**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

"Nerf" Star Lord's Special 2

I have come to think that Star Lord is just to much for some content. I think that his special 2 should deal half the damage it currently does, but in return you can make a specific combo and then an L2 right after for a specific elemental blast.
I.e.
MLLLM L2= Power Drain
LLLML L2= Health Block
LLMLL L2= Shock
LMLLM L2= Armor Break

Comments

• PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    Wow a nerf SL post. Although I somewhat agree with your suggestion... Can't really tell the difference between his L2 and L3 atm so never use his L3
  • XFA_RebootedXFA_Rebooted Posts: 1,048 ★★★
    edited April 2018
    L3 would be the same. If you need a specific debuff applied, go for L2. If you need more damage, go for L3. It just gives more strategy to accomplish while using a strong end-game content character.
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    If his sp2 crits on high combo he dishes out massive damage though. His damage is his main selling point. He’s also incredibly easy to use. Nothing complicated, just hit the opponent and watch his damage ramp up. With your suggestion, he’d lose a very noticeable amount of damage on his specials and be much more awkward to use if you’re concentrating so hard on specific combos, especially those that start with lights. Intercepts are generally done with mediums which is what people want to focus on to avoid chip damage from blocking. I can see where you’re coming from but I think he’s best left as he is. Not only that, if you could control those debuffs and maintain his damage output (from normal attacks) then he’d start to get a little overpowered. Just imagine going for shock every time over a 100 combo.
    If his sp2 crits on high combo he dishes out massive damage though. His damage is his main selling point. He’s also incredibly easy to use. Nothing complicated, just hit the opponent and watch his damage ramp up. With your suggestion, he’d lose a very noticeable amount of damage on his specials and be much more awkward to use if you’re concentrating so hard on specific combos, especially those that start with lights. Intercepts are generally done with mediums which is what people want to focus on to avoid chip damage from blocking. I can see where you’re coming from but I think he’s best left as he is. Not only that, if you could control those debuffs and maintain his damage output (from normal attacks) then he’d start to get a little overpowered. Just imagine going for shock every time over a 100 combo.

Yeah, now that I think about it, it could almost be a buff...
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Star lord sp2 damage is ok. He can stay the way he is and implementing your idea
  • lol buddy somehow he’s been fine for 3+ years now. i mean why change him now? XD
  • AlCapone2727AlCapone2727 Posts: 428 ★★
    I like the combo idea, but don't mess with something not broken. Apply it to new champs
  • Vossler77Vossler77 Posts: 683 ★★
    I have come to think that Star Lord is just to much for some content. I think that his special 2 should deal half the damage it currently does, but in return you can make a specific combo and then an L2 right after for a specific elemental blast.
    I.e.
    MLLLM L2= Power Drain
    LLLML L2= Health Block
    LLMLL L2= Shock
    LMLLM L2= Armor Break

Unreal. Gtfooh
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    edited April 2018
    why do you hate everyone??? - i think this is just one of those cases where someone is so bored that they can't think of anything to complain about. Life is good man, just be happy
    lol buddy somehow he’s been fine for 3+ years now. i mean why change him now? XD

Because of Kabam releasing champs like Proxima Midnight. She takes a lot of time to ramp up damage. Star Lord takes literally only one skill: Being able to keep up a combo.
  • Vossler77Vossler77 Posts: 683 ★★
    edited April 2018
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    lol buddy somehow he’s been fine for 3+ years now. i mean why change him now? XD

Because of Kabam releasing champs like Proxima Midnight. She takes a lot of time to ramp up damage. Star Lord takes literally only one skill: Being able to keep up a combo.

You don’t have him don’t you ? Only thing that would explain this post.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Again Star lord sp2 damage is ok. He can stay the way he is and implementing your idea
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,817 ★★★★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    Again Star lord sp2 damage is ok. He can stay the way he is and implementing your idea

No, he doesn't need any changes at all. His SP2 is better than ok.
  • PaytoPlay wrote: »
    Wow a nerf SL post. Although I somewhat agree with your suggestion... Can't really tell the difference between his L2 and L3 atm so never use his L3

There's always that dumb enough dude to make an even dumber request. LOL
  • unknownunknown Posts: 378
    Starlord still relevant?
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    Yeah I mean from proxmia to blade to stark spidey to hela to some other champions, starlord is the one you want nerfed.