u have to reset them with an L3. This is why he’s over rated. He’s a utility champ and having to reset them is why. U can’t just keep spamming L1 for date seal. He’s not even in the top 5 for mystics

Huh I never had this problem in fact it rarely doesn't apply for me but u might have bad rng and also the resetting makes sense because he would be way too op if he could stack all the judgements and also if u want to seal yourself a date just be charming 😁
  • IronFist34 wrote: »

Huh I never had this problem in fact it rarely doesn't apply for me but u might have bad rng and also the resetting makes sense because he would be way too op if he could stack all the judgements and also if u want to seal yourself a date just be charming 😁

Why would he? Take DV for example. He can just keep spamming L1 and nullify anything while turning them to poison. His L2 he can do with an even combo and get 3 power burn then he can do an L2 with an even combo and power drain and burn them all at the same time. Most champs work this way. Magik doesn’t need to be resno other champ needs to
    edited April 2018
    With ghost Rider you could stack fate seal, bleed, powerlock, fury, health steal, and constantly power drain if his judgements were not limited however cool it would be if it didn't limit them he is fine just as is also his judgements have a greater chance to be placed on villains btw but if you are in a fight that lasts long you should be able to use the judgements multiple times if you are in a fight that is not going to last very long you shouldn't need them more than once. If you don't think he is worth god teir that is your opinion but I think he is. But u know ITS METAPHORICAL LOL
  • GabbrosGabbros Posts: 156
    Cw has one of the highest block proficiency.
    His sp2 powerdrain is nice.

His armor stack is great but in my opinion should last longer considering his sig effect.

Heal block with heavy is nice, but 5sec is short. Should be like 10sec like yondu’s healblock.
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    edited April 2018
    IronFist34 wrote: »

First of all I would like to start out by saying I love pun2099, vulture, sentry, and in my opinion are fun to play and decent champs. I will NOT pretend they are better than certain champs to boost my pride or my opinion.

However, the fact that you defend your opinion so much really takes away from the subjectivity of the concept and you are trying to prove objectivity in your opinion, an opinion which is objectively flawed (which is ok because it is meant to be subjective).

Good for you that you like CW better than GR (judging based on what your concerns are this is a conclusion that can be made). But please do not pretend he shares the same abilities (though similiar) and is better at the respective abilities (he is not, maybe healblocking he is but that's it).
    This is not my opinion, GR's abilities function much differently than CW's as you have been mistakenly convinced they do not function differently. <<<<this is objective not an opinion

Also, data cannot lie, if you complete a path in any decent level gameplay with a GR or a CW, the path would be completed faster, with less potions with a GR. <<<and that is what makes him objectively better as a jack of trades (since we are comparing multi-utility champs here).

Grow up and call an apple an apple, noone is insulting your opinion but rather the way you try to mask your opinion into factual info.

P.s. It is almost worth bringing in blade (even a 3*) with GR and take up two slots on your roster than to just bring in CW, if the trouble you are having is placing judgements.

Sometimes I wonder if people understand what they actually write both explicitly and implicitly.

The irony of going off on someone because they disagree with what you have stated to be an opinion, but is actually attempting to be objective through your defense of it, using wrong information.