**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Hyperion worth a Generic Awakening Gem?

Sokovia_AccordsSokovia_Accords Posts: 23
edited June 2017 in Strategy and Tips
Is he?

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    Well, if you really want him Awakened, then use it. He's one of those Champs that doesn't need to be Awakened to be good. The Extended Buff Duration comes in handy. It's all up to you. A Generic is valuable, so I try to make the best choices with them. If you don't think you'll Dup him, go for it. If you want to save it, I'd support that as well.
  • Options
    Il_JooOIl_JooO Posts: 470 ★★
    Is he?

I was thinking the same but then I realized I could do 7 millions point again and here we are trying to dupe him in arena and saving up the generic for Starlord when he will decide to appear xD
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    Il_JooO wrote: »
    Is he?

I was thinking the same but then I realized I could do 7 millions point again and here we are trying to dupe him in arena and saving up the generic for Starlord when he will decide to appear xD

I actually used one on SL. Then I Duped him after. He's up to 75 Sig now. LOL.
  • Options
    Well, if you really want him Awakened, then use it. He's one of those Champs that doesn't need to be Awakened to be good. The Extended Buff Duration comes in handy. It's all up to you. A Generic is valuable, so I try to make the best choices with them. If you don't think you'll Dup him, go for it. If you want to save it, I'd support that as well.

If he doesn't need to be awakened to be good then I won't do it. I have 2 generics in my inventory waiting for a Voodoo or SW.
    Il_JooO wrote: »
    Is he?

I actually got my Hyp from the arena and was thinking on using an awakening him using a generic since I can't really do a 2nd round because of work. I already have my SL awakened, thank God.
  • Options
    CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Kabam this champ is too overpowered, his power gain should be tone down. Hope you can do this after this AQ season is over and he is not the miniboss anymore
  • Options
    VTA92VTA92 Posts: 374 ★★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    Kabam this champ is too overpowered, his power gain should be tone down. Hope you can do this after this AQ season is over and he is not the miniboss anymore

Sounds like you just need to learn how to counter him. Just because a champ is tough to fight doesn't mean they need to be nerfed.
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    I agree that he doesn't need to be awakened to be good. The buff duration is nice, but it doesn't really unlock anything significant (like SL or SW).

I used to think Hyperion was overpowered, but that was before I learned how to play against him. You don't need any special champ to beat him, but you do need to bait his low specials (a single dash back misses everything, which opens you up to smash him before his feet hit the ground), evade his heavy (or avoid triggering it), and parry the hell out of him. He really isn't that difficult. I have a harder time beating Black Bolt (stupid stun on his SP1).

• Options
    DonaldJTrump69DonaldJTrump69 Posts: 147
    edited June 2017
    CapWW2 wrote: »

Stöp cryïng nërf yä nööb
  • Options
    GreatScottGreatScott Posts: 106
    Yes he's arguably the best cosmic in the game, he's even better duped.