**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

GLOBAL CHAT SPOILERS!

I have had to stop looking for partners for the dungeons on global chat and disable it because of people spoiling the movie, it's INSANE some people sit on global for hours just to upset ppl by saying what happens every few minutes, I just want to scream, I shouldn't have to stop playing the game or using global chat because people are getting enjoyment out of this...is there something that can be done about this? Why can't the ones the keep repeating this be punished by maybe disabling their global chat for a period of time? I understand people are going to spoil it but the ones that are making it a full time job are seriously getting under my skin..

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,719 ★★★★★
    There is nothing that can be done then ... spoilers are a subjective thing. You either like them or not.
    Players are only punished if they post spoilers in the forums.
  • I know...im just venting, it just really sucks. I took my kids yesterday to see it but every conversation on global are ppl fighting over it, it's just too much
  • The forums you can chose to read, global chat just slaps you in the face with them..
  • Chris_L_HChris_L_H Posts: 162
    Erika1217 wrote: »
    The forums you can chose to read, global chat just slaps you in the face with them..

you can choose not to read global chat too.
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    Use the Find Player feature that is out now, and disable global chat.
  • Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Posts: 528 ★★★
    OP, it is ridiculous! An alliance mate was pissed because unlike the forums, the chat just scrolls.
  • ThebgjThebgj Posts: 635 ★★
    Do peoples movie expericances axrually get ruined from a spoiler? I realize that we’re all different

For me- I can still enjoy the heck out of a movie hearing a “spoiler”. It’s never taken anything away from the movie. Watching it for myself I get to see what leads up to said spoiler, or still enjoy the ride even though I know the ending. That sort of makes a movie better, if it can be spoiled and yet you still enjoyed the crud out of it 🤪
  • The_GrandmasterThe_Grandmaster Posts: 205
    Infinity war is not a who done it type of movie. The movie is mostly based from comics so you will have an idea of what is gonna happen anyway if you read the comics. My point is that spoilers from people in a chat are not going to ruin the movie for you. It was a good movie, go see it anyway. If you are the type of person that gets overly upset about a spoiler than you should try to see the movie right away or learn to read more selectively but as I said, it's not gonna ruin the movie for you just cuz someone told you something about it.
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    There is nothing that can be done then ... spoilers are a subjective thing. You either like them or not.
    Players are only punished if they post spoilers in the forums.

then what's the difference between in-game and the forum? if spoilers are subjective ingame, they are also subjective here.
    the "you either like them or not" applies in the game and in the forum.

then why is it that in one of them is a punishable offense but on the other is fine?

Because is a free chat that can't be controlled. People can say anything there as long as they are not insulting anyone, or promoting something against the ToS (account sharing or fake websites).
    Giving spoilers in that chat is not against the rules. And even if it was, it wouldn't be possible to control it.
  • Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    this is WHY you turn of global chat. if you are looking at global chat for whatever reason then save yourself from the span and, now, spoilers and join an ally
  • Erika1217Erika1217 Posts: 8
    What I'm getting at is..global chat is a must right now to find dungeon partners when your alliance isn't doing them, I shouldn't have to disable anything..and as I pointed out, I saw the movie..im not just referring to me, and when ppl write repeatly what happens, and who died then YES it's a spoiler, so the ppl that dont want it ruined is either forced to disable chat or be forced to run out and see it? There are some times reason ppl can't just run out and see it immediately. I was just trying to vent not start a war over who is right or wrong, but if you can be punished on here then it should be the same for the game as well
    Receiving the spoiler is the lesser factor here. It's no big deal, unless the person has serious problems with spoilers, which isn't normal.
    If you want to find partner for the dungeons in the global chat, then do it. If you don't want to get spoiled, turn off global chat and don't do dungeons with strangers. There is no solution for everything
  • PandoraFlamePandoraFlame Posts: 110
    this is WHY you turn of global chat. if you are looking at global chat for whatever reason then save yourself from the span and, now, spoilers and join an ally

Yes I completely agree. Since day 1 I turned off global chat and the game is wonderfully peaceful (minus the guy in my alliance who can't stop obsessing over feet)
  • PandoraFlamePandoraFlame Posts: 110
    Receiving the spoiler is the lesser factor here. It's no big deal, unless the person has serious problems with spoilers, which isn't normal.
    If you want to find partner for the dungeons in the global chat, then do it. If you don't want to get spoiled, turn off global chat and don't do dungeons with strangers. There is no solution for everything

You could also join an alliance and find someone to do dungeons there too. :-)
  • Erika1217Erika1217 Posts: 8
    Im in a alliance like I said above, none seem to want to do them, not just referring to me, but the thousands of other ppl as well, to me either punish for both forum and game or neither