Is it me or is Morningstar on Map 5 too over powered

Ghostspider231Ghostspider231 Member Posts: 301 ★★★
I have taken three different bleed immune champs to take on morningstar to AQ. A max 5/50 Iceman; A 6 star Nebula; A max 5/50 GR. I have timed out almost everytime without taking a single hit. Is anyone having the same problem I have never had that problem against any other mini in map 5.

Comments

• DaMunkDaMunk Member Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    edited April 2018
    Bleed immune champs all seem to hit soft until recently. Perfect fight for Luke Cage though. My r4 5* Iceman times out on day 4
  • Ghostspider231Ghostspider231 Member Posts: 301 ★★★
    But a six start champ with nearly 2000 attack shouldn't be timing out regardless of the immunity.
  • TonedefTonedef Member Posts: 137
    On day two or three I beat the first MS with my 5/50 GR, had 30 seconds to spare. Yesterday I messed up and died against the second, but I’m sure I would have timed out. I think our starting prestige is 5100. Try Blade, he shrugs the bleed pretty quick.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Member Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited April 2018
    You have 10 alliance members. It’s not like you have to solo her. It’s fine if you time out
    I wouldn't mind losing a champ to a mini. My issue is that I would destroy her with an extra 30 seconds and I lose half my HP when I wouldn't have lost any. I know I have other members, but I take down minis so no one else has to saving their champs for the boss or harder nodes.
  • OwGssOwGss Member Posts: 82
    If the power gain was not there on 2nd mini boss it’d be fine... my r4 5* ultron works great but I time out due to power gain and bait
  • DaMunkDaMunk Member Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    But a six start champ with nearly 2000 attack shouldn't be timing out regardless of the immunity.

Nebula hits pretty soft too unless you get off a special 2 with lots of shocks stacked. Doing that you have to play pretty defensively so yeah you'll run out of time. A 4* r5 Sentinel would probably be a better option or Luke Cage.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Member Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Timed out in tier 1 on day 5 with 10K+ prestige using 4/55 Ultron. Like Cage is likely the best option since he gains attack for each debuff placed on opponents.
  • Hulk_SmellsHulk_Smells Member Posts: 183
    I just timed out and didn't take a single hit with my 5/50 GR also. Went back in to finish MS off and left with full health. No issues.
  • DL864DL864 Member Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    I just timed out for the first time. I also tried blade on day 3 with gr sparky synergy he got the job done but she almost bled him out so I don’t see that as a good option
  • shchong2shchong2 Member Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    I think the fear is taking too long and getting time-out. :(
  • MerovegianMerovegian Member Posts: 49
    Another reason why they should remove those damn timers. It makes no sense.
  • BluntMacheteBluntMachete Member Posts: 134
    Was 165 hits to 0 with OG 4s Vision and got him down to 42% using sp2 and a few sp1 to get her below 2 bars of power. But I still lost 1/2 hp plus blocking dmg, definitely lower health pool...
  • SirTodd_83SirTodd_83 Member Posts: 177
    The problem is the majority of bleed immune champs have pillow hands, i think Luke cage is probably the best option. I've personally have the best results with a 5* rank 4 blade paired with ghostrider and stark enhanced spidey and using a health boost just incase
  • TonyStarkTonyStark Member Posts: 354
    edited April 2018
    I soloed MS (2nd Mini Boss) with my R4 luke cage yesterday (day 4). But yeah, MS can be a pain in the *** without LC or other great champs.
  • TonyStarkTonyStark Member Posts: 354
    Merovegian wrote: »
    Another reason why they should remove those damn timers. It makes no sense.

Umm... No. They should just increase the timer to 4mins atleast.
  • KnightarthusKnightarthus Member Posts: 419 ★★★
    I have been using 5* R3 LC duped to solo her with no problems even today on day 5. You just have to have the right champions and adjust.
    Doesn't anyone find it absurd that you have to have one particular champ in order to beat a mini boss in AQ??? Not everyone has a Luke Cage. When it was mordo, or rhino, or cable you could use any hard hitting champ to beat them. To be fair there were better champs (SL, Drax, X-23, Iceman, etc) out there that could do it easier, but any decent champ could feasibly work.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Member Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Doesn't anyone find it absurd that you have to have one particular champ in order to beat a mini boss in AQ??? Not everyone has a Luke Cage. When it was mordo, or rhino, or cable you could use any hard hitting champ to beat them. To be fair there were better champs (SL, Drax, X-23, Iceman, etc) out there that could do it easier, but any decent champ could feasibly work.

Yes, that is absurd. Having to deal 180K+ damage within 3 mins is difficult with all but a handful of champions like Star Lord. Having to do that with a bleed immune champion that doesn’t have pillow hands or regeneration to regain health lost from timing out leaves Luke Cage, Ghost Rider, and Iceman.
  • Robby199696Robby199696 Member Posts: 85
    My 5/50 gr took her down in exactly 3 minutes 180 hits but someone else had taken off 25% of her health before. It’s completely ridiculous.
  • Jones979Jones979 Member Posts: 84
    I use Quake for Morningstar. Works unbelievably well.
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Member Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    She’s the reason I really hate forced bleed more-so than forced poison. Medusa, Hyperion, the Marvel twins and so many more poison immune champs exist that also double as true beastly attackers

But with bleed immune you’ve got

Iceman who doesn’t really hit terribly hard being a slight abover your typical debuff champs (almost reminds me of BPc)

Ghost Rider who is fairly tricky to use in such time constraints and his niche as a healer only activates truly AFTER he times out on round 1

And Luke Cage who is just a beast! Not gonna lie he’s basically the only true heavy handed bleed immune

Theoretically Rogue could work but definitely needs a high dupe to really pull it off well